TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Just checking in to see what we’re arguing about today 

I can’t stand you .. not really 

just trying to start something.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

And how do you know that for certain? 

Is he still employed by Auburn? So then I guess he isn’t fired. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, HarsinVOL said:

Auburn hires a law firm where one of our BOT members is a partner. That law firm is, realistically, hired to find a way to fire Harsin with cause. The BOT then enacts a new policy relating to Auburn employees that will give them cause to fire Harsin without a buyout. 

Corruption at its finest, stupidity in less-than-rare display.

Except that policy wasn’t just created….and that clause is also in his contract he signed last year which numerous people have pointed out yet here you are, same garbage.  I can post the link to his contract if you would like to read it for yourself.  

And no one is clamoring at Harsin’s door….hell even Boise wouldn’t hire him back, they were glad to see him go to Auburn and upgraded in Avalos.  

Lightfoot has always represented Auburn in these matters….it also represents Bama too.  Why do they hire them?  Oh I don’t no maybe it has something to do with their specialty in college athletics and NCAA compliance 🤦‍♀️

Is your name Dale from Boise? 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I posted elsewhere that "but he's such a nice guy" has turned into "but he's such a tough guy". 

You don't see many people actually sticking up for this guy's coaching at this point just like you didn't see many people actually sticking up for Gus's coaching towards the end.

Amen.  I am in sales.  It’s a small life, not on par for a comparison with SEC football, but nonetheless.   I live in, and subscribe fully to, personal accountability and a results-based decision making process.  You know, the business/real world mentality. With time allotted for the task at hand. I don’t fire any salesperson too soon, etc.  But a salesperson who is not selling, combined with an overwhelming amount of feedback (from customers AND internally) that they are completely unlikable?   I like to think I catch these folks during interviews but that’s simply not the reality. Sometimes they sneak thru the interview process and we have to look at the numbers and feedback.  Luckily that is SUPER EASY TO DO.  “Bryan, I don’t think this is a good fit.  We are going to have to part ways. Good luck.”   And I wouldn’t look back.  I’d have fired Mason within 15 minutes after 42 unanswered/against state!!/ in our house. That’s just me. I would, however, do it quickly.    Next!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We had plenty of time to hire without a 12 months later “we’re surprised” (different than disappointed). The vetting process is supposed to analyze the past - way past wins and losses. The interview should dig deeply into now, the fit, the plan, and how they would execute it - with some detail. Recruiting strategy would have to be a major major part of this.

So what the heck. When you pay over $20m to get rid of a coach who had had moments of success and wasn’t completely imploding, you’d think we would be kinda thorough. Few surprises.confident of a trade up.

This feels much more like a hire and pray approach.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Amen.  I am in sales.  It’s a small life, not on par for a comparison with SEC football, but nonetheless.   I live in, and subscribe fully to, personal accountability and a results-based decision making process.  You know, the business/real world mentality. With time allotted for the task at hand. I don’t fire any salesperson too soon, etc.  But a salesperson who is not selling, combined with an overwhelming amount of feedback (from customers AND internally) that they are completely unlikable?   I like to think I catch these folks during interviews but that’s simply not the reality. Sometimes they sneak thru the interview process and we have to look at the numbers and feedback.  Luckily that is SUPER EASY TO DO.  “Bryan, I don’t think this is a good fit.  We are going to have to part ways. Good luck.”   And I wouldn’t look back.  I’d have fired Mason within 15 minutes after 42 unanswered/against state!!/ in our house. That’s just me. I would, however, do it quickly.    Next!

They obviously can do that but have to pay him. There is no minimum sales clause in his contract.

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We are only here because Harsin has our program going in the wrong direction and fast. 

29 minutes ago, CR said:

Out of likes but this x 100.

I stated that exact point WEEKS ago…LONG before these allegations…and was hung from the oaks by many here. Pretty sure the buffoon who you quoted donated the rope. After someone yanked his head from his ass, NOW he sees the direction Harsin had us going??? Freaking please.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Except that policy wasn’t just created….and that clause is also in his contract he signed last year which numerous people have pointed out yet here you are, same garbage.  I can post the link to his contract if you would like to read it for yourself.  

And no one is clamoring at Harsin’s door….hell even Boise wouldn’t hire him back, they were glad to see him go to Auburn and upgraded in Avalos.  

Lightfoot has always represented Auburn in these matters….it also represents Bama too.  Why do they hire them?  Oh I don’t no maybe it has something to do with their specialty in college athletics and NCAA compliance 🤦‍♀️

Is your name Dale from Boise? 

In his very first post on this forum back when Harsin was hired they said they are a "relative of Harsin" 

Oh I wish that corn Williams thread wasn't locked so I could quote many of my posts that I made in that thread.....

And if I could quote many of the replies. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Why wait? Eat crow now. 

Uh huh. I'd guess one of these "offers" is to be a coordinator for Gulf Shores since they have a penchant for hiring former college coaches. But, they recruit even at the high school level, so I don't think it would be a great fit.

Executive contracts are different. If you want a coach, you have to guarantee they'll get rich as long as they don't do something illegal or morally embarrassing. "With cause" is pretty narrow.

Executives aren't treated like the rest of us. (Not that I like that. I don't. It's just reality.)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I feel like for 80% of the people supporting him it’s the vaccine issue and/or the acting like a tough guy all the time. 

Yes he hid like a coward from the media today.

Such tuff

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Ardently disagree. Jokes of all kind can be funny. Whether dark, disagreeable, stereotypes, etc. Nothing is off limits in comedy. Hell many of the biggest comics today come from the domain of sexist, racist, bad taste humor. 

Both sides of this argument are wrong. Incredible!

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Upgrade in Avalos? Avalos went 7-5 after Harsin went 12-2 in 19 and 5-2 in 20. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peashooter said:

Upgrade in Avalos? Avalos went 7-5 after Harsin went 12-2 in 19 and 5-2 in 20. 

Listen to what their reporters are saying in regards to Avalos.  

Harsin did not leave them in great shape with that roster. 

Avalos also has improved relationships with the local press and doesn’t have the issue getting people who want to work with him like Harsin did. 

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

I stated that exact point WEEKS ago…LONG before these allegations…and was hung from the oaks by many here. Pretty sure the buffoon who you quoted donated the rope. After someone yanked his head from his ass, NOW he sees the direction Harsin had us going??? Freaking please.

I can assure you that I wasnt one of those people. Ive caught plenty of comments for my concerns about Harsin too.

With a new competent coach it will be a slow rebuild. With Harsin it will be a no rebuild. Does anyone actually have a shred of faith with what we're learning about his recruiting philosophy and his team management that he could ever build something here?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes he hid like a coward from the media today.

Such tuff

I thought he was an “Alpha”?

• Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

No one is clamoring...lol...you speak of the nothing you don't know about.

Then let him go somewhere else…honestly he’d be better off in the NFL where it doesn’t matter that you are a complete a**hole and everyone around you cannot stand to work with you. 

He’s not into relationships that is obvious, NFL seems like the perfect fit. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

In his very first post on this forum back when Harsin was hired they said they are a "relative of Harsin" 

Which makes sense, and my first guess would be the mouthy sister in law because that’s about her bush league level it seems, but I’m pretty sure she would have already lost her $hit on everyone here. 

• Facepalm 1