Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

23 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

I will explain more thoroughly for you- I was referring to the overall hostile environment for visiting teams in Boise’s stadium, not the blue color of the turf. Seats around 48k, I’ve been to multiple games there and they go nuts and rock that place.   The blue turf is funny but Boise has embraced it. They even got in trouble a few years ago when they came up with all blue uniforms to match the turf. Some other teams bitched.

Funny story they had some trouble because the geese used to land on it thinking it was water.  Laws of unintended consequences.

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Has he not had that opportunity to this point this offseason 

Kinda like synchronized swimming on a white water rafting course. Seems the flow was against any progress but he probably owns some of that but I am not gullible enough to believe he owns all of it.

Just now, cole256 said:

Is there a deadline date of when info will come out or anything like that?

Today: "Today"

Tomorrow: "Today"

Next Day: "Today"

Day after: "Today"

Day after that: "Today"

Next day after the day after that: "Today"

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, cole256 said:

Is there a deadline date of when info will come out or anything like that?

No, but with the SEC coaches meeting in Birmingham tomorrow, most have thought something would happen before that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Listen @provibe you can face palm me all you want, you may disagree but the fact is he hasn't, Show me where he has capitalized on the opportunity to recruit better? 

Like he’s had 2 or 3 recruiting cycles. I thought he did pretty fair the early signing but I also believe he had his hands tied in last signing! I would like to see what he could do if all parties were backing him

9 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Trust me bro…

A102F664-B0CC-43DB-A588-6647EB507E84.jpeg

Meanwhile UGA is showing interest in one of our next recruiters, Ethridge. Getting a bit harder to even care anymore at this point. Whomever they hire will take a few years to even get us in a discussion for 3rd in the West. 

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How you gonna say this but facepalm what I said?🤷 That doesn't make any damn sense. 

jKL1MHc.gif

If my other reply doesn’t answer to this then I guess I don’t understand 

48 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Common sense would tell you that he’s been in touch- a lot- with his assistants and agent while sipping that tequila.

He’ll have plenty to say once bubba boosters are finished. Or he may have 18 million reasons not to say a thing.

Does not impress me as the tequila type. Your right, common sense says a lot of interaction with agent/lawyers

11 minutes ago, provibe said:

Like he’s had 2 or 3 recruiting cycles. I thought he did pretty fair the early signing but I also believe he had his hands tied in last signing! I would like to see what he could do if all parties were backing him

He failed miserably trying to do junior day what a fiasco that was, three players showed up total. Hasn't really made any headway at visiting high schools. Not one player signed last week. No OL targets signed. C'mon man what else is there to prove he can't recruit. Man is just a walking disaster right now for our program.

Had a 2023 recruit just put out his top 5 and we weren't in it when at one point we were in the lead. 

Went to Mexico after signing day without an OC on hand. Missed so many valuable opportunities to get into high schools. All because it's his way or the highway mentality. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Today: "Today"

Tomorrow: "Today"

Next Day: "Today"

Day after: "Today"

Day after that: "Today"

Next day after the day after that: "Today"

Man this is so bad 😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Has he not had that opportunity to this point this offseason 

I don’t really know. And I am serious. I can’t believe that they did as well as they did in early signing and then nothing. Just looks to me that something changed. I have my opinions and I’m sure that you have yours. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

He failed miserably trying to do junior day what a fiasco that was, three players showed up total. Hasn't really made any headway at visiting high schools. Not one player signed last week. No OL targets signed. C'mon man what else is there to prove he can't recruit. Man is just a walking disaster right now for our program. 

I can’t disagree with that! I just think that there are underlying reasons. Like no support with NIL money. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man this is so bad 😂

It's like we try to out terrible ourselves.

What's worse?

Our Recruiting or handling internal HR investigations? 

Having an 8-5 coach who's all golly shucks and swell or having a complete a**hole that literally makes the entire football complex dread coming to work then going 8-5 (hopefully)?

Hope Yella man has his money ready

One would think that IF he was staying, we’d get some sort of strong support statement or clarity from our University leadership (not the board).  One would think that would have to be before tomorrow. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, provibe said:

I can’t disagree with that! I just think that there are underlying reasons. Like no support with NIL money. 

Bruh, NIL has nothing to do with him going to visit schools especially ones right up the road. NIL has nothing to do with Jr days and setting them up. NIL has nothing to do with not having an OC on hand before you go on Vacation. And plenty more that NIL doesn't have anything to do with. 

If that was the case why did he skip all the necessary benefits that would have helped with the NIL deal? 

Edited by autiger88

1 minute ago, provibe said:

Buddy, he doesn't want NIL money.

What part of paying 18 year old HS kids 6 or 7 figures to come to your school do you think "aligns" with what they preach at Boise State?

If he wanted NIL money, don't you think he would have spent some time rubbing elbows and making friends with the boosters that actually have that money for him?? He literally did the complete opposite when he got here: he flipped them off, and told everyone he would do it on his own. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

The recruiting dead period ended Jan 13th.
Harsin left to recruit for the first time on Jan 24th.

In the meantime; a 2023 Top 100 player in Alabama from right down the road at Central HS who had visited for ~FOUR games last season, announced a Top 5 without Auburn in it. Auburn was believed to be the leader at one point. The kids at Central are pissed that that Harsin basically waited till the last day to visit their school; meanwhile every other SEC coach had already long made them a priority.

This is his recruiting and there are many other examples.

He has no idea how to recruit in this region; or what the recruiting work is like.

IT'S HIS FAULT.

You can find other examples if you wish. Like sending Zac Etheridge to a Georgia HS Coaching event where Kirby Smart and other SEC head coaches were in attendance. Apparently Harsin is too important to make an appearance. At a similar Alabama HS event, Harsin showed up and delivered a speech...then left. Meanwhile Saban stayed after the event and had dinner with the coaches in attendance.

This is a recurring story, along with the fact that "his" coaches are fish out of water in recruiting down here. They basically all got shut out. NIL is also a complete contradiction to everything that the "Boise Culture" stands for; so don't expect him to make that a priority at all when recruiting HS kids. It's already basically lost us recruits like Trevonte Citizen. I've also heard that Harsin basically made no mention of NIL when he was pitching the WR from Oregon (Darrius Clemons) and the kid ended up visiting once to Michigan on the last weekend before early-signing day and ended up signing there. This was a kid that Harsin had a prior long-standing relationship with. Harsin actually blew that recruitment TWICE lol.

I didn’t think the coach could mention NIL money but that’s just what I’ve read on here. I

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

I didn’t think the coach could mention NIL money but that’s just what I’ve read on here. I

Now you just picking at stuff because you got proven wrong 🙄

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

4A3C9A5B-3A4C-48D2-8EC1-F390794A2F5F.jpeg

🙄 If you can look at all that at what was just posted and think that. Theres no helping you. 

How were his hands tied? I want facts? I don't want message board rumors. Show me links something that tells me he had his hands tied that prevented him for doing all that I said earlier. Show me.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

Well they just got done making me feel way worse about recruiting on The Drive. We are so screwed unless we drop this guy now and hire a popular coach who will have kids portaling over to us.

• Like 2