Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I think they are working behind the scenes.  If they can line up two of the three (HC, OC, DC) that they want , they will pull the trigger and fire Harsin.  If not, they likely roll with him for another season.

That would be surprising if HC would come and not choose his own staff.

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

duh. does one need to telegraph sarcasm and irony on this board? :)

Usually. But you didn't need to. But I was disappointingly cautious. It shan't happen again! 

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Following you? Surely you kid but with your big ego I guess not. You are always telling us you know just about everything so tell us what's going on.

Proud I been outt the loop  few days.. Dont wanna look back thru 100 pages... Why are folks dogging u out?

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Proud I been outt the loop  few days.. Dont wanna look back thru 100 pages... Why are folks dogging u out?

Best we just leave it alone. Just the usual crap you get here from some people. It's a message board where we all hide behind fake names and say things we wouldn't face to face. Thanks for asking though.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I mean if he is being investigated for a potential fireable offense. U have to remove him from the workplace until investigation is complete. It's HR 101... Who is AU'S legal representation, Moe , Larry and Curly?

Usually the firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe is retained in situations like this. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The audacity of proud tiger to still be following me and down voting my posts after the stuff he pulled in this thread.....no shame

Those were the days 

F6489363-D9AD-488B-8DFC-20ADBC69DE77.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Usually. But you didn't need to. But I was disappointingly cautious. It shan't happen again! 

image.gif.b87590953c2e2e7e21ab3dac87c9dd69.gif

Are we baptizing people into the Aubs against Harsin religion right now. Viper went back a year to gloat. That’s some next level pettiness that I can appreciate.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Especially in the case that he is being investigated for possible mistreatment of players/coaches and possibly worse. SMH. 

The problem is that y’all don’t know what’s being investigated 

• Like 2

Just now, provibe said:

Or perhaps they've pivoted from investigating the accused to investigating the accusers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

True. But wouldn't u assume it's more than not being able to provide receipts for highlighters he bought?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

Isn't it amazing how it took this past signing day to pull that buffoon's head out of his ass?

Let's take a stroll down Nov/Dec 21 memory lane and find out who's concerns were legitimate, rational and warranted...

And let's also find out who had their heads in their asses......

Maybe because there are some that didn’t have their heads still firmly up Gus’s a$$ and were trying to give Harsin the benefit of the doubt. 

Also it was after ESD the wheels started coming off.  Mason was a breaking point for a lot of people. 

That combined with some of the things being reported about how Harsin runs this program and how toxic the work environment has become for a lot of employees/coaches changed a lot of people’s tune about Harsin. 

I was as big of a Harsin supporter as there is, until I wasn’t.  Just too many red flags and they all center around him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Things are too far gone to shake hands and make up

This…

coupled with his inability to recruit before and after all this.   I hate it for the program but this marriage is broken.

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

Apparently yes

Well crap. I better finish this instructional VHS.

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Following you? Surely you kid but with your big ego I guess not. You are always telling us you know just about everything so tell us what's going on.

✊🏿

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

✊🏿

Truth hurts huh? Looks like a few others who reacted to your earlier post agree.

Edited by Proud Tiger

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Truth hurts huh? Looks like a few others who reacted to your earlier post agree.

Lol you mean the guy whose new and don't know your history? Lol, no I don't care.

Truth hurts? You aren't capable of telling the truth. You literally lie about something on here every single day. Now you want to pretend nobody will say anything to your face 😂

You pretend you don't follow me around on this board every day. You lie because you don't have anything else to do. You're so happy somebody finally was silly enough to like a post of yours you had to talk about it lol

3 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

As far as the "can he do his job" aspect of the drama... I saw someone said that there were recruit events or something in Georgia which had many top recruits...Kirby and Saban went, but Harsin didn't...chose to go on vacation instead..

That is incompetency right there.

It was a Georgia High School coaches banquet that was honoring coaches. It was before the vacation and he sent Etheridge. Not a good look, but thought I would separate fact from fiction.

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Siap, but it true that the old Arky State AD blasted the guy that wrote the report about him and Harsin drama on twitter?

Screenshot_20220210-213813_Twitter.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol you mean the guy whose new and don't know your history? Lol, no I don't care.

Truth hurts? You aren't capable of telling the truth. You literally lie about something on here every single day. Now you want to pretend nobody will say anything to your face 😂

You pretend you don't follow me around on this board every day. You lie because you don't have anything else to do. You're so happy somebody finally was silly enough to like a post of yours you had to talk about it lol

LMAO. you are typical of one who hides behind a fake name on a message board and slings accusations and insults. And you must be smoking something that makes your big ego believe I follow you of all people around. Fact is it seems that it is you following me around since you called me out by name to start this little tit for tat. So show me where I have mentioned you in a long, long time.

But I regress. I asked you a question pertaining to the thread subject. Why can't you answer?

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 2

I want to take a minute and apologize for "guaranteeing" that Bryan Harsin would be fired wednesday evening. I have 2 sources that I fully trust about certain happenings around Auburn football. One is my father-in-law and the other is a head coach at a high school in lower Alabama. He was a roommate of mine in college. Anyway, both said Harsin won't be our head coach next season. One of the 2 told me he would be fired when he arrived back from Mexico because he was to meet with General Burgess and President Gouge. Interestingly, he never mentioned Allen Greene would meet with Harsin. 

Certain boosters her have NEVER liked Harsin. Apparently, they felt if they put rumors out about him and the media could help fuel it, they figured Harsin would resign and not try to buck up to them. In short, they were bullying Harsin and figured he wouldn't fight back because most in the past never fought back. Well, Harsin bucked up to them and got Russ Campbell involved. Whether it's just Harsin's personality to fight back or if he is just a midwesterner that doesn't know most coaches cower to the money boosters here at Auburn, either way he stood up to them and I guess they're at a standstill. 

I asked "if the PTB doesn't want Harsin here, why not just fire him and eat the $18 million buyout." I was then told that they are worried about how terrible they would look firing a coach after 1 year just because they don't like him. So that's when the PTB decided on putting rumors out that would hopefully get him to be fired with cause. They will end up biting the bullet and paying him the entire buyout and Auburn will look even worse than before because it will show that Jetgate and other mess the PTB has pulled in years past never taught them a lesson.

Bottomline is SOME of our PTB and board members have bullied coaches and others through the years and always won that battle just because they have money and influence. Now they have bullied a coach who has a set on him and who won't just cower to them and the boosters are stunned by it. Sorry that I guaranteed his firing yesterday but from what I was told, it was gonna happen until the lawyers got involved and Coach stood his ground. I'm told it will still happen but with a full buyout and egg on our PTB's faces. 

WDE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

^^^^^^^ TeamZero77...thanks for sharing. I'm glad someone else got info from a source that didn't turn out yet. Maybe your explanation about the timing explains things.

Edited by Proud Tiger