Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

51 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

It’s about relationships established outside of that. Harsin doesn’t do the work or have the results to back it up. Saban and smart are no nonsense but it’s overlooked because they win and I don’t think I’m general are abusive outside of games.

Not true. Talk to anyone outside the coaching ranks (who don't dare publicly critique Saban) and you'll hear Saban has always been abusive and demanded grinding work hours all the way back to his Toledo days. You even heard it from their coaches in the early days - things like being expected to work Christmas Eve until late at night and then be back Christmas Day, or else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

More players openly clowning the guy

See this football matters shirt? I know this was a long time ago but this is the type of stuff I'm saying

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Guarantee we already have staff lined up.   Or the PTB are far stupider that we imagine.  This is RUNNING SOMEONE OUT OF TOWN.  Didn’t we line up a moving service for little Bowden the SAME day we fired him?  Lol.   

what, in the history of Auburn, makes you think "they" have something lined up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol - the house is on fire, and it was started from the inside. Auburn will never get consistency in the football program until it gets out it’s on way. He was never universally accepted by the PTB, and never stood a chance from day one. This is pathetic from top to bottom. 

Just seems like a Harsin problem to me. Maybe it's all true about the PTB, but I still haven't seen anyone explain what they specifically did to hold Harsin back. Part of his job is to win them over. It can be done but it doesn't seem like he even tried. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u think their is a chance that all this blows over, nothing is said, it's never Addressed? And Harsin slogs on toward the spring practice and we never really know what did or did not happen..

Lol no. “Blowing over” option was done after his staff and his family started subtweeting stuff. 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u think their is a chance that all this blows over, nothing is said, it's never Addressed? And Harsin slogs on toward the spring practice and we never really know what did or did not happen..

IMO there is no way Harsin survives this whether he leaves on his own or he is pushed out.

My guess is they will negotiate a partial buyout to part ways.  This is just WAY too toxic at this point. 

"You can coach 'em as hard as you love 'em" - Coach Bruce Pearl (who stole it from Coach Dye)

Gotta have balance

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, au701948 said:

I would genuinely love hiring Hugh Freeze. Our own self inflicted embarrassments probably do not out weigh his. Just saying!!

If Harsin is cut loose and we go after Freeze (I'd make Fickle or Grimes say no first), just give him a crash course on burner phones.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

More players openly clowning the guy

Um...that guy is a current player and I believe it's in support of Harsin

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not sensitive at all but if I'm watched and told to avoid stuff and you start an interaction with that how the hell am I supposed to take it. Coincidentally watch who all start liking and laughing your post.

And it's not that I care it's don't pretend I'm making something up or I don't know what I'm talking about because it's clear as day

Ok. Good talk.

giphy.gif

Just now, fasttimes said:

I’m holding out hope that THIS ONE TIME, they did it right?  The odds are in my favor, you gotta admit……

Just now, cbo said:

Just seems like a Harsin problem to me. Maybe it's all true about the PTB, but I still haven't seen anyone explain what they specifically did to hold Harsin back. Part of his job is to win them over. It can be done but it doesn't seem like he even tried. 

And they never really universally accepted the hire, particularly with Green making it and phasing a lot of their opinions out. With the resistance he was receiving he came in guns blazing, and it was just bad from the jump. I don’t think Auburn can hire a coach and get out of his way…it has never happens in my lifetime 

I don't get all the blame being put on some "PTB", as though they are behind the curtain pulling strings. Those money people want AU to win too, just like we do. Harsin was given full control of the football program, no strings attached. He's dropped the ball in several areas and instead of putting the blame where it belongs, we need a PTB to blame it on? That's nonsense.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just don't see how we survive this and not get screwed in recruiting

If there is true cause and we fire him, I don't think there is really that much damage as long as we make a decent hire.

Recruiting is over. He's made zero connections with players for 23.  Hell we just had a Jr day and only 2 of the top 20 in AL came.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CR said:

On the bright side, we were screwed in recruiting anyway. A new staff has the chance to actually improve things in that aspect, even coming in late. 

I think I'm moving to your logic. I was very adamant that you have to wait and see and give Harsin another year......I just don't see how recruiting can survive this. We'll start getting arky talent soon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Um...that guy is a current player and I believe it's in support of Harsin

No he doesn't support

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

nope but in this atmosphere who the hell knows

3 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Well and Bowden wasn’t run out of town…..he was told mid season he wouldn’t be retained after the season and dude straight up walked out on his players.

Thank God for Bro Bill in the interim.  I was at Auburn then and fully remember all that drama. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

I don't get all the blame being put on some "PTB", as though they are behind the curtain pulling strings. Those money people want AU to win too, just like we do. Harsin was given full control of the football program, no strings attached. He's dropped the ball in several areas and instead of putting the blame where it belongs, we need a PTB to blame it on? That's nonsense.

I don't think people are putting blame on the PTB just yet, but the lack of any concrete information has different scenarios spiraling out of control through everyone's head and one of those scenarios is TPB stirring up this to get him out. It's not beyond belief for us that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Totally agree!

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

No he doesn't support

Kam Stutts is still on the team, right?  And he posts a video of his coach blasting "twidiots" on social media being negative.

Situationally that seems like he's supporting Harsin.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong

• Like 2