Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m no simp for anyone, but use some common sense. “Whom” doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that all this stuff was coming out while he was on vacation. Rumors of affairs, rumors of him being a racist, and rumors of him being hard to work for, etc. And you think he’s “bitching” by telling ESPN it’s all B.S.? Really??? Are you telling me that you would just keep quiet and not try and clear your name at all? But if you need a “whom”, you had former players posting and having lives about how he treated them like dogs and didn’t try to relate to anybody. Then the media and social media ran with it. Of course he’s going to say something! It’s like some of you are such simps for Auburn that you can’t accept that maybe Harsin hasn’t been the evil beast he’s made out to be. Sensible people know that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly, I want him gone at this point. Get someone that knows what they’re doing

The important parts bolded. The University is not tied to any of that nonsense.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I haven’t seen anything from Boise, but Arkansas State beatwriter just wrote an article about his year there and its not very flattering.

They were about to fire him when Boise hired him and saved them the trouble. 

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/few-at-arkansas-state-surprised-bryan-harsin-may-get-fired-at-auburn#gid=ci02997277f000278e&pid=112021-bryan-harsin-south-carolina-jeff-blake

Yes. I saw that. Didn’t seem to matter to Boise State or AU during vetting. 

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

His top OC candidate was working at a P5 program and was a previous staff member. He just got nixed by our compliance dept.  How many coaches does it require to say there might not be an accurate depiction here?  That’s at least 3 interested in joining him here alone in one year 🤷‍♂️ Facts don’t line up.  And you could literally make the same claim about almost every head coach anywhere. They all have turnover. Gus had a ton of it.  So did Tubbs. It’s the nature of the game

Your example is a guy that just got FIRED from his job at ASU (LOL) for recruiting violations….that NO ONE else was after??? 

😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Builder said:

Yes. I saw that. Didn’t seem to matter to Boise State or AU during vetting. 

Yeah and it seems more like piling on. Bitter cause he left as well. 

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Tell me you don’t have a reasonable response without telling me you don’t have a reasonable response 😂

I’d say that’s a complete reasonable response. He has a group of coaches whom he gets along with and isn’t a complete a** to. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

59 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea but do you remember their little tap dance around the coaching search debacle that had everyone thinking we couldn’t find a coach willing to come to Auburn? I do not trust that they will be forthcoming with the info that everyone is going to want.

Oh no doubt they won’t want to be forthcoming. This is so big now though that folks aren’t simply going to let it slide either way. Hoping anyways.  

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Like him or not I bet Gus is glad he is at UCF and not involved  in our current mess.

UCF’s Gus Malzahn on Auburn, Bryan Harsin situation: ‘I’m just blessed to be here’ - al.com

We’ll Gus was intentional with getting better  at celebrating. 🤣 Looks like that work is paying off for him now

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d say that’s a complete reasonable response. He has a group of coaches whom he gets along with and isn’t a complete a** to. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

So you’re claiming he’s only a jerk to specific people. Interesting. Glad you can prove that “concept” 🙄

Whats become downright freaking hilarious this afternoon is watching all the Harsin haters squirm.  Y’all were all so giddy you thought he was fired after one freaking year and now that it seems that might not happen the all out bashing has ramped up all over again. Ironically it can serve literally zero purpose. Flame away. Bless all your hearts 😂

15 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m no simp for anyone, but use some common sense. “Whom” doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that all this stuff was coming out while he was on vacation. Rumors of affairs, rumors of him being a racist, and rumors of him being hard to work for, etc. And you think he’s “bitching” by telling ESPN it’s all B.S.? Really??? Are you telling me that you would just keep quiet and not try and clear your name at all? But if you need a “whom”, you had former players posting and having lives about how he treated them like dogs and didn’t try to relate to anybody. Then the media and social media ran with it. Of course he’s going to say something! It’s like some of you are such simps for Auburn that you can’t accept that maybe Harsin hasn’t been the evil beast he’s made out to be. Sensible people know that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly, I want him gone at this point. Get someone that knows what they’re doing

So he attacks Auburn when you listed former players and media attacking him.

