Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

I agree.  He will leave this place a toxic wasteland if we give him another year.   It will cost more than $18mil in the long run if he is our coach in 2022.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

As was said days ago - he’s a prideful, maybe even self righteous guy.  Legally formidable. Even if it was about $50k, he wouldn’t do a deal.  If he negotiates it implies mutual fault, which I don’t think he believes, plus hurts his job opportunities down the road. My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

I would too

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

As was said days ago - he’s a prideful, maybe even self righteous guy.  Legally formidable. Even if it was about $50k, he wouldn’t do a deal.  If he negotiates it implies mutual fault, which I don’t think he believes, plus hurts his job opportunities down the road. My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

As he should. 

I LOVE Auburn but these money folks are out of touch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Exactly!   If you owe me 18 mil, and you are legally obligated to give me my 18mil, why would I settle for anything less than 18 mil.?

However, if people at AU are convinced the affair happened, and they have just cause, they’re not going to be willing to pay 18mil, until they’ve fully investigated the situation.  

Option A.   They find just cause and fire him.   He walks away with $0, a broken marriage, and we start from ground zero in February with another coach.  
Option B.   They can’t find just cause and pay him $18 mil to go away.   AU would be paying various coaches somewhere around $40mil just to not coach at AU!🤦‍♂️  
Option C.  They can’t find just cause.  The donors who are already paying millions to other coaches to not coach at AU say we can’t afford another $18mil.   And Harsin is the lamest duck in coaching history in 2022, and we will reap all of the negative impact of this scenario!!!

This is a lose, lose, lose situation.   Can someone please come up with an option D!?!?!

Gotta be B.. 

Just now, Hank2020 said:

D.  Keep him and he pulls it off as Tubs did.

🤔 me, checking to see if Jason Campbell, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, Obamanu, Courtney Taylor, Carlos Rodgers, TWill, Junior Rosegreen, that 04 OL, etc. etc.  still have a year of eligibility…….🤔

• Like 2

We look foolish, again. Money guys, university leadership... I don't care who you want to blame or defend, but this is a mess. We're about to send this guy to the SEC meetings without addressing the situation. Making up new policies desperately. It's sad

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My instinct is he’ll burn the place to ground before admitting/giving a inch.

I don't get the same sense.  He is absolutely convinced he's still the right guy for the job and is above reproach with respect to the for cause accusations.  He will simply stand pat and get the full amount one way or the other.

• Like 1

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Or they could just fire him🤷

1) Fire him, write another crazy check, be nationally ridiculed, and hire an unproven (prayer involved) or damaged goods coach.(split the fan base) 2) keep him, try to survive a bad marriage for 1-2 years - maybe he figures it out or Kirby and saban are kidnapped by aliens. 

Never was a third option. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kes’s sister on Instagram.  

Someone must have told her to shut her piehole because less than 5 minutes after I took this screenshot, she had deleted that comment. 

Sounds like she wants to go scorched earth. 

EDIT:  Well, nevermind.  For some reason now the comment is up again on her Insta, so she didn’t delete it and no idea why it looked like it was before. 

771E7CB4-30CD-45F3-AF10-93AF0D8418D6.jpeg

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I don't get the same sense.  He is absolutely convinced he's still the right guy for the job and is above reproach with respect to the for cause accusations.  He will simply stand pat and get the full amount one way or the other.

Well at this point we may have to hope he is right

5 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

🤔 me, checking to see if Jason Campbell, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, Obamanu, Courtney Taylor, Carlos Rodgers, TWill, Junior Rosegreen, that 04 OL, etc. etc.  still have a year of eligibility…….🤔

Nix could’ve been our Campbell, but Harsin ran him off. Hudson could’ve been our Courtney Taylor but Harsin ran him off. And Harsin decided not to recruit any OL. But he knows best…..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Kes’s sister on Instagram.  

Someone must have told her to shut her piehole because less than 5 minutes after I took this screenshot, she had deleted that comment. 

Sounds like she wants to go scorched earth. 

