Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

AU taking a big risk letting him come 2 work

I thought about this earlier this week. With as serious as some of these allegations were you would think that they would do that pending further investigations. Then again....JABA and all.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Good question. He needs to be on paid leave

He is definitely not on paid leave but may be on controlled interaction. At the conference but away from any other contacts.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I thought about this earlier this week. With as serious as some of these allegations were you would think that they would do that pending further investigations. Then again....JABA and all.

I mean if he is being investigated for a potential fireable offense. U have to remove him from the workplace until investigation is complete. It's HR 101... Who is AU'S legal representation, Moe , Larry and Curly?

26 minutes ago, AUx said:

@Barnacleand @The Freak

I don't know what this was about, but I found reference to the "in the out door" comment that I made. Nowwwwwwwwwww, what I was saying is that I could see AU trying to catch Harsin making an inconsequential infraction to avoid the buyout. In no way did it ever occur to me, nor was I in any way implying anything in reference to another 'context' in which this expression is sometimes used in low-brow talk. On reflection, ... YIKES! I must caution all, from experience, to be very careful slinging your idioms around.

FamGuy_Woah.gif

I certainly did not read it like that, lol.  I almost clarified it in one of my posts, but chose to not make the joke.

I said you called it when they had a picture of Harsin entering the side door at the coaches meeting today.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

I certainly did not read it like that, lol.  I almost clarified it in one of my posts, but chose to not make the joke.

I said you called it when they had a picture of Harsin entering the side door at the coaches meeting today.

Well, sometimes folks have been known to go in the out door when they are inebriated. it usually elicits a very angry response. There are some people who just prefer to go in the out door: not that there's anything wrong with that. There are many now who don't want any doors labeled at all. That is just very confusing, but, hey, who am I to say?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUx said:

What's up with s Florida and panhandle flights today? Any flight management folks in here? Are there a lot of scuttled flight plans in the flight trackers? Is there just routine stuff that drives multi-engine flights around the region?

Lots of routine multi engine flights in and out of Eglin AFB.

The audacity of proud tiger to still be following me and down voting my posts after the stuff he pulled in this thread.....no shame

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I mean if he is being investigated for a potential fireable offense. U have to remove him from the workplace until investigation is complete. It's HR 101... Who is AU'S legal representation, Moe , Larry and Curly?

Especially in the case that he is being investigated for possible mistreatment of players/coaches and possibly worse. SMH. 

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Lots of routine multi engine flights in and out of Eglin AFB.

We're bringin' in SOF. Now we'll see some action.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, provibe said:

That’s your opinion and you are Entitled to it but it is certainly not a fact nor is it my opinion  

Regardless of opinions, no one can honestly think this is not a heartbreaking fiasco for any and all actually having to live through this. I’m not taking about us fans or grads either.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

Well, sometimes folks have been known to go in the out door when they are inebriated. it usually elicits a very angry response. There are some people who just prefer to go in the out door: not that there's anything wrong with that. There are many now who don't want any doors labeled at all. That is just very confusing, but, hey, who am I to say?

There's no way to join you on this journey without pushing it outside this site's boundaries, but I want you to know that it is only out of respect for those boundaries that I don't enthusiastically participate.

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Regardless of opinions, no one can honestly think this is not a heartbreaking fiasco for any and all actually having to live through this. I’m not taking about us fans or grads either.

Imagine how Coach Corn felt getting fired 4 weeks in. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

There's no way to join you on this journey without pushing it outside this site's boundaries, but I want you to know that it is only out of respect for those boundaries that I don't enthusiastically participate.

What. What?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CR said:

I can assure you that I wasnt one of those people. Ive caught plenty of comments for my concerns about Harsin too.

Isn't it amazing how it took this past signing day to pull that buffoon's head out of his ass?

Let's take a stroll down Nov/Dec 21 memory lane and find out who's concerns were legitimate, rational and warranted...

And let's also find out who had their heads in their asses......

On 11/30/2021 at 12:18 PM, Viper said:

the way recruiting has gone, Harsin is quickly putting this program in reverse

We are getting left in the dirt in all phases, most importantly recruiting,

we are about to go through the roughest multi-year stretch since Barfield.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, AU9377 said:

Recruiting and performance have to improve for him to get 4 years. He won't get 3 if there isn't some sign of positive  momentum.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, fredst said:

Damn, Harsin sucks. What Auburn worked to build for ~130 years he torpedoed in 11 months. That has *got* to be some kind of record

On 11/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, McLoofus said:

you should probably wait until next December to declare time of death on our recruiting.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, Viper said:

You should probably not wait any longer to realize the peril our recruiting is in and will only get worse

But, you and the others pumpers will wait till Harsin’s bitter end

On 11/30/2021 at 2:09 PM, McLoofus said:

How can you be laughing at a time like this DAG? We are in peril!

