Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just don't see how we survive this and not get screwed in recruiting

Or somebody like Tank changing his mind again

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

And they never really universally accepted the hire, particularly with Green making it and phasing a lot of their opinions out. With the resistance he was receiving he came in guns blazing, and it was just bad from the jump. I don’t think Auburn can hire a coach and get out of his way…it has never happens in my lifetime 

Yes.  But you can't ask money people to spend 25 MM on Gus' buyout then expect them to keep quit on his replacement.  AU football isn't a dictatorship.  It is a 100MM business with multiple stakeholders.  You have to have buy in or you have rough presidents handing out 49MM contracts to average coaches. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If there is true cause and we fire him, I don't think there is really that much damage as long as we make a decent hire.

Recruiting is over. He's made zero connections with players for 23.  Hell we just had a Jr day and only 2 of the top 20 in AL came.

It’s cause the dumb dumbs scheduled it the same day and time as Alabamas 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Well and Bowden wasn’t run out of town…..he was told mid season he wouldn’t be retained after the season and dude straight up walked out on his players.

Thank God for Bro Bill in the interim.  I was at Auburn then and fully remember all that drama. 

I had just graduated. I don’t remember the specifics but I know that there was a boosters daughter involved, with some drunken photos?  Whether  true, or not…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't get all the blame being put on some "PTB", as though they are behind the curtain pulling strings. Those money people want AU to win too, just like we do. Harsin was given full control of the football program, no strings attached. He's dropped the ball in several areas and instead of putting the blame where it belongs, we need a PTB to blame it on? That's nonsense.

I absolutley fault him for the mistakes he and his staff have made. I just have the feeling this is contrived b.s. to get Auburn out of the buyout. Or lessen it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, I don't see how Harsin comes out of this with a job at Auburn. There's way too much smoke, way too many people reporting the rumor that shall not be named, and now we add in abuse to players and staff. People can call players "soft" all they want but there's a difference between being a hard ass and being an ass. Results on the field matter as well when it comes to how hard you can be but players still want to know they are being treated fairly and with respect and that the coaches care about them.

From what I've seen, a lot of players and staff don't feel that from Harsin. Time to cut our losses before it gets even worse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If there is true cause and we fire him, I don't think there is really that much damage as long as we make a decent hire.

Recruiting is over. He's made zero connections with players for 23.  Hell we just had a Jr day and only 2 of the top 20 in AL came.

I would think because if we keep this staff it's like a fawn walking around by itself in the jungle. They will kill us with negative recruiting. The only thing we'll have to offer is a chance to play the Lions but nobody will think we are a lion. Hell or even a puma

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If there is true cause and we fire him, I don't think there is really that much damage as long as we make a decent hire.

Recruiting is over. He's made zero connections with players for 23.  Hell we just had a Jr day and only 2 of the top 20 in AL came.

That's the key.... If there is cause. Everybody keeps saying that after this there is no way we will be able to attract a decent coach, but I disagree if he is fired with cause. I think we would have about the same level of attraction as we always have, which maybe that level is not that high to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

IMO there is no way Harsin survives this whether he leaves on his own or he is pushed out.

My guess is they will negotiate a partial buyout to part ways.  This is just WAY too toxic at this point. 

I agree. This has to be over and move on quickly or this will hurt the Yniversity as a whole a d not just Football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cole256 said:

I would think because if we keep this staff it's like a fawn walking around by itself in the jungle. They will kill us with negative recruiting. The only thing we'll have to offer is a chance to play the Lions but nobody will think we are a lion. Hell or even a puma

At this point doesn't matter if it is true or not IMO, the damage is done. I don't see how this relationship is salvaged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is time to mutual part ways

Poster ITT or Harsin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

It’s cause the dumb dumbs scheduled it the same day and time as Alabamas 

Lol. Did we really do that?!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If there is true cause and we fire him, I don't think there is really that much damage as long as we make a decent hire.

Recruiting is over. He's made zero connections with players for 23.  Hell we just had a Jr day and only 2 of the top 20 in AL came.

Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just waiting for the long ESPN article. Abuse and mistresses, a CBH story. Once that occurs, it is ova 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

I had just graduated. I don’t remember the specifics but I know that there was a boosters daughter involved, with some drunken photos?  Whether  true, or not…..

THAT was a rumor, and I don’t believe it was true.  There was rumors that he was having an affair with Lowder’s daughter and that she was pregnant with his child.  

Pretty sure the fact that he went 1-5 to start the season and he was already on thin ice after the stuff with Wayne Hall etc had just transpired had more to do with it. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

NO decent coach will come here because of literally what's happening now with the boosters. You can't handcuff a coach and expect to hire a decent coach

He was never handcuffed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't get all the blame being put on some "PTB", as though they are behind the curtain pulling strings. Those money people want AU to win too, just like we do. Harsin was given full control of the football program, no strings attached. He's dropped the ball in several areas and instead of putting the blame where it belongs, we need a PTB to blame it on? That's nonsense.

hes had 14 freakin months and an unprecedented time of legally paying players and wide open transfer rules. thats no time at all. 

 

it doesn't really matter what his record would look like 3-4 years down the road, it wouldn't be nearly half as bad as the damage all this is doing to the football program. if i were trying to sabotage the football program, i would have a hard time coming up with a better way to do it than whats happening now. everyone knew harsin was going to have to rebuild. that doesn't happen with out roster shedding and TIME. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Just waiting for the long ESPN article. Abuse and mistresses, a CBH story. Once that occurs, it is ova 

Especially now with Thamel on ESPN payroll.  Licking his chops.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Did we really do that?!?

Yes. This coaching staff is unorganized and dysfunctional.
 

i.e. they thought we were in good shape for Pyburn and Citizen even at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

IMO, I don't see how Harsin comes out of this with a job at Auburn. There's way too much smoke, way too many people reporting the rumor that shall not be named, and now we add in abuse to players and staff. People can call players "soft" all they want but there's a difference between being a hard ass and being an ass. Results on the field matter as well when it comes to how hard you can be but players still want to know they are being treated fairly and with respect and that the coaches care about them.

From what I've seen, a lot of players and staff don't feel that from Harsin. Time to cut our losses before it gets even worse.

lol is this normal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Kam Stutts is still on the team, right?  And he posts a video of his coach blasting "twidiots" on social media being negative.

Situationally that seems like he's supporting Harsin.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong

He's on the team, I think he's laughing at the shirt personally. 

I'm pretty sure he like Lee Hunter post about Harsin and I know he said stuff as far as kobe 's stuff about Harsin

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Kam Stutts is still on the team, right?  And he posts a video of his coach blasting "twidiots" on social media being negative.

Situationally that seems like he's supporting Harsin.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong

It seems he is laughing at the video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Taco said:

Yes. This coaching staff is unorganized and dysfunctional.
 

i.e. they thought we were in good shape for Pyburn and Citizen even at the end.

That's crazy. I'm glad I haven't been following recruiting. That would have my blood pressure up it's so stupid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fasttimes said:

hes had 14 freakin months and an unprecedented time of legally paying players and wide open transfer rules. thats no time at all. 

 

it doesn't really matter what his record would look like 3-4 years down the road, it wouldn't be nearly half as bad as the damage all this is doing to the football program. if i were trying to sabotage the football program, i would have a hard time coming up with a better way to do it than whats happening now. everyone knew harsin was going to have to rebuild. that doesn't happen with out roster shedding and TIME. 

Nah. Done with excuses for CBH. Didn't sign a single soul on NSD. You guys are doing so many mental gymnastics to feel better.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...