Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, au302 said:

New update from Hoke. He believes there is no chance that Harsin agrees to a settlement at this point. He will either be fired for cause or will be the coach going forward

Well thanks Hoke for that marvelous update. Like we didn't already know that. 😎

giphy-3.gif

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Everyone on earth knows they want to fire him for one reason or another. They should just sack up and fire without cause at this point. This is beyond embarrassing 

They’ve somehow managed to make themselves look worse than Harsin who’s apparently a total a**hole.  Pay the dude his money and get him the hell away from what’s left of the fb program before it gets even worse.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

New update from Hoke. He believes there is no chance that Harsin agrees to a settlement at this point. He will either be fired for cause or will be the coach going forward

Buyout must be off the table then. If they are willing to pay buyout they just have to say we think we need to go in different direction.

Just now, autiger88 said:

Well thanks Hoke for that marvelous update. Like we didn't already know that. 😎

Lol true, but there have been some that claim he'd give in. Hard to see that with him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Buyout must be off the table then. If they are willing to pay buyout they just have to say we think we need to go in different direction.

I messed that up. I suppose full buyout could be a possibility. Editing now

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Lol true, but there have been some that claim he'd give in. Hard to see that with him

That wasnt directed at you in any way. He gets paid to do this and that's his update, we've know that since this morning.  Hell @RunInRedsaid that this morning 🤣. Hokes source is @RunInRed😎

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed

🤣🤣  JHok admitting what everyone else has known all along. They either had something egregious on him or had nothing, and clearly JHok has literally no idea which one it is

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

🤣🤣  JHok admitting what everyone else has known all along. They either had something egregious on him or had nothing, and clearly JHok has literally no idea which one it is

Guess the only reason I found it worth sharing was because it confirms that Harsin is either stupid or knows they got nothing on him. If his attorneys are worth a damn, they'd tell him to take the settlement if they thought AU had something 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed

Guess the only reason I found it worth sharing was because it confirms that Harsin is either stupid or knows they got nothing on him. If his attorneys are worth a damn, they'd tell him to take the settlement if they thought AU had something 

Yeah no fault to you for sharing. Just cracking up at JHok

As was said days ago - he’s a prideful, maybe even self righteous guy.  Legally formidable. Even if it was about $50k, he wouldn’t do a deal.  If he negotiates it implies mutual fault, which I don’t think he believes, plus hurts his job opportunities down the road. My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

• Love 2

30 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it, or hear about it 🤣

Who's going to stop him? Harsin has more BDE than the entire BOT.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

As was said days ago - he’s a prideful, maybe even self righteous guy.  Legally formidable. Even if it was about $50k, he wouldn’t do a deal.  If he negotiates it implies mutual fault, which I don’t think he believes, plus hurts his job opportunities down the road. My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

Or they could just fire him🤷

That is not pride. That is just smart thinking .

• Like 1

Which is correct posture on his side especially so if he believes he did NOTHING wrong.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don’t know why Harsin would accept anything less than what his contract entitles him to. Sounds like they don’t have reason to fire him for cause.

Exactly!   If you owe me 18 mil, and you are legally obligated to give me my 18mil, why would I settle for anything less than 18 mil.?

However, if people at AU are convinced the affair happened, and they have just cause, they’re not going to be willing to pay 18mil, until they’ve fully investigated the situation.  

Option A.   They find just cause and fire him.   He walks away with $0, a broken marriage, and we start from ground zero in February with another coach.  
Option B.   They can’t find just cause and pay him $18 mil to go away.   AU would be paying various coaches somewhere around $40mil just to not coach at AU!🤦‍♂️  
Option C.  They can’t find just cause.  The donors who are already paying millions to other coaches to not coach at AU say we can’t afford another $18mil.   And Harsin is the lamest duck in coaching history in 2022, and we will reap all of the negative impact of this scenario!!!

This is a lose, lose, lose situation.   Can someone please come up with an option D!?!?!

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Has the story been pulled?  It’s not showing up for me even linking straight off Twitter.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t true anyways at this point 

True or not, kind of hard to retroactively enforce a policy you just made up.

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Exactly!   If you owe me 18 mil, and you are legally obligated to give me my 18mil, why would I settle for anything less than 18 mil.?

However, if people at AU are convinced the affair happened, and they have just cause, they’re not going to be willing to pay 18mil, until they’ve fully investigated the situation.  

Option A.   They find just cause and fire him.   He walks away with $0, a broken marriage, and we start from ground zero in February with another coach.  
Option B.   They can’t find just cause and pay him $18 mil to go away.   AU would be paying various coaches somewhere around $40mil just to not coach at AU!🤦‍♂️  
Option C.  They can’t find just cause.  The donors who are already paying millions to other coaches to not coach at AU say we can’t afford another $18mil.   And Harsin is the lamest duck in coaching history in 2022, and we will reap all of the negative impact of this scenario!!!

This is a lose, lose, lose situation.   Can someone please come up with an option D!?!?!

D.  Keep him and he pulls it off as Tubs did.

• Thanks 1