Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What did fence does it make what BSU or ASU have to say. He’s our coach until he isn’t. Do you actually intend on continuing to swim against him they don’t fire him. Just is odd to me.

how-drunk-are-you-right-now-how-drunk-are-you.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What difference does it make what BSU or ASU have to say. He’s our coach until he isn’t. Do you actually intend on continuing to swim against him if they don’t fire him. Just is odd to me. If they do (fire him) we will move on to whoever we have next. I guess some will support him and some will push against him also.

I’ll watch as we 3* ourselves into 7th in the west, just like you will, because we love Auburn. And if he miraculously goes out and pulls the 2023 class up to a top 10 national class, while also filling his Oline and WR needs this year, I’ll apologize and eat crow. You think he will do that? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ll watch as we 3* ourselves into 7th in the west, just like you will, because we love Auburn. And if he miraculously goes out and pulls the 2023 class up to a top 10 national class, while also filling his Oline and WR needs this year, I’ll apologize and eat crow. You think he will do that? 

But he won't because he can't recruit, ala look at Bosie and how it's affecting them. But they don't wanna talk about that. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

By the time we can finally afford to fire  him (2024?) our roster…oh god, our roster…

I just don’t understand how/why our boosters are so uniquely bad.

Edited by AUwent
  • Sad 1

Just now, AUCE05 said:

Someone had to sign off on hiring him.  Did they not do any due diligence?  Boosters do not have that authority 

It was AG hince one of many reasons why is his ummm "leaving" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Someone had to sign off on hiring him.  Did they not do any due diligence?  Boosters do not have that authority 

AG and the General I believe decided on him. With Riggins in support and Gogue obviously signing off. Pretty sure the BoT has to vote to approve it after Gogue does obviously 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

By the time we can finally afford to fire  him (2024?) our roster…oh god, our roster…

I just don’t understand how/why our boosters are so uniquely bad.

I expect it from our boosters and AD. It’s the Auburn way. What gets me is the people who insist that he’s still the right fit. Last year this time, I could understand. But we’ve seen what he is,  now. And it’s not a recipe for anything other than disaster.

7 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

You do know some of our boosters are on the BOT, right? Mr. Yellafella says "Hello".

1 minute ago, au302 said:

AG and the General I believe decided on him. With Riggins in support and Gogue obviously signing off. Pretty sure the BoT has to vote to approve it after Gogue does obviously 

That makes a lot more sense. Convenient to blame an unpopular AD. May have been his choice but others had to approve.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I expect it from our boosters and AD. It’s the Auburn way. What gets me is the people who insist that he’s still the right fit. Last year this time, I could understand. But we’ve seen what he is,  now. And it’s not a recipe for anything other than disaster.

But WHY are our boosters so uniquely bad?

Misc. thoughts:

-I'm just going to assume he's here for three more years...by then the buyout will be below $10M. Almost all our coaching changes seem to be made after leap years (5 out of last 6), so it fits...

-Does anyone wish they could go back and add one more second to 2016 LSU? We would've probably been justified in parting with CGM and avoided that massive buyout. The butterfly effect from that game has proven to be massive.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

I understand the instinct to look at the trends and be decisive.  Pull the trigger. But wow. The consequences,  ridicule, and fan division - combined with freeze or Steele or God knows whoever epic hot mess coach that’s available.. They’re leftovers for a reason.

Doing something this fast, this way  doesn’t feel decisive, it feels wrong, frantic and desperate.  Much the less the cost. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay guy. This is not good for either party. You are head is in the sand or just being a homer if you think that . 

Good? No.

My point is everyone is tilting at windmills when the University has been publicly vague and Harsin has been mildly defensive. I'll cut Harsin a little slack for being defensive regarding the social media rumors but, again that can't be tied to the University in any way.

The vast majority of this whole thing has been driven by beat writers looking for clicks and football fans grasping & attempting to interpret every little thing someone may say on social media.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, selias said:

Good? No.

My point is everyone is tilting at windmills when the University has been publicly vague and Harsin has been mildly defensive. I'll cut Harsin a little slack for being defensive regarding the social media rumors but, again that can't be tied to the University in any way.

The vast majority of this whole thing has been driven by beat writers looking for clicks and football fans grasping & attempting to interpret every little thing someone may say on social media.

Yes that’s what perception would do to you ? Do you think CBP is inherently evil? Probably not but that doesn’t mean because the perception of the nation is he is a cheater and of course Auburn would accept him. Perception is a real thing. To deny is just denying reality. I see no way Auburn looks good out of this situation and/or less worst than CBH especially if there is no cause to fire him and honestly who gives a damn if we end up with a better hire. 

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes that’s what perception would do to you ? Do you think CBP is inherently evil? Probably not but that doesn’t mean because the perception of the nation is he is a cheater and of course Auburn would accept him. Perception is a real thing. To deny is just denying reality. I see no way Auburn looks good out of this situation and/or less worst than CBH especially if there is no cause to fire him and honestly who gives a damn if we end up with a better hire. 

I've seen 1 single article on this whole thing on ESPN (and I had to kinda dig), co-byline including Thamel. Thamel is a journalist in name only, he just throws a bunch of feces at a wall and hopes something sticks. This hasn't even been thrown in as a sidebar on my local sports news. So no, there's really not much awareness beyond the social media idiots. Should Auburn & Harsin part ways (IMO, they should), there may be a few stories published for clicks dependent entirely on how the press releases are done.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

At that time, not the General. 

20 minutes ago, selias said:

I've seen 1 single article on this whole thing on ESPN (and I had to kinda dig), co-byline including Thamel. Thamel is a journalist in name only, he just throws a bunch of feces at a wall and hopes something sticks. This hasn't even been thrown in as a sidebar on my local sports news. So no, there's really not much awareness beyond the social media idiots. Should Auburn & Harsin part ways (IMO, they should), there may be a few stories published for clicks dependent entirely on how the press releases are done.

image.gif

Edited by DAG

What this thread has shown me is there are definitely people I would never want to have a beer with, Auburn fans or not lol. Hopefully this gets resolved by the end of the week with freeze as our coach. Ready to get excited about football. All this drama is like a day time tv soap opera. And hopefully with that hiring , it will end this moniker of a goody two shoe family aura. You got to be a shark to beat the sharks. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

At that time, not the General. 

The General came in after. It wasn’t even Yellafella believe it or not because they used consulting firm. I believe this consulting firm has ties with Elizabeth Huntley who’s on the BoT.

Fun fact, her firm is also our departments counsel.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

What this thread has shown me is there are definitely people I would never want to have a beer with, Auburn fans or not lol. Hopefully this gets resolved by the end of the week with freeze as our coach. Ready to get excited about football. All this drama is like a day time tv soap opera. And hopefully with that hiring , it will end this moniker of a goody two shoe family aura. You got to be a shark to beat the sharks. 

I'll have a beer with you Dag. 

tenor.gif

Just now, autiger88 said:

I'll have a beer with you Dag. 

tenor.gif

Are you finally going to get on the high freeze train though ? Lol 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Are you finally going to get on the high freeze train though ? Lol 

That would be a no go sir but we can talk about other options for coaches, I'm sure we could come to agreement on atleast one 🤣 

• Haha 1