Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If the university contacted him and said “hey coach, we received some exit interview complaints that we have to look into a little further, per university policy” and he went straight to ESPN to b*tch and make the university look bad, then he was acting maliciously and should be terminated.

So what should happen to the people that never wanted him there in the first place? Power grab that used Harsin as collateral and he called their bluff. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thank you! Pay the damn man and hire freeze 

Freeze is the hypocritical choice but is probably the only option. Not coincidence in the timing of his comments 

If the university contacted him and said “hey coach, we received some exit interview complaints that we have to look into a little further, per university policy” and he went straight to ESPN to b*tch and make the university look bad, then he was acting maliciously and should be terminated.

But that is not what happened.  He went to ESPN when the rumors about an affair started swirling about and he wanted to stop it ASAP.  You are really grasping for reasons to fire the guy because you want a different coach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ha, if that were possible we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well Bryan Harsin didn't need to call Pete Thamel and cry like a bitch & air all our dirty laundry.

Seems weird that is constantly over looked

I mean…his name was and still is getting destroyed. Can you blame him???

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Freeze is the hypocritical choice but is probably the only option. Not coincidence in the timing of his comments 

Wait what comments ? I am missing so much right now lol

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

What comments. Missed that I guess.

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I mean…his name was and still is getting destroyed. Can you blame him???

Yes people are blaming him for defending his name and it’s asinine 

• Like 2

Just now, Hank2020 said:

What comments. Missed that I guess.

End of last week he was asked if he would be interested in the job “if” it came available. Said yes

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Yes people are blaming him for defending his name and it’s asinine 

Exactly. He didn’t even air any dirty laundry. Just said it’s all bs and let me do my job. Dirty laundry is only getting aired in one direction here…(save certain family members).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

So what should happen to the people that never wanted him there in the first place? Power grab that used Harsin as collateral and he called their bluff. 

Or it never had anything to do with them and the university was simply investigating a matter that had to be investigated.

• Like 1

Or it never had anything to do with them and the university was simply investigating a matter that had to be investigated.

The meddling has been going on 30 plus years. Let’s not kid ourselves 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, provibe said:

Well here we go again! Why speculate to that. Do you have anything at all that would lead anyone to that conclusion 

Sorry, I didn’t realize speculating on a message board was such an unpardonable sin. I’m assuming this means you’ve NEVER speculated on anything before on here? Heck, a majority of this whole thread is nothing but speciation.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, McFU said:

But that is not what happened.  He went to ESPN when the rumors about an affair started swirling about and he wanted to stop it ASAP.  You are really grasping for reasons to fire the guy because you want a different coach.

Lol! I don’t have to grasp for reasons to fire him! He’s failed miserably at his job since he’s been here and seems to have no plan to become more competitive as a recruiter or in NIL. There’s your reason. Most people in this country would be fired after their first year if their employer went over their review and found them to be heading backwards at Mach speed with no plan to fix it. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

8 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

End of last week he was asked if he would be interested in the job “if” it came available. Said yes

🐳 sure!  I’m sure Freeze isn’t looking to spend the rest of his career at Liberty.

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

Nix could’ve been our Campbell, but Harsin ran him off. Hudson could’ve been our Courtney Taylor but Harsin ran him off. And Harsin decided not to recruit any OL. But he knows best…..

Glad you know exactly what happened and why

Guest MustardSeed
17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You think 18 mil is a lot, wait to see what they lose in revenue when he turns us into Arkansas. Right in time for the conference expansion and ABC deal. New era, new conference power alignment.

Except that 18 mil doesn’t come from football profits/cash flow. While in the business world that would be relevant, in this world it’s completely separate funds.  Would you pay 18mil to keep a public university from losing the same amount?  Looking like they wouldn’t either. And considering how much worse this whole process has been solely based on their past record, losing money now might be the least of their problems. What coach in their right mind would come to work under that mess?  

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Sorry, I didn’t realize speculating on a message board was such an unpardonable sin. I’m assuming this means you’ve NEVER speculated on anything before on here? Heck, a majority of this whole thread is nothing but speciation.

🤣🤣🤣 Isn’t that the whole point of this board???? To speculate on a sport that we don’t play on people we don’t know on doing a job none of us have experienced???

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait people are upset at Harsin when both sides are airing each other out ? Lol. 

What has the University said beyond a vague statement that an investigation is on going. Rumors, beat writers looking for clicks, and overly vocal extended family are what's fueled this in the public/social media eye. The University itself doesn't really look all that bad. Harsin doesn't look quite as good because of his SIL and running to EPSN & Thamel. Either way, everyone here is acting like Harsin and the University administration are trading punches in the headlines when that's not true at all.

So Harsin was about to be fired at Arkansas State, and Boise stepped in and  saved them the trouble…

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/few-at-arkansas-state-surprised-bryan-harsin-may-get-fired-at-auburn#gid=ci02997277f000278e&pid=112021-bryan-harsin-south-carolina-jeff-blake

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

🤣🤣🤣 Isn’t that the whole point of this board???? To speculate on a sport that we don’t play on people we don’t know on doing a job none of us have experienced???

Exactly! If he’s going to be the speculation police, he needs to bring plenty of pens because he’s going to be writing out LOTS of citations.

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol! I don’t have to grasp for reasons to fire him! He’s failed miserably at his job since he’s been here and seems to have no plan to become more competitive as a recruiter or in NIL. There’s your reason. Most people in this country would be fired after their first year if their employer went over their review and found them to be heading backwards at Mach speed with no plan to fix it. 

So to be so sure about this considering the NIL has completely changed literally the entire process…how much money did our BOT and the like offer up for incoming players?  It’s funny no one has that answer