Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It absolutely shouldn't. How can we expect to be a top 10 program but second rate in treating the team?

I agree.  What I'm saying is once the new complex is done this summer, facilities are no longer an excuse.  They have been for the last decade

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The thing is we did that and Harsin ran him out of town.  Derek Mason is regarded as one of the best defensive minds in college football and was paid handsomely to be at Auburn.  After one year he took a paycut to get away from Harsin.

Yea you fire Harsin, and give Coach Prime the best assistants.  Not harsin, he's a JAG and does not belong in the SEC. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Man, Muschamp can evaluate defensive talent like a mofo.

Absolutely. And I'm at the point where I'll take a guy who will fill the cupboard and keep our brand high. I know in the end what the goal is but maybe it'll be a couple of steps progress

As far as Sanders I can't say I know he can take us to a promise land, but I can't say I don't know he can't either. I think having a great season but pointing out his only loss and coming to a conclusion he can't coach is wrong too. Only thing I know is so far everywhere he's coached he's won at a high rate and level. 

Maybe he could do it here and maybe not but one thing we all know is he'd be bringing in recruits by the tons and having them here means they aren't there and if nothing else if we move on it would be that muschamp effect

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think it would take someone like Sanders or a pretty decent name from the NFL to keep our head above water. But just any regular guy, or a dull work work work no personality can't lead or relate to the players my way highway stiff? We'll be in trouble into turning into miss st or South Carolina

Reminds me of Paul Johnson, actually. 

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If he stays.. it means they couldn’t get who they wanted to replace him.

I think this is a real possibility, but I think the more likely possibility is that Harsin isn't caving on the payout.  The only firing for cause I see is the alleged affair. That's pretty hard to prove, no matter how much circumstantial evidence they may have. If the two people involved refuse to acknowledge it, or answer questions about it, you don't have proof. The leverage that Harsin has is the longer this drags out, the worse Auburn looks.  On the other hand, all the damage that can be done to Harsin has already happened.  Auburn has no leverage left, and Harsin appears to have the gonads to use his.  I can't see any way that  he stays, but he may force Auburn to pay up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Would get behind this idea.

We should set it up, for this summer if possible. I know most of us live in different parts of the country but I'm sure we could figure something out. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. And I'm at the point where I'll take a guy who will fill the cupboard and keep our brand high. I know in the end what the goal is but maybe it'll be a couple of steps progress

As far as Sanders I can't say I know he can take us to a promise land, but I can't say I don't know he can't either. I think having a great season but pointing out his only loss and coming to a conclusion he can't coach is wrong too. Only thing I know is so far everywhere he's coached he's won at a high rate and level. 

Maybe he could do it here and maybe not but one thing we all know is he'd be bringing in recruits by the tons and having them here means they aren't there and if nothing else if we move on it would be that muschamp effect

Man, Deion's persona and Auburn look like oil and water to me tho.  That would be an odd couple for sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

We should set it up, for this summer if possible. I know most of us live in different parts of the country but I'm sure we could figure something out. 

For sure. I am in the Huntsville Area. I love meeting folks. Would be nice to put a face to some of the yahoos on here lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Man, Deion's persona and Auburn look like oil and water to me tho.  That would be an odd couple for sure.

That's where I am. I am not saying he couldn't be great...it just seems so odd lol. Maybe that is just what we need. The odd couple. 

One thing is for sure...it would show a true turning of the season for the PTB if we had Prime Time Deion Sanders as our HBC

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Same. Plus he’s made such a big deal about building up HBCUs, I don’t think he’d take the job. Maybe Florida State, but I think he’s sincere in his stated objective. 

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Oh I am now you are becoming one of my favorite posters bro. You are right we may disagree but damnit we are in this together and we both want what's best for Auburn at the end of the day. 

Would love to meet some of y'all in person and have a beer and just talk Auburn. 

I think about that too. But I have like 3 guys on here if they said some of the stuff they say on here I probably slap the hell out of them 😂

Definitely a bunch I'd like to hang with. Like I know it would be a good time!

• Love 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

For sure. I am in the Huntsville Area. I love meeting folks. Would be nice to put a face to some of the yahoos on here lol.

Yeah I'm in Gulf Shores but I come up to Bham a lot to visit my family so we can always try that or meet before a game one day next season. No matter what happens I'm still an Auburn fan for life, I may hate this situation and frankly have given up hope for a better season next year but I will still go even if it's just to meet some of y'all on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I think about that too. But I have like 3 guys on here if they said some of the stuff they say on here I probably slap the hell out of them 😂

Definitely a bunch I'd like to hang with. Like I know it would be a good time!

Oh same buddy same 😂.  Like @DAG or @W.E.D jkjk 🙃 

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree.  What I'm saying is once the new complex is done this summer, facilities are no longer an excuse.  They have been for the last decade

Ahhh I got you. I misread the first post my bad. Yeah and they need to fix not having ex players around. Make it a