Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

29 minutes ago, Builder said:

Has anyone seen or heard how terrible he was at Boise. ? How he ripped athletes and their families and abused the staff?. 

I didn’t think so.

Truth be told, this type of season has been coming for a while now. Boise State is depleted in the trenches on both sides. The defensive line is thin at skill and experience, and the offensive line has been a bugaboo for four or five years now. And don’t even get me started on the linebackers. Outside of the receivers, the defensive secondary, and sometimes the running backs, BSU no longer has the most talent in the Mountain West.

Why? It boils down largely to former head coach Bryan Harsin. Don’t get me wrong, the current coaching staff is to blame for the game day hiccups and lack of attention to details, but the lack of talent at the two most important position groups on a team can be directly traced back to Harsin and his staff.

For years we have heard rumors that he is a jerk and difficult to work for. The revolving door of assistant coaches who have worked for him, the emails obtained through FOIA requests, and the comments from former coaches all confirm this point. The way he treats the media is confirmation enough

When you can’t keep coaches on the staff because you are miserable to work under, you have to keep hiring new coaches. And when word gets out that you’re not a nice person, people don’t want to apply for your job opening. And when the applicant pool is shallow, you end up with guys like Brad Bedell, Winston Venable, and Eric Kiesau on staff.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Whats-Wrong-With-Boise-State-Football-173385302/

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, selias said:

What has the University said beyond a vague statement that an investigation is on going. Rumors, beat writers looking for clicks, and overly vocal extended family are what's fueled this in the public/social media eye. The University itself doesn't really look all that bad. Harsin doesn't look quite as good because of his SIL and running to EPSN & Thamel. Either way, everyone here is acting like Harsin and the University administration are trading punches in the headlines when that's not true at all.

Could be we just aren’t aware yes or no.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Could be we just aren’t aware yes or no.

So, now we're playing with 2nd & 3rd hand information? Surely you remember the game of telephone as a kid.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is actually what's happening.  They are investigating something they were told.

They'll either fire him or they'll come together AD/Pres/Harsin and have a presser clearing him and giving him their full support.  Saying something like they had to investigate and cleared him.

I am beginning to believe this just may be what happens. I also believe that if they would FULLY SUPPORT him that he could do a good job here. But I don’t expect that to ever happen 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So to be so sure about this considering the NIL has completely changed literally the entire process…how much money did our BOT and the like offer up for incoming players?  It’s funny no one has that answer

The evidence points to him being the problem. If he had interest in recruiting he would have not sat around in Auburn for so long after the dead period. And if he was pushing NIL hard, there is absolutely no way the university wouldn’t make it happen. Everyone with a brain can see that weak nil=weak program=less cash in hand for businesses.

34 minutes ago, Builder said:

Has anyone seen or heard how terrible he was at Boise. ? How he ripped athletes and their families and abused the staff?. 

I didn’t think so.

I haven’t seen anything from Boise, but Arkansas State beatwriter just wrote an article about his year there and its not very flattering.

They were about to fire him when Boise hired him and saved them the trouble. 

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/few-at-arkansas-state-surprised-bryan-harsin-may-get-fired-at-auburn#gid=ci02997277f000278e&pid=112021-bryan-harsin-south-carolina-jeff-blake

21 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I mean…his name was and still is getting destroyed. Can you blame him???

Getting destroyed by whom? No one knows anything. 

Hell it could be Mason that narc'd on him to the media and his first instinct is to attack Auburn. 

Some of yall are such simps for the guy you've forgotten Auburn might not be this big evil bad guy

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A lot of people over in Jonesboro have honestly been wondering how it took that long for it to happen.

They had their fill of Harsin at Arkansas State in less than a year and a source said he was there when athletics director Terry Mohajir told him he was out.

"Oh, (Harsin) was going to be fired," the source said. "I was standing right there when Terry told him after he had to go get him for a press conference."

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Truth be told, this type of season has been coming for a while now. Boise State is depleted in the trenches on both sides. The defensive line is thin at skill and experience, and the offensive line has been a bugaboo for four or five years now. And don’t even get me started on the linebackers. Outside of the receivers, the defensive secondary, and sometimes the running backs, BSU no longer has the most talent in the Mountain West.

Why? It boils down largely to former head coach Bryan Harsin. Don’t get me wrong, the current coaching staff is to blame for the game day hiccups and lack of attention to details, but the lack of talent at the two most important position groups on a team can be directly traced back to Harsin and his staff.

For years we have heard rumors that he is a jerk and difficult to work for. The revolving door of assistant coaches who have worked for him, the emails obtained through FOIA requests, and the comments from former coaches all confirm this point. The way he treats the media is confirmation enough

When you can’t keep coaches on the staff because you are miserable to work under, you have to keep hiring new coaches. And when word gets out that you’re not a nice person, people don’t want to apply for your job opening. And when the applicant pool is shallow, you end up with guys like Brad Bedell, Winston Venable, and Eric Kiesau on staff.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Whats-Wrong-With-Boise-State-Football-173385302/

Weird that he has coaches from his past still working for him at a new place. He must have strong armed them 😂. But hey, one guy has an opinion so it must be accurate 🤷‍♂️We could write the exact opposite article a thousand times from people on this board defending the BOTs. Wouldn’t make any of it true

Weird that he has coaches from his past still working for him at a new place. He must have strong armed them 😂. But hey, one guy has an opinion so it must be accurate 🤷‍♂️We could write the exact opposite article a thousand times from people on this board defending the BOTs. Wouldn’t make any of it true

Or maybe he’s the only coach that will hire them.  They aren’t exactly world beaters, and no one is beating down their doors to steal them away. 