Seems weird 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So you’re claiming he’s only a jerk to specific people. Interesting. Glad you can prove that “concept” 🙄

Whats become downright freaking hilarious this afternoon is watching all the Harsin haters squirm.  Y’all were all so giddy you thought he was fired after one freaking year and now that it seems that might not happen the all out bashing has ramped up all over again. Ironically it can serve literally zero purpose. Flame away. Bless all your hearts 😂

Thanks 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

SEC Schools

Cool. So the NIL deals were flowing all over then and we didn’t care about rules?  Oddly I haven’t heard of any…yet Texas put together a group set up just for NILs and it had zero to do with a coach. What did our guys do?  Seems they sold out the coach and didn’t play ball. If that’s not the case I’d love to see any proof they were jumping on the NIL train like other schools boosters were. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So he attacks Auburn when you listed former players and media attacking him.

Seems weird 

The worst thing he said was, “This place is not going to be a championship program until we change some things. You've got to let the head coach be the head coach and support him."

I don’t consider that attacking at all. Especially not compared to everything that has been said about him, whether by the University or not. He even went out of his way to compliment Auburn in the same interview. I just think it’s weird to act like he did something wrong by defending himself at all, much less in the reasonably professional way he did. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

What’s hilarious is watching you basically admit to everyone that you don’t think that coaches have cliques. Also pretty funny is that you Harsin lovers are on this guy’s d**k after watching your schools football team blow 5 games in a row, have a historically bad national signing day, and an exodus of 20 players leave, including a 3 year starter legacy QB. You also have proof that the guy has been neglecting his recruiting duties and getting his a** completely out worked by his SEC foes. Yet you support him so much. Why? Because he’s an “alpha” coach as y’all like to put it. Alpha coaches don’t sit back and let Josh Heupel and Eliah Drinkwitz out recruit them and poach their players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Internet is the worst (I know, Captain Obvious). This is the level of misinformation floating around out there. I just saw a story purportedly about Kes Harsin's response to the rumors of the alleged affair, and it consisted of a few pictures of Harsin's assistant and a screenshot of a faked social media post that was an unattributed, plagiarized quote about rumors by a Lebanese businessman and attributed ostensibly to Kes Harsin. SMDH

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Truth be told, this type of season has been coming for a while now. Boise State is depleted in the trenches on both sides. The defensive line is thin at skill and experience, and the offensive line has been a bugaboo for four or five years now. And don’t even get me started on the linebackers. Outside of the receivers, the defensive secondary, and sometimes the running backs, BSU no longer has the most talent in the Mountain West.

Why? It boils down largely to former head coach Bryan Harsin. Don’t get me wrong, the current coaching staff is to blame for the game day hiccups and lack of attention to details, but the lack of talent at the two most important position groups on a team can be directly traced back to Harsin and his staff.

For years we have heard rumors that he is a jerk and difficult to work for. The revolving door of assistant coaches who have worked for him, the emails obtained through FOIA requests, and the comments from former coaches all confirm this point. The way he treats the media is confirmation enough

When you can’t keep coaches on the staff because you are miserable to work under, you have to keep hiring new coaches. And when word gets out that you’re not a nice person, people don’t want to apply for your job opening. And when the applicant pool is shallow, you end up with guys like Brad Bedell, Winston Venable, and Eric Kiesau on staff.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Whats-Wrong-With-Boise-State-Football-173385302/

Article isn’t too flattering. But follow up comments disagree. Harsin might be an ass and difficult to work with. But he was hired by AU and needs to be allowed to run his system here. Or just say we messed up, here is $18 m to go away. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What’s hilarious is watching you basically admit to everyone that you don’t think that coaches have cliques. Also pretty funny is that you Harsin lovers are on this guy’s d**k after watching your schools football team blow 5 games in a row, have a historically bad national signing day, and an exodus of 20 players leave, including a 3 year starter legacy QB. You also have proof that the guy has been neglecting his recruiting duties and getting his a** completely out worked by his SEC foes. Yet you support him so much. Why? Because he’s an “alpha” coach as y’all like to put it. Alpha coaches don’t sit back and let Josh Heupel and Eliah Drinkwitz out recruit them and poach their players. 

😂. Right. 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Builder said:

Article isn’t too flattering. But follow up comments disagree. Harsin might be an ass and difficult to work with. But he was hired by AU and needs to be allowed to run his system here. Or just say we messed up, here is $18 m to go away. 

Which, at this point, it looks like we messed up.

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

😂. Right. 😂😂

Ok, let’s just put everything on the back burner. If Harsin is as great to work for as you seem to be convinced of, what happened to Derrick Mason. Just answer that one question for me. I’ll wait.