Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m just wondering. This morning you were alluding the the fact that you thought that maybe the Harsin firing wasn’t as eminent as we all though 3 days ago. I was just wondering if you were back to thinking it was more likely.

I don’t think it is imminent the longer this pause keeps happening. Yesterday I for sure thought it would happen soon with PTB saying freeze then I heard other speculation from a few trusted posters haha. So it seems like it is all contradictory information. That’s why I was like hold up on celebrating freeze lol. I think this buy out is much bigger than people thought would be an issue even for people who can’t stand CBH (supposedly).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think they already have hugh freeze on speed dial , I also don’t think it is as easy as saying here it is , it’s your job freeze. I am giving them the benefit of a doubt that they have a plan but there is some serious concern about the buy out.

I believe they want Freeze, but calling his agent and asking if there if interest is different than saying "Freeze is getting hired". Most agents worth their salt will say "Sure, so and so has interest" just to leverage a raise or contract extension. The issue is the people who we put in charge of hiring a new HC doesn't understand this.

Common sense says that you're right...the longer this was drug out, the higher the chances Harsin stays for at least '22.

• Like 1

"Common sense says that you're right...the longer this was drug out, the higher the chances Harsin stays for at least '22."

That would put the lame in lame duck.  And one more year till the ship is righted.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t think it is imminent the longer this pause keeps happening. Yesterday I for sure thought it would happen soon with PTB saying freeze then I heard other speculation from a few trusted posters haha. So it seems like it is all contradictory information. That’s why I was like hold up on celebrating freeze lol. I think this buy out is much bigger than people thought would be an issue even for people who can’t stand CBH (supposedly).

Maybe the silence is because there are currently negotiations/Auburn setting up the coaching structure going forward (because we will have an interim IMO, even if just briefly) with them trying to determine what happens to this staff. Can we leave the Boise guys in place? What power structure keeps the most guys out of the portal? Lots of things to consider. 

Just now, Newbomb said:

"Common sense says that you're right...the longer this was drug out, the higher the chances Harsin stays for at least '22."

That would put the lame in lame duck.  And one more year till the ship is righted.

Maybe , maybe not. 

Just now, LaphroaigWDE said:

Maybe the silence is because there are currently negotiations/Auburn setting up the coaching structure going forward (because we will have an interim IMO, even if just briefly) with them trying to determine what happens to this staff. Can we leave the Boise guys in place? What power structure keeps the most guys out of the portal? Lots of things to consider. 

I agree. It could be a lot of that as well. 

6 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I believe they want Freeze, but calling his agent and asking if there if interest is different than saying "Freeze is getting hired". Most agents worth their salt will say "Sure, so and so has interest" just to leverage a raise or contract extension. The issue is the people who we put in charge of hiring a new HC doesn't understand this.

Common sense says that you're right...the longer this was drug out, the higher the chances Harsin stays for at least '22.

How does "common sense" have anything to do with this thread?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

Hey if a coach being mean is all it takes to be those guys, there are hundreds of high school coaches we can get for the job that will be the next Saban 

And if they fire for being mean they will all be available.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

yep. I think the hold up is this buy out and if they can get him to drive it down he is gone but I don’t see why CBH would ever do that. If that is the case , it probably won’t be any type of firing this year. I am passed the idea of cause to fire. 

Do you think it’s possible that Harsin has massive support from current players? With players having so much freedom to leave at anytime and play elsewhere, what if a majority of the team said we are out if you fire Harsin. I know we have lost a ton of guys already but we really couldn’t afford to lose a lot more. I don’t know, I thought he was gone for sure yesterday but if he survives today, I think we play 2022 with CBH.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't blame you for thinking that. I apologize to everyone for my hit and run. I got a call from a friend in the President's office saying it was done but didn't say when it would be announced. I was just walking out the door for a doctor's app't when I got the call. I rushed to make the post so I wouldn't be late for the app't.  In retrospect I should have waited until I got back home. Lesson learned and I won't say any more about it until we see an announcement.

Was your source Jen Psaki?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Assuming things keep going like they have been. How long do you think it will take for the buyout to be low enough?

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, wcware said:

You want me to get on MeeMaw’s Twitter? 😂 

Well she is tied to yellafella so 🤷‍♂️

All this s*** talking Yella Fella has gotten this week. Guarantee you when Harsin diarrheas the bed next season everyone is gonna be like, “we can go get a big name coach, just have Yella Fella foot the bill”.

“Shut up and go away, but leave the multi-million dollar check here.”

-Auburn Fans

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All this s*** talking Yella Fella has gotten this week. Guarantee you when Harsin diarrheas the bed next season everyone is gonna be like, “we can go get a big name coach, just have Yella Fella foot the bill”.

“Shut up and go away, but leave the multi-million dollar check here.”

-Auburn Fans

Not gonna lie...I've been a member of the "give him one more year" group, but I'm also a longtime member of the "let's see how bad we can screw up this HC search" group.

dancing-funny-dancing.gif