Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ask loof, dag, dual, bird potatoes, rand, wed, tigerbelle etc we may disagree now and then but it's personal. I won't ever just disrespect you as a man or woman or nothing like that. I'll talk joke be cordial all of that. I like having a good time.

I really don't mean anything when I disagree. We disagree talk about it and move on. It seems I have the most problems from people watching from the outside and I guess they make it be I'm some personal bring you down guy.

We can disagree and then joke and laugh the very next post. Give me a try you'll see!

That is how it should work for most people but it doesn't. The other day, had a poster accusing people of being in a "clique." I was like umm, I have gotten into very heated debates with every single person you are referring to, but we can also agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No I’m saying if this firing is in hold up over Auburn thinking they shouldn’t owe him 18mil, I don’t blame them. **** that guy getting 18 mil! He hasn’t done what he needed to do as a coach to justify them paying his buyout. 

Ahh thank you I was so confused. So what are your feelings if he is retained today in terms of support and fandom?

Edited by DAG

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Our facilities are second rate,

That shouldn't be the case come mid summer.

Now, we'll have nice facilities no one wants to use b/c our HC is awful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Who else would you get that can actually have an impact?

Urban.. But I don't think he comes. Gruden... maybe but he's a racist and could be problems.  

I don't see why you fire Harsin to bring in Hugh Freeze or BYU guy. 

I think Hugh Freeze could absolutely kill it here and recruit very well with the likes of Saban, Kirbs and Jimbo. Plus, I think he is a much better x's and o's coach than Prime. He is the top of my list of realistic hires.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really haven't posted in here. I think most know I am pro Harsin, but given everything that has happened, I don't know how he can be retained. At the end of the day, his chances to succeed have been severely damaged and it is going to be a massive uphill battle. Whether he can do it or whether he can't, this whole fiasco has set AU back several years at the least

If he stays, hopefully he looks at this whole process introspectively and changes for the better.

I kinda doubt that happens and he double downs & becomes more of an a**hole

46 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hold the phone... Hoke says not so fast 

Keeping him would be the most Auburn thing ever.  "Well he sucked at recruiting and game day coaching so let's make sure everyone knows he's a jerk and sucks at recruiting.  That way he sucks at it even more and we can keep him as head coach."

Edited by LeonardAU
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Give him the budget to go hire the best assistants. 

HC in SEC is more about managing perception, recruiting and less about Xs & Os today.

The thing is we did that and Harsin ran him out of town.  Derek Mason is regarded as one of the best defensive minds in college football and was paid handsomely to be at Auburn.  After one year he took a paycut to get away from Harsin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really don't mean anything when I disagree. We disagree talk about it and move on. It seems I have the most problems from people watching from the outside and I guess they make it be I'm some personal bring you down guy.

"I disagree with something you said."
*face palm from Proud Tiger*
"Cole's calling people names again."
*thumbs up from Proud Tiger*
"No, I just don't think that one thing you said is correct. This is why. A, b, and c."
"You two please take it to PMs."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is how it should work for most people but it doesn't. The other day, had a poster accusing people of being in a "clique." I was like umm, I have gotten into very heated debates with every single person you are referring to, but we can also agree to disagree.

Yeah it's like if you disagree you must not like me period....And it's nothing like that. You can only grow if you do disagree at times. 

There's a reason literally every successful person says don't be surrounded by yes men.

If a person disagrees and explains why there should be no problem. On here it's like if you disagree and post more than once you are defensive, or you are doing something wrong. I mean who postsand think they are wrong. EVERYBODY think they are right initially.

I see that I need to work on my delivery and I think my profession sort of seeps in the way that I communicate. But man you know I'm not lying when I'm debating I always go to loof, you, or Bird and I get another opinion and perspective to see if I'm off base. I'm nothing how I'm painted but that's something too, don't base a person off of someone else. Get to know and have your own experience with a person because if you judge from the outside, you won't have the ENTIRE story. 

But yeah a forum can't exist and everybody just post once saying I agree

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No I’m saying if this firing is in hold up over Auburn thinking they shouldn’t owe him 18mil, I don’t blame them. **** that guy getting 18 mil! He hasn’t done what he needed to do as a coach to justify them paying his buyout. 

The contract spells out what is owed CBH if he is fired. Obviously, the devil is in the details. However, I would be willing to bet there is nothing in his contract that reduces his buyout based on the team's performance, recruiting, or player/staff retention. 

