Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Auburn hires a law firm where one of our BOT members is a partner. That law firm is, realistically, hired to find a way to fire Harsin with cause. The BOT then enacts a new policy relating to Auburn employees that will give them cause to fire Harsin without a buyout. 

Corruption at its finest, stupidity in less-than-rare display.

A lot of us know it's bs. You're a relative of his right? I'll get roasted, but glad he's not bowing down. Hope he fights for the job and his money. Sure seems like he is. Win/win. He either gets paid to go home or wins a power struggle 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

A lot of us know it's bs. You're a relative of his right? I'll get roasted, but glad he's not bowing down. Hope he fights for the job and his money. Sure seems like he is. Win/win. He either gets paid to go home or wins a power struggle 

Exactly what has this guy done to earn such loyalty from you? Why is it him that you want to "win"? Honest questions. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Exactly what has this guy to earn such loyalty from you? Why is it him that you want to "win"? Honest questions. 

Because he's the coach at Auburn and I don't want to see us paying 40+ mil in buyouts in back to back years? Plus there is zero evidence that there's anything for cause. I've been on the record saying that if he truly did something horrendous I hope he's out. But if they had him for that why is he still employed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Auburn hires a law firm where one of our BOT members is a partner. That law firm is, realistically, hired to find a way to fire Harsin with cause. The BOT then enacts a new policy relating to Auburn employees that will give them cause to fire Harsin without a buyout. 

The clause is part of Harsin's contract. This is also just an update to an already establish policy Auburn had. 

12 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Actually. Harsins contract already has the requirement to participate in investigations in place. The updated policy released this week appears to be directed toward other employees of university. 

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Because he's the coach at Auburn and I don't want to see us paying 40+ mil in buyouts in back to back years? Plus there is zero evidence that there's anything for cause. I've been on the record saying that if he truly did something horrendous I hope he's out. But if they had him for that why is he still employed?

Thanks for the response. 

Personally, I'm hoping that Auburn can get a better coach that will actually help us win games, and do it without having to pay him money he didn't earn. Whether or not Harsin did anything that explicitly violates the terms of his contract, he's negligent in his duties to build a winning football program.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So if at the end of the investigation, we find something, Aburn can fire Harsin. If we don't, then Auburn has made it impossible for him to recruit and do his job, but he can keep his job. Reminds me of this classic:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

So if at the end of the investigation, we find something, Aburn can fire Harsin. If we don't, then Auburn has made it impossible for him to recruit and do his job, but he can keep his job. Reminds me of this classic:

Correct, we are F.U.B.A.R.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, it wasn't stated what the offers are for. 

I know a lot of restaurants in my area are offering great perks to new hires. 

High School OC.

2 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Did he do a full circle to get a better view of the stadium in which he coached his last game for Auburn?

No, but it’s only comment was: “Dead Man Walking” 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Imagine no-commenting reporters while walking to--and then around--the wrong vehicle. Brutal.

• Haha 1

How much stock do we put in following the planes? If we’re going to go cheap (understandable), PLEASE go after Dell or Dameyune! Somebody who could at least cause excitement with recruits and not a proven loser.

2 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

Walking to the wrong vehicle you say?

Well, at least he is consistent. I mean he walks to the wrong vehicle, the way he recruits and hires coaches.

Edited by AU-24

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Auburn has made it impossible for him to recruit and do his job

No, no, nope, wrong, nope nope nope.

Auburn gave him everything he needed to recruit and do his job. He just didn't do it. That was the case well before all this started and that is the real reason we're here now. This guy was offered every bit of assistance he could ever want and he told everyone who offered to kick rocks.

Everyone really needs to keep this in mind. We are only here because Harsin has our program going in the wrong direction and fast. 

If anyone's unsure on the timeline, this started the night of NSD, when we signed exactly 0 new scholarship players and actually lost an emerging player at a position of need to the portal. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Did he do a full circle to get a better view of the stadium in which he coached his last game for Auburn?

Ran the wrong route.

• Haha 3

Just now, AU-24 said:

Well, at least he is consistent. I mean he walks to the wrong vehicle, the way he recruits and hires coaches.

lulz was thinking the same thing... like man wtf how this guy a head coach and don't even know what car to get to get in. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

Holy crap, I think this is the first post I have ever seen you make.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1