771E7CB4-30CD-45F3-AF10-93AF0D8418D6.jpeg

If this is really what I’ve been suggesting was possible (based on no sources, just appearances cause I know jack about what’s really happening), then there probably needs to be a good bit of earth being scorched

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Nix could’ve been our Campbell, but Harsin ran him off. Hudson could’ve been our Courtney Taylor but Harsin ran him off. And Harsin decided not to recruit any OL. But he knows best…..

Exactly!  (although I’d rather have Campbell and Taylor 100X out of 100).   I don’t see anything from our current 2022 roster that gets me excited about the upcoming season.   And with all the off-season drama, I have close to zero hope we’ll be able to upgrade with spring transfers.   

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

If this is really what I’ve been suggesting was possible (based on no sources, just appearances cause I know jack about what’s really happening), then there probably needs to be a good bit of earth being scorched

Agreed. Can't find nothing on him and leave everything status quo. Will look from the outside like another failed coup

SMH. This is just so embarrassing. There needs to be some mother f***ing accountability. At least someone needs to come forth and tell us what this all was. For all we know, the university was told that Harsin was doing something and they investigated it. If that is the case, we need the president front and center telling everyone what this was and why it wasn’t some booster driven witch hunt. If not, between them and Harsin being in over his head, they’ve killed OUR football program. We need Alumni to stand our ground here. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

SMH. This is just so embarrassing. There needs to be some mother f***ing accountability. At least someone needs to come forth and tell us what this all was. For all we know, the university was told that Harsin was doing something and they investigated it. If that is the case, we need the president front and center telling everyone what this was and why it wasn’t some booster driven witch hunt. If not, between them and Harsin being in over his head, they’ve killed OUR football program. We need Alumni to stand our ground here. 

Oh and Kes’s sister needs to stfu. She’s essentially contributing to a harder job for her brother in law.

• Like 1

I know it seems all doom and gloomy but we have players and a few good players on our team.  So no we don't have Jason Campbell but we have a 1 in 5 shot at at good quarterback, we have great running backs as well.  We cleaned up on defense and after seeing M'ba up close at the BB game, it will be a challenge for anyone that lines up against him.  I am more concerned keeping who we have on the roster then who we lost because  they have legitimate reasons to transfer.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

For all we know, the university was told that Harsin was doing something and they investigated it. If that is the case, we need the president front and center telling everyone what this was and why it wasn’t some booster driven witch hunt.

This is actually what's happening.  They are investigating something they were told.

They'll either fire him or they'll come together AD/Pres/Harsin and have a presser clearing him and giving him their full support.  Saying something like they had to investigate and cleared him.

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh and Kes’s sister needs to stfu. She’s essentially contributing to a harder job for her brother in law.

Yeah, that or make a dent 😂😂

16 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Exactly!  (although I’d rather have Campbell and Taylor 100X out of 100).   I don’t see anything from our current 2022 roster that gets me excited about the upcoming season.   And with all the off-season drama, I have close to zero hope we’ll be able to upgrade with spring transfers.   

I think there will be spring opportunities (not as good as those you mentioned) but definitely opportunities.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is actually what's happening.  They are investigating something they were told.

They'll either fire him or they'll come together AD/Pres/Harsin and have a presser clearing him and giving him their full support.  Saying something like they had to investigate and cleared him.

Will they even acknowledge the investigation or will they just make some “hey everybody, we can’t wait to see Coach Harsin continue to do great thing here at Auburn” a** statement? That’s the question.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

So that policy was already on the books at Auburn, it was just updated yesterday. I Don't know what it said beforehand or how it was worded though so there's that. 

The worst part of all of this is that we are all going to have to sit here and watch this guy completely burry the football program into the ground and when he eventually does get let go, he’s going to say “oh well I didn’t have the university behind me”. As if anybody is preventing him from traveling to recruit guys who are 20 mins away.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Company I worked for exit interviews were requested for all salaried employees that left of their own accord (retirement included). HR typically conducted or supervision from different department sat in. All negative points were REQUIRED to be investigated. Maybe something similar here.