I am pretty sure there are lots of moral/ethical/rules violation clauses therein that would justify eliminating the buyout. The problem is, most likely there are none that "reduce" the buyout, it is all or nothing. AU can prove he violated the contract and pay him nothing, or pay him everything. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ahh thank you I was so confused. So what are your feelings if he is retained today in terms of support and fandom?

I think half of the fans will be happy and the other half (the ones who actually pay attention) will be pissed because he’s going to continue to kill the program. But IF he starts somehow winning, everyone will forget about this and get behind him.

43 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

PAM

"Could be today.  Rumblings of him staying with conditions.  Rumblings of him getting fired"

Thanks for all you do, Phil

The only rumblings from Marshall are his stomach. Most useless reporter covering Auburn. 

1 minute ago, rockfordpi said:

The contract spells out what is owed CBH if he is fired. Obviously, the devil is in the details. However, I would be willing to bet there is nothing in his contract that reduces his buyout based on the team's performance, recruiting, or player/staff retention. 

I am pretty sure there are lots of moral/ethical/rules violation clauses therein that would justify eliminating the buyout. The problem is, most likely there are none that "reduce" the buyout, it is all or nothing. AU can prove he violated the contract and pay him nothing, or pay him everything. 

Yea I agree with you. It sucks because it’s not spelled out. But I still don’t blame Auburn for trying. They’re def justified in wanting to try to wiggle their way out of it. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

"I disagree with something you said."
"Cole's calling people names again."
*thumbs up from Proud Tiger*
"No, I just don't think that one thing you said is correct. This is why. A, b, and c."
"You two please take it to PMs."

It's so frustrating. Like I ignore it for a month nothing is said soon as I say something you can bet your bottom dollar it's Cole nobody wants to see such and such.......

But what can you do? If I don't own it,I can't expect it to be fair unfortunately

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That shouldn't be the case come mid summer.

Now, we'll have nice facilities no one wants to use b/c our HC is awful.

It absolutely shouldn't. How can we expect to be a top 10 program but second rate in treating the team?

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In my mind worse care scenario doesn't work out we move on but we have talent and we have a good brand for the next guy. Sort of like when muschamp came got us a boat load of talent before he left and we ate off that for 4-5 years

Man, Muschamp can evaluate defensive talent like a mofo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ask loof, dag, dual, bird potatoes, rand, wed, tigerbelle etc we may disagree now and then but it's not personal.

I'm hurt.  I thought we had something deeper than just surface level disagreements.

I think it would take someone like Sanders or a pretty decent name from the NFL to keep our head above water. But just any regular guy, or a dull work work work no personality can't lead or relate to the players my way highway stiff? We'll be in trouble into turning into miss st or South Carolina

19 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Gruden... maybe but he's a racist and could be problems. 

Yeah....you think?

This is where we are now. If we lose this next class, it will take two or three years to get to the middle of the SEC west. Sadly this years class is looking to be below average. Only, Sanders can fix that. Buy him a great OC and DC and he could push us to the top.

1 hour ago, DyeCampAlum said:

One fact I’m late to learning. Our highest ranked recruit this year would be #18 in Bama’s class. Let’s not talk about OL recruiting. Pair that with players saying Harsin doesn’t get it and the departure of three black coaches (two willingly, and one with a huge pay cut), and the administration had to look in.

I haven’t quit on Harsin, and I certainly don’t give the administration a pass for how they’ve handled it—way too much none of us know-but I don’t know what a path coming back looks like.

1 hour ago, MariosNutHeat said:

There is no path back.

We need to go all in on Deion Sanders. 

33 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

Give him the budget to go hire the best assistants. 

HC in SEC is more about managing perception, recruiting and less about Xs & Os today.

Deion is the only one who can come in with the swag that can come compete with Jimbo, Saban and Kirby.   

Edited by VegasEagle
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ask loof, dag, dual, bird potatoes, rand, wed, tigerbelle etc we may disagree now and then but it's not personal. I won't ever just disrespect you as a man or woman or nothing like that. I'll talk joke be cordial all of that. I like having a good time.

We can disagree and then joke and laugh the very next post. Give me a try you'll see!

Oh I am now you are becoming one of my favorite posters bro. You are right we may disagree but damnit we are in this together and we both want what's best for Auburn at the end of the day. 

Would love to meet some of y'all in person and have a beer and just talk Auburn. 

• Like 3