Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I could definitely see that too. I interpreted some of the "likes" on Hunter's post to be just out of pure love for their former teammate and less hatred for Harsin. But I honestly don't know.

In hindsight, certain things make more sense now. Like Smoke's behavior in some games, including the bowl. That kid did not buy in to Harsin one bit.

So Smoke proves that he’s a clown! How many games was he thrown out of because he can’t follow rules, specifically targeting? This backs up the point that we had no discipline and have/had a bunch of individuals and not team players.

• Like 2

Very strong counter by Harsin. Doesn't sound like he's ready to walk away. This whole thing is weird. Wooten has always been very active on calling things as he sees it and he's behind him. ESPN says a lot of players actually like him. The ones that liked Hunters tweet are either transfers or guys buried on the depth chart, with King being the exception

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Taco said:

I don’t know who said it, but Harsin is now speaking to ESPN… actually started talking to them last night. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33216111/auburn-tigers-football-coach-bryan-harsin-not-planning-going-anywhere-amid-program-volatility

I don’t see how he can come back at this point. He’s setting up the litigation from his end. Otherwise, why say you haven’t got clarity on how much you can pay your OC. And why is he not trying to fill that job. 

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We have posters here just now learning about subtweeting.  Gotta go slow with these GenX and Boomers

Lol I made a post saying the older guys needed to stay off of Twitter. A week later I saw somebody posting a tweet thinking it was a certain person when clearly it was a parody account. I couldn't do anything but laugh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockfordpi said:

Above is a very spot on post.

Hypothetically, it goes like this, fans are unhappy with coach, beg (figuratively if not literally) boosters to help buy him out. Boosters provide resources to do same. Search for new coach begins, the press and the fans tell the boosters to sit down and shut up, you shouldn't be meddling in the hiring process. AD makes a terrible hire with no input from boosters. Program goes to Hell, then again fans and admin are going back to boosters for more $ to buyout the coach.

I have to wonder how many fanatics would, if they were multi-millionaires, invest in a system like above. We want your money, not your input, but when it all fails, we want your money again to fix the problem?

The Boosters wanted Kevin Steele. The fanatics didn't because they just knew we were gonna get Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer (or someone off UT's historical dream list).

That said, I am 100% opposed to boosters interfering in the day to day operations, but realistically, they are not going to continue to shell out $$$$ without some input to the overall direction of the program.

Disclaimer. I was opposed to firing CGM and I was Opposed to hiring CBH. However, CBH is OUR COACH and I will support him until there is some good reason (other than rumor or innuendo). I hope the AU family will do same, though I am convinced that a loud faction of our fanbase will never be satisfied and continue to push us toward the UT model of a new coach every 2-3 years.

Still don't see how any reasonable person could think Gus should have stayed. The Harsin hire is unrelated. There is no doubt it was last due time for a change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

So Smoke proves that he’s a clown! How many games was he thrown out of because he can’t follow rules, specifically targeting? This backs up the point that we had no discipline and have/had a bunch of individuals and not team players.

Lol. An internet warrior calling a hard hitting safety a clown. Gotta love it

• Like 5

Didn’t the now Oklahoma coach say that he interviewed last year with AU and that the powers that be were a problem? Or something like that. 
I am not saying Harsin is right for the job because he is clearly in over his head at the moment, but this is an Auburn problem overall. 

I love basketball. 

I am really upset on how people on here and other outlets have repeated rumors about Harsin's personal life.  Fire him if he doesn't hit metrics for his job. That is reasonable. Lost a ton of faith in our fanbase dropping so low on a personal level.  Not sure I want to be apart of this.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Sounds like Harsin is fighting back. 

As he should! If the rumors that so many are running with are false, I hope he files a lawsuit on ALL of them!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I don't think this is totally accurate but I could be wrong.   As I recall it, mid-season Bowden asked for assurances he would be retained and was told he would be evaluated at the end of the season.   He then walked out.

So Bowden was already on thin ice and it seemed a forgone conclusion that he would be fired at the end of the season….then Phillip Marshall wrote a column basically stating Bowden needed to do a complete 180 with the season or he was gone,  and Bowden thought Lowder put him up to it, and there was some drama between Marshall and the Plainsman editor which  I don’t remember all the details about….later Bowden admitted that Housel had called him and told him that he would likely be let go at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Very strong counter by Harsin. Doesn't sound like he's ready to walk away. This whole thing is weird. Wooten has always been very active on calling things as he sees it and he's behind him. ESPN says a lot of players actually like him. The ones that liked Hunters tweet are either transfers or guys buried on the depth chart, with King being the exception

Jaylin Simpson isn't buried on the depth chart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'm just saying what I have read on here multiple times. No more, no less. It is well known in Auburn's history boosters have had a hand in things & it's looking like the affair rumor has been started to get him gone. Like originally said, not many coaches will want to come here with the historical reputation of the boosters play in things. I believe it was stated that's why Kirby didn't take the job in 2013. That is my "common sense." 

Good grief, how does anyone expect boosters NOT to have a "hand in things", especially in the NIL era, at ANY school?? That's the common sense you and everyone else here screaming for the PTB to pay the latest buyout, to pay whatever it takes to get the next hot coach or player should have. 

Kirby didn't take the AU job because he refused to believe that we would not be under severe sanctions for Cam, because he wanted to wait on UGA, and last of all, because he insisted on leaving bammer on his own timeline, to heck with our recruiting needs. He was never going to be AU's HC, no matter what we did to get him. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Like I said, CBH does have support from his players. There are definitely others that clearly don't take to him very well. Also, no doubt in my mind a certain faction wants him out. This is way over the top.

• Like 2

What's super funny is EVERYBODY on all sides probably aren't too far off from actually agreeing with each other. Our program's communication is so poor and we are divided internally and there's no reason to be

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Thanks for posting these. I want to hear all sides.

Edited by DAG

Gotta be careful how I word this.....If the MAIN rumor is true and if it has truly been going on since Harsin coached at Boise, then it makes complete sense now why he keeps surrounding himself with Boise coaches. If those coaches knew about it going on at Boise and kept quiet, then that's probably why Harsin keeps bringing them on staff here at Auburn because they are cover for him. Kinda makes sense if this is true and there's alot of smoke right now for it to be just a rumor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol. An internet warrior calling a hard hitting safety a clown. Gotta love it

Was he thrown out if multiple games for the same thing??? Why couldn’t he learn from the first time? If he did as the poster that I replied to, then he is a clown and you’re a clown for supporting his behavior!

• Like 2