Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

They could fire him for any reason they want. I guess anything could be a fireable offense.
Just have to pay his buyout 

Not for cause though, which is the whole issue

Just now, abw0004 said:

That makes sense.  It was just a thought that popped up in my head this morning and only have had time now to make a post about it.

I get it  I've had so many thoughts and get halfway through typing them and end up deleting them because what I think won't make a difference anyway. This is no way to hire a quality coach in the future but I think wish we could get away with just offering one year contracts. I know no one worth his salt would take that deal but with the portal being what it is now, the players are on a one year deal, now more than ever. The multi year deals come back to bite us in the butt every time in football. It's bad when you can't fire a person because they just flat out suck at so many areas of their job. 

• Like 2

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Did AU send him or did he just go and AU didn't stop him. Who said he had been fired yet?

giphy.gif

Just now, McLoofus said:

Holy s*** he CAN hear you!!!!!

Joe Rogan GIFs | Tenor

image.jpeg

I had to reread his username three times before it clicked that it was actually him, lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Did AU send him or did he just go and AU didn't stop him. Who said he had been fired yet?

Maybe they did already fire him and he went anyway. 

If so, he's my hero.

• Haha 2

I agree with the sentiment that him being at the meetings today doesn't mean he's staying, but I do think it shows that they don't have enough... at least yet. If there was a smoking gun, they'd find a way to get out of him going. Either put him on leave, say he's meeting with investigators, etc. 

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

image.gif.f2f811d7fdacd1a809ae91876cb9584c.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I had to reread his username three times before it clicked that it was actually him, lol.

Same, hahaha

The Stone Cold Steve Austin intro is on repeat in my head right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

did he just go and AU didn't stop him.

I'm not trying to pile on you because you seem to be catching a lot of flack over your premature announcement, but surely you don't believe that right?

I don't think him going to the meeting today means anything and y'all are reading too much into it. He probably just showed up because its expected of him... he doesn't show and thats something Auburn can use to fire him for cause. Its not like they are breaking major ground at these meetings.

Now if it were a meeting about conference realignment when OU and Texas join, then you might have something. 

Marcello said last night that money is not an issue and they will pay him, just a question of how much. I'm convinced he won't be leading the team on the field this fall until I see it with my own eyes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

Did some one hack your account or is this really you breaking your silence after 5+ years?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I agree with the sentiment that him being at the meetings today doesn't mean he's staying, but I do think it shows that they don't have enough... at least yet. If there was a smoking gun, they'd find a way to get out of him going. Either put him on leave, say he's meeting with investigators, etc. 

I've said it several times but they have reasons that they do not want him on the job any longer because of things he's done (or not done), but they aren't things that are going to lose him a buyout. 

Just rip the bandaid off and pay him. It'll cost way more than $18m long term if we keep him because of lost revenue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Same, hahaha

The Stone Cold Steve Austin intro is on repeat in my head right now. 

When he showed up and beat up the whole WCW and ECW. Such a classic moment. He was just giving everyone the stunner haha

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

The kicker for me is I know he has posted before because he has twice as many comments posted as I do (11K+).  I just have no earthly idea where I have been missing them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The man is Auburns coach today. May not be tomorrow or next October but he is today. Worst thing Auburn could do is tell the man he can not do his job.

21 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Not necessarily you but a portion of our fan base. You have to admit that some posters could care less about facts at all. They just want him gone and will use any conjecture to try and sway the masses.

It’s just not the masses that make that decision. That’s a President/BoT decision.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hahaha. Dude is such a jackwagon that he just forced an internet monk to break a years-long vow of silence. 

The guy that put him out just pulled him back in.

What Is Happening GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3