On 11/30/2021 at 2:26 PM, fredst said:

You both will rue the day that you didn’t take this seriously.

On 12/22/2021 at 9:18 AM, Viper said:

Are *you* sure another “2012” isn’t right around the corner?

On 12/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, Didba said:

Yes, I and many other posters on this forum know beyond a reasonable doubt that another 2012 is not around the corner.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:02 PM, Viper said:

Mark my words… We will have a new HC by January 2024.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, Rednilla said:

Mark my words: If we have a new HC by January 2024, it will be because we are the two-time defending national champions and the NFL came calling for our coach.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:16 PM, Didba said:

Mark my words... you fall into the category of fans that definitely don't know.

This guy just claimed we'd have a new coach by 2024

I see a guy that doesn't know what he is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The audacity of proud tiger to still be following me and down voting my posts after the stuff he pulled in this thread.....no shame

Following you? Surely you kid but with your big ego I guess not. You are always telling us you know just about everything so tell us what's going on.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Vibe,what have u seen from Harsin, especially his recruiting that convices u he is the man for the job?

I’m not convinced, I just believe that he was hired and deserves a chance. I really believe he can do better ( as he did in early period) if he gets the support he deserves. Heck, I don’t know what to believe. Why would he be brought in and not fully supported. If he has been undermined then those should be outed. If it was just a bad hire then that’s on the University and they should admit it, pay him what they owe him and move on. I just hate the way he and his family have been dumped on when most don’t know what they are talking about 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well I am not talking about the investigation . You are complaining about his coaching abilities and that’s what I was responding to. If it is about coaching abilities and simply that , then there is no need for a conclusion to the investigation. When have I said anything about being an insider ? Lmao. You plainly said in your enduring one paragraph posts that you don’t see why poor performance can’t be used as cause to fire him. If he is a poor performer in their eyes, they can fire him! Nothing is stopping them from that. They are choosing not to fire him for poor performance right now. 

You don’t know a damn thing about what’s going on behind the scenes, but you’re making a buffoon out yourself making statements trying to convince everyone that you do. 

Reading comprehension is definitely not your strong suit.  I never complained about his coaching abilities or anything else.  I simply stated widely reported facts about his performance.  They are likely performing an investigation as a proactive measure due to allegations re: Harsin’s abrasive behavior because they’re obligated to do so whether or not they intend to terminate him.  If they don’t, it’s possible they could be sued by those that have made the accusations. Your posts full of illogical assumptions make it abundantly clear that you have little or no experience in a management capacity.  

Do yourself a favor and post less often so as not to look like a blathering idiot!  I assure you I’m not the only one that will appreciate it!

Edited by gctiger
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Isn't it amazing how it took this past signing day to pull that buffoon's head out of his ass?

Let's take a stroll down Nov/Dec 21 memory lane and find out who's concerns were legitimate, rational and warranted...

And let's also find out who had their heads in their asses......

Me!  Me!  Do me next!   

I don't actually remember what I wrote...   LOL

Just now, McLoofus said:

In word and not in deed, if it needed to be said ...

duh. does one need to telegraph sarcasm and irony on this board? :)

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Unbelievable how both Rick Flairs go missing for days and then suddenly reappear.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

You're using the same profile pic for both aliases?  I may be a dumbass

• Haha 1

I think they are working behind the scenes.  If they can line up two of the three (HC, OC, DC) that they want , they will pull the trigger and fire Harsin.  If not, they likely roll with him for another season.

5 minutes ago, provibe said:

I’m not convinced, I just believe that he was hired and deserves a chance. I really believe he can do better ( as he did in early period) if he gets the support he deserves. Heck, I don’t know what to believe. Why would he be brought in and not fully supported. If he has been undermined then those should be outed. If it was just a bad hire then that’s on the University and they should admit it, pay him what they owe him and move on. I just hate the way he and his family have been dumped on when most don’t know what they are talking about 

Fair enough

• Thanks 1