Its not just Boise.  Now Arkansas State people are talking about his time there and its not very flattering. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The evidence points to him being the problem. If he had interest in recruiting he would have not sat around in Auburn for so long after the dead period. And if he was pushing NIL hard, there is absolutely no way the university wouldn’t make it happen. Everyone with a brain can see that weak nil=weak program=less cash in hand for businesses.

He’s literally not allowed to push the NIL, so anyone with a brain can see that those conversations had to occur apart from him.  And I’m still waiting on any answer. Who was forking over cash for our players that Harsin could point to?

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

There is this thing called cliques. He probably has one. Weird thing is all of his coaching buddies seem like cool guys. Is he the Cartman of the group?

• Like 1

Double and tripling salaries makes a lot of ppl work for bad ppl

Just now, MustardSeed said:

He’s literally not allowed to push the NIL

Bless your heart if you believe that.

Seriously, we don't follow rules like that 

11 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly! If he’s going to be the speculation police, he needs to bring plenty of pens because he’s going to be writing out LOTS of citations.

Pure speculation, my friend. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

There is this thing called cliques. He probably has one. Weird thing is all of his coaching buddies seem like cool guys. Is he the Cartman of the group?

5584297A-7058-4BC8-B1D2-02F1025CF656.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, McFU said:

But that is not what happened.  He went to ESPN when the rumors about an affair started swirling about and he wanted to stop it ASAP.  You are really grasping for reasons to fire the guy because you want a different coach.

Yes

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Or maybe he’s the only coach that will hire them.  They aren’t exactly world beaters, and no one is beating down their doors to steal them away. 

His top OC candidate was working at a P5 program and was a previous staff member. He just got nixed by our compliance dept.  How many coaches does it require to say there might not be an accurate depiction here?  That’s at least 3 interested in joining him here alone in one year 🤷‍♂️ Facts don’t line up.  And you could literally make the same claim about almost every head coach anywhere. They all have turnover. Gus had a ton of it.  So did Tubbs. It’s the nature of the game

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Getting destroyed by whom? No one knows anything. 

Hell it could be Mason that narc'd on him to the media and his first instinct is to attack Auburn. 

Some of yall are such simps for the guy you've forgotten Auburn might not be this big evil bad guy

I’m no simp for anyone, but use some common sense. “Whom” doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that all this stuff was coming out while he was on vacation. Rumors of affairs, rumors of him being a racist, and rumors of him being hard to work for, etc. And you think he’s “bitching” by telling ESPN it’s all B.S.? Really??? Are you telling me that you would just keep quiet and not try and clear your name at all? But if you need a “whom”, you had former players posting and having lives about how he treated them like dogs and didn’t try to relate to anybody. Then the media and social media ran with it. Of course he’s going to say something! It’s like some of you are such simps for Auburn that you can’t accept that maybe Harsin hasn’t been the evil beast he’s made out to be. Sensible people know that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly, I want him gone at this point. Get someone that knows what they’re doing

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

Frankly at this point we're screwed one way or the other. If we fire him without clear evidence of wrong doing, it's just stupidly throwing money away. Imagine what we could do with $18M in NIL funds. And I'm not sure how we'd be able to hire a decent coach considering how fickle we are with no commitment.

With no clear evidence, let's just ride this baby out and see what happens. Probably not good, but we are so far away from being "good" I don't even give a crap anymore. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

I don't get the "so far away from being "good" part. There are some solid football players on this team. Bad finish to the season. Losing QB 1 didn't help. Some bad bounces and bad play calling , but it could have easily been an 8-9 win season

I think most coaches have their guys.  Tubs had the bbq boys, Gus had his guys which were mainly former players, Bryan has the Boise boyz.  I can’t speak on Dye but Wayne Hall is a name I remember, Terry had Jimbo and his brother I think?  I’d have to get on Wikipedia to look that far back

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m no simp for anyone, but use some common sense. “Whom” doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that all this stuff was coming out while he was on vacation. Rumors of affairs, rumors of him being a racist, and rumors of him being hard to work for, etc. And you think he’s “bitching” by telling ESPN it’s all B.S.? Really??? Are you telling me that you would just keep quiet and not try and clear your name at all? But if you need a “whom”, you had former players posting and having lives about how he treated them like dogs and didn’t try to relate to anybody. Then the media and social media ran with it. Of course he’s going to say something! It’s like some of you are such simps for Auburn that you can’t accept that maybe Harsin hasn’t been the evil beast he’s made out to be. Sensible people know that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly, I want him gone at this point. Get someone that knows what they’re doing

I don’t know why I keep seeing this straw man argument about him being accused of racism. Literally nobody has done that except his white knight saviors that wanna defend him from non-existent charges. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Tell me you don’t have a reasonable response without telling me you don’t have a reasonable response 😂

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I don’t know why I keep seeing this straw man argument about him being accused of racism. Literally nobody has done that except his white knight saviors that wanna defend him from non-existent charges. 

It was definitely floated around in this very thread, and not by “white knights”. Not going to try and find it for you though. This thread is almost 200 pages long,

Edited by Potatooooooes!!