Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Sorry Harsins family getting involved on Twitter isn’t a good look tbh. Looks like Urban’s wife going off and everyone saw with their own eyes what he was up to.

The damn coaching staff is subtweeting this s*** too.  There's a ton of blame to go around

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Knew they were white trash the second I saw their family. See how the dresses and did their hair? lol 

Ok we don’t need to go there…..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Knew they were white trash the second I saw their family. See how the dresses and did their hair? lol 

Now y’all just wilding out for no apparent damn reason…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let’s not do this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Back on Topic.  Harsin's Sister in Law is tweeting through it too...

sil.thumb.png.0691daae7763238ba4b4a5c0dc26bcee.png

That would be interesting being that CBH has been pretty tight lipped regarding everything going on. Would he appreciate or sign off on a family member doing this.

Does off-season drama count towards the Director's Cup standings? This may be our year!

• Haha 2

LOL this poor guy.  How dare a young wife and daughters not be homely and wear no makeup 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I appreciate the approach Titan Tiger has laid out. I dearly want Harsin to succeed, but I also wouldn't announce the end of the cosmos if he's let go. You can hire a new coach any time before August. It would be VERY hard to build a good spring training, but it can be done. If it's necessary to dismiss Harsin, and I don't have an opinion on that, Auburn will suffer some and eventually be Auburn again.

We are in a VERY hostile environment. Outstanding SEC teams will go 8-4 quite often in coming years. Somebody's gonna win the conference at 10-2 or 9-3 before the dust clears. But Auburn has succeeded when it's been possible to go 9-2 pretty much every year and break through with a 9-1-1 or even 11-0 once in awhile. Now I'd guess that means something like 8-4 or 9-3 as a baseline, with breakthroughs. But it can be done.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The damn coaching staff is subtweeting this s*** too.  There's a ton of blame to go around

I had to look up what subtweeting was. Learn something new every day

Just now, cole256 said:

It's funny all the out of bounds stuff that's said on here. If I bring up race.....that's when everybody starts demanding and policing stuff. 

How many people checked the guy who said the black coach was chasing a check? 

Yep, no one cared about that. We should be able to discuss race here as it relates to the football team, but it's impossible. 

And of course we are back to blaming the players. There hasn't been one kind word said about Harsin in weeks and now some are defending him? There's so much evidence that the guy just isn't likeable. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Most of those players that left and threw shade came to Auburn to be coached by a sweet gentle grandpa, but instead got a drill sergeant. Sounds like they just don't receive criticism well. The hard-ass mentality doesn't work on everyone. 

No doubt there is truth to that statement.  But there is a middle ground.  Especially when the coaching is poor at best.   Poor personnel decisions, lame play-calling, sloppy substitution.  Loss after loss after loss.   Harsin doesn’t have the pedigree or results to pull it off.  Gotta be a better manager.  Every kid needs something different.  Complete lack of discipline, on the other hand, results in a Willie Taggart record.   Middle ground. Not enough GOOD to balance the BAD with Harsin and staff.   Nowhere near enough good.  Great game v Bama, versus ALL the negative.  

Lol - the house is on fire, and it was started from the inside. Auburn will never get consistency in the football program until it gets out it’s on way. He was never universally accepted by the PTB, and never stood a chance from day one. This is pathetic from top to bottom. 

Just now, cole256 said:

I just don't see how we survive this and not get screwed in recruiting

We have already been screwed in recruiting…..best path forward at this point is to bring someone in who at least can put a new face on the program. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Without breaking the rules of this tread that Titan set up...

What are the accusations?

mouth taped.gif

Edit to add: This was just a joke. I hope none of the mods take it to mean people are being silenced or whatever. Just trying to make light of a sticky (ha... duct tape... get it?) situation.

Edited by looney
Clarification
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Other than not signing any players on NSD?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Think of hell Freezing over

Do u think their is a chance that all this blows over, nothing is said, it's never Addressed? And Harsin slogs on toward the spring practice and we never really know what did or did not happen..

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Lol - the house is on fire, and it was started from the inside. Auburn will never get consistency in the football program until it gets out it’s on way. He was never universally accepted by the PTB, and never stood a chance from day one. This is pathetic from top to bottom. 

I agree.  But he was paid 5 MM per year, and part of his responsibilities is to mingle with all stakeholders.   He just doesn't have the personality for a major football program.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Freudian slip?

I would genuinely love hiring Hugh Freeze. Our own self inflicted embarrassments probably do not out weigh his. Just saying!!

Just now, cole256 said:

On the bright side, we were screwed in recruiting anyway. A new staff has the chance to actually improve things in that aspect, even coming in late.