Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts





Just now, AUsome_Tiger11 said:

Hoke and PM have proven time and time again throughout this saga they have no clue what’s going on. If they are right this time, then so be it. But I’m not holding my breath.

 

Pretty much every single person has proven this that I have seen, beat writers included.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DAG said:

image.gif

 

As usual, you have nothing constructive to add...

  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I still think it is, there is no way back from this, atleast from my pov. 

And, if I may be so bold as to clarify for those who misinterpret you, "this" refers to Harsin's ineptitude and not Auburn attempting (however clumsily) to address it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Our facilities are second rate, no there's a stigma that coming here is like being in the military then on top of that we're not sending anybody to the NFL.......

It looks like our football facility will be done before this upcoming season so I think we will at least have our facilities going for us.  But you are correct, the only was I see recruiting getting any better is with a new coach where top recruits come in because it is "new and shiny."

I am really going to be upset if Etheridge leaves.  Him, Reed, and Williams are the only ones trying to recruit it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really haven't posted in here. I think most know I am pro Harsin, but given everything that has happened, I don't know how he can be retained. At the end of the day, his chances to succeed have been severely damaged and it is going to be a massive uphill battle. Whether he can do it or whether he can't, this whole fiasco has set AU back several years at the least

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

The coach from South Carolina St waxed Deion with far less talent than Jackson St but had superior coaching and Xs and Os. What good is his recruiting if he can’t put it in position to win?

Give him the budget to go hire the best assistants. 

HC in SEC is more about managing perception, recruiting and less about Xs & Os today.

Deion is the only one who can come in with the swag that can come compete with Jimbo, Saban and Kirby.   

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe I am wrong, but wasn't people saying PAM a few days earlier that his fire was imminent? Maybe I am quoting the wrong person. So what? Another 24-48 hours lol

Start the countdown clock lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AUsome_Tiger11 said:

Hoke and PM have proven time and time again throughout this saga they have no clue what’s going on. If they are right this time, then so be it. But I’m not holding my breath.

 

They don't. They are guessing because CBH has made it that way and certain individuals hate that.  Been a guessing game for a month now with people running with baseless rumors with no fruition. Now look at how "emotional" the posters who chose to believe some of these rumors are acting out.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe I am wrong, but wasn't people saying PAM a few days earlier that his fire was imminent? Maybe I am quoting the wrong person. So what? Another 24-48 hours lol

I'm pretty sure you are correct sir. 🤣 This is just sad at this point. People paying some pretty good money for those sites and end up with nothing. I hope this makes a lot of Auburn fans quit those sites haha.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

If that happens, how long before we can afford to part with Harsin?

They afford to do it now. Especially if the ptb don’t like him. It’s a matter of do they feel like they should pay him his entire buyout. And I don’t blame them. Wyf has the guy don’t to deserve such a large sum of money. He failed at his duties as the HC. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Pretty much every single person has proven this that I have seen, beat writers included.

Right. But that’s why I respect journalists like Jason Caldwell because he’s not going to just throw something against a wall and see if it sticks. Most people have given up true journalistic integrity and investigative journalism for the sake of clicks. I know everyone wants to break the story, but patience is key here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No way possible for a couple of years. Unless we get into the playoff talk there's no way any high level players would want to sign here. Our facilities are second rate, no there's a stigma that coming here is like being in the military then on top of that we're not sending anybody to the NFL.......

 

We're screwed for a couple of years unless we hire a couple of people I don't think our fan base would get behind

I agree 100%. 

Bro I think this is a new page for us actually agreeing. 🤣 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Give him the budget to go hire the best assistants. 

HC in SEC is more about managing perception, recruiting and less about Xs & Os today.

Deion is the only one who can come in with the swag that can come compete with Jimbo, Saban and Kirby.   

 

I wouldn't hate it, but he's certainly not the highest ony list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They afford to do it now. Especially if the ptb don’t like him. It’s a matter of do they feel like they should pay him his entire buyout. And I don’t blame them. Wyf has the guy don’t to deserve such a large sum of money. He failed at his duties as the HC. 

Wait, wait, wait. This doesn't make sense. Weren't you saying he should be fired for not doing his coaching duties? Now, you are saying he should be retained for not doing his coaching duties because he doesn't deserve it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Give him the budget to go hire the best assistants. 

HC in SEC is more about managing perception, recruiting and less about Xs & Os today.

Deion is the only one who can come in with the swag that can come compete with Jimbo, Saban and Kirby.   

 

I disagree that he is the ONLY one who could come in and compete, but he is one of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gctiger said:

As usual, you have nothing constructive to add...

Bro, you don't wanna go there man. Not at all. 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DAG said:

Wait, wait, wait. This doesn't make sense. Weren't you saying he should be fired for not doing his coaching duties? Now, you are saying he should be retained for not doing his coaching duties because he doesn't deserve it?

I don't think that is what he is saying....I could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

What's best for the overall program, being Yella Fella's bi*ch?

If Yella Fella is the one front NIL and facility money, YES! Harsin needs to play the game, because at this point he’s competing with coaches that know that without money, their programs are nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't think that is what he is saying....I could be wrong.

Yeah I am trying to get clarification here @AuCivilEng1

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I agree 100%. 

Bro I think this is a new page for us actually agreeing. 🤣 

 

Ask loof, dag, dual, bird potatoes, rand, wed, tigerbelle etc we may disagree now and then but it's not personal. I won't ever just disrespect you as a man or woman or nothing like that. I'll talk joke be cordial all of that. I like having a good time.

I really don't mean anything when I disagree. We disagree talk about it and move on. It seems I have the most problems from people watching from the outside and I guess they make it be I'm some personal bring you down guy.

We can disagree and then joke and laugh the very next post. Give me a try you'll see!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait, wait, wait. This doesn't make sense. Weren't you saying he should be fired for not doing his coaching duties? Now, you are saying he should be retained for not doing his coaching duties because he doesn't deserve it?

No I’m saying if this firing is in hold up over Auburn thinking they shouldn’t owe him 18mil, I don’t blame them. **** that guy getting 18 mil! He hasn’t done what he needed to do as a coach to justify them paying his buyout. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

The coach from South Carolina St waxed Deion with far less talent than Jackson St but had superior coaching and Xs and Os. What good is his recruiting if he can’t put it in position to win?

Yes, it is called an upset. It happens, all the time. It even happens to SABAN. One game does not make the body of work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I disagree that he is the ONLY one who could come in and compete, but he is one of.

Who else would you get that can actually have an impact?

Urban.. But I don't think he comes. Gruden... maybe but he's a racist and could be problems.  

I don't see why you fire Harsin to bring in Hugh Freeze or BYU guy. 
 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I wouldn't hate it, but he's certainly not the highest ony list.

In my mind worse care scenario doesn't work out we move on but we have talent and we have a good brand for the next guy. Sort of like when muschamp came got us a boat load of talent before he left and we ate off that for 4-5 years

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...