Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

To the PTB:  We are way past the optics. Do whatever it is you are going to do. Your procrastination is doing no one any favors. You are only damaging AU's reputation and standing within the academic and athletic community. wde 

15 minutes ago, e808 said:

Um he is getting millions to do those type of thing. I don’t get the coaching up lesser talent thing. In all sports u need talent to win. I can’t recall a team winning without any talent.

For example Alabama beat a well coached Cincinnati team by playing pretty vanilla and this wasn’t close to years past.

Everyone keeps saying that he wants to win with less talent. I don’t think that’s true at all. Another one of those things that everyone keeps repeating until people start believing it!

8 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

It was in this very thread

Doesn’t make it so! Have you not seen how much crap is just made up on here!

1 minute ago, provibe said:

Everyone keeps saying that he wants to win with less talent. I don’t think that’s true at all. Another one of those things that everyone keeps repeating until people start believing it!

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

No memory, but I'm happy to take the credit!

Oh man, I'm sorry... I had to go look.  It was actually@AUx 's quote.  Sorry guys!!

10 minutes ago, AU North said:

To the PTB:  We are way past the optics. Do whatever it is you are going to do. Your procrastination is doing no one any favors. You are only damaging AU's reputation and standing within the academic and athletic community. wde 

Wonder if any of them are on the forum

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I feel very strongly that what is happening to Bryan Harsin is shameful

What is Auburn having an investigation “shameful”? Agree some things posted on social media are shameful.

9 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Not close, no dice.

I actually remember you from when he was first announced talk about his in-laws family being Mormon and stuff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, provibe said:

I guess what I’m trying to figure out is, if almost everyone on this forum knows exactly everything that went on and why and all of that, then why is he still here?

Really? You haven't had that answered for you? Besides, you've got 18 million reason$ to choose from.

If the power brokers have nothing to show from their investigation, they should accept that and move on. A move in one direction or the other needs to be made for there to be any near future positivity in the football program. Regardless of anyone’s side of the fence, some conclusion for everyone’s sake needs to be made. For the sake of “Auburn” and CBH, make a decision and be ready to live with the consequences. I personally believe right now the only way forward without regressing several years, is to shake hands and makeup or AU will lose its current “core” of a team to rebuild on. JMHO

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What is Auburn having an investigation “shameful”? Agree some things posted on social media are shameful.

Where did I say that Auburn having an investigation was shameful?

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

I personally believe right now the only way forward without regressing several years, is to shake hands and makeup or AU will lose its current “core” of a team to rebuild on. JMHO

Harsin's approach will have us at the bottom of the conference until he's finally fired in three to five years or whenever the buyout's acceptable. It may save us money, but it will be worse for us football-wise. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin's approach will have us at the bottom of the conference until he's finally fired in three to five years or whenever the buyout's acceptable. It may save us money, but it will be worse for us football-wise. 

His buyout only goes down like 3 mil next year and if you keep him 3 years he will set the program back 5+years. If you have any inclination that you’ll let him go next year, you might as well do it now. 3 mil isn’t worth saving in the grand scheme of things. Jmo 

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Like Dabo would put his little toe in this sh+t show pond? No. Not just no. But NOOOO.....

I mean it seems odd to me too, but who else would we be talking to in Clemson?

28 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Oh man, I'm sorry... I had to go look.  It was actually@AUx 's quote.  Sorry guys!!

Uh. I just looked back for what you're referencing and I'm confused.

Just now, ScotsAU said:

I mean it seems odd to me too, but who else would we be talking to in Clemson?

My son is married to a Clemson grad, from a Clemson family. He would put up with our PTB and fan base for.......nah. Forget it. He wouldn't.