Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Guest MustardSeed

I personally could care less if AU ever wins another game at this point. The extreme level of low class exemplified by a large portion of the Auburn “family”, the best writers and the PTB makes this appropriate for Harsin at the moment.  And he may be the worst coach we’ve had in 20 years, but it’s still accurate.  It’s time to drain this swamp.  Y’all have fun.  I’m out for a few days if not much longer 😂

C1F9769C-82A4-4C35-B4A4-CBA599321C34.jpeg

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok, let’s just put everything on the back burner. If Harsin is as great to work for as you seem to be convinced of, what happened to Derrick Mason. Just answer that one question for me. I’ll wait.

I don’t understand the love affair with Mason? What makes him a genius? Wasn’t he the one who didn’t adjust during the second half of several games and we lost. I think I read somewhere BOBO was complimentary of Harsin?

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok, let’s just put everything on the back burner. If Harsin is as great to work for as you seem to be convinced of, what happened to Derrick Mason. Just answer that one question for me. I’ll wait.

It seemed obvious he was losing control of the defense as Schmedding was getting more and more involved at game planning and play calling.  Is that why he left?  Nobody knows. Not even you. And I don’t think Harsin is that great or even great to work for, but I’ll stand up for someone being viscously attacked based on extremely limited info. ✌️

19 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Cool. So the NIL deals were flowing all over then and we didn’t care about rules?  Oddly I haven’t heard of any…yet Texas put together a group set up just for NILs and it had zero to do with a coach. What did our guys do?  Seems they sold out the coach and didn’t play ball. If that’s not the case I’d love to see any proof they were jumping on the NIL train like other schools boosters were. 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It seemed obvious he was losing control of the defense as Schmedding was getting more and more involved at game planning and play calling.  Is that why he left?  Nobody knows. Not even you. And I don’t think Harsin is that great or even great to work for, but I’ll stand up for someone being viscously attacked based on extremely limited info. ✌️

Do we even know Schmedding was getting more involved at the expense of Mason?

18 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

The worst thing he said was, “This place is not going to be a championship program until we change some things. You've got to let the head coach be the head coach and support him."

I don’t consider that attacking at all. Especially not compared to everything that has been said about him, whether by the University or not. He even went out of his way to compliment Auburn in the same interview. I just think it’s weird to act like he did something wrong by defending himself at all, much less in the reasonably professional way he did. 

He also called out the AD/Pres and demanded going to the BOT to get 

Just now, Builder said:

I don’t understand the love affair with Mason? What makes him a genius? Wasn’t he the one who didn’t adjust during the second half of several games and we lost. I think I read somewhere BOBO was complimentary of Harsin?

Mason is an extremely well respected coach. And he was absolutely not responsible for our losses, sans Miss St.  The offense went stagnant or was stagnant in just about every single loss we had. He’s also a great recruiter, which we seem to be lacking. 

For him to walk away from $400k to take a lateral position at a smaller program tells me that Harsin was the problem. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What’s hilarious is watching you basically admit to everyone that you don’t think that coaches have cliques. Also pretty funny is that you Harsin lovers are on this guy’s d**k after watching your schools football team blow 5 games in a row, have a historically bad national signing day, and an exodus of 20 players leave, including a 3 year starter legacy QB. You also have proof that the guy has been neglecting his recruiting duties and getting his a** completely out worked by his SEC foes. Yet you support him so much. Why? Because he’s an “alpha” coach as y’all like to put it. Alpha coaches don’t sit back and let Josh Heupel and Eliah Drinkwitz out recruit them and poach their players. 

I'd recommend taking a couple of Valium before you blow a gasket....

Youll Be Fine GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Nobody is attacking him, except for Twitter people. Hell I haven’t even attacked him, other than on the merits of his work. Calling him an a**hole isn’t an a fire worthy attack. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He also called out the AD/Pres and demanded going to the BOT to get 

Is that something I can look up and read or was it just insider reporting in this thread? I assume you’re either talking about NIL or numbers for Oc hire

I've seen alot of people on here talking about Derek Mason leaving for Oklahoma State and taking the same position as he had at Auburn but for $400,000 less. One thing you all should remember is that Derek Mason is STILL getting paid his buyout by Vanderbilt. So him leaving isn't hurting his wallet near as much as what people think. 

Lots of things going on here, but Saban has run off a bunch of coordinators. I don’t think the standard needs to be that the coordinators love the head guy. 

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Builder said:

The ones that are so in love with him now are the same ones who wanted him fired after those games 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Truth be told, this type of season has been coming for a while now. Boise State is depleted in the trenches on both sides. The defensive line is thin at skill and experience, and the offensive line has been a bugaboo for four or five years now. And don’t even get me started on the linebackers. Outside of the receivers, the defensive secondary, and sometimes the running backs, BSU no longer has the most talent in the Mountain West.

Why? It boils down largely to former head coach Bryan Harsin. Don’t get me wrong, the current coaching staff is to blame for the game day hiccups and lack of attention to details, but the lack of talent at the two most important position groups on a team can be directly traced back to Harsin and his staff.

For years we have heard rumors that he is a jerk and difficult to work for. The revolving door of assistant coaches who have worked for him, the emails obtained through FOIA requests, and the comments from former coaches all confirm this point. The way he treats the media is confirmation enough

When you can’t keep coaches on the staff because you are miserable to work under, you have to keep hiring new coaches. And when word gets out that you’re not a nice person, people don’t want to apply for your job opening. And when the applicant pool is shallow, you end up with guys like Brad Bedell, Winston Venable, and Eric Kiesau on staff.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Whats-Wrong-With-Boise-State-Football-173385302/

So, how many years before the buyout gets low enough? 🤢 

1 minute ago, provibe said:

The ones that are so in love with him now are the same ones who wanted him fired after those games 

Seems to be an exaggeration of Masons departure to aid in the exaggeration of mean boss Harsin 

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Can't wait to see who, if anybody, shows up at the SEC coaches meeting tomorrow.

Guess if Harsin is still the coach in the morning he will go. Doubt it would mean anything at this point.

Saban, as Harsin enters the SEC Coaches Meeting ...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There is this thing called cliques. He probably has one. Weird thing is all of his coaching buddies seem like cool guys. Is he the Cartman of the group?

What difference does it make what BSU or ASU have to say. He’s our coach until he isn’t. Do you actually intend on continuing to swim against him if they don’t fire him. Just is odd to me. If they do (fire him) we will move on to whoever we have next. I guess some will support him and some will push against him also.

Edited by Hank2020

7 minutes ago, provibe said:

That’s complete bullsh*t we had guys on here defending Mason when the rest of the board was pissed off because his defense gave up tons of yards. We are the same ones defending him now. Mason was the best coach on the staff, and Harsin owes what few big names he landed in his recruiting class to him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Can't wait to see who, if anybody, shows up at the SEC coaches meeting tomorrow.

I was talking to my brother today and he said the same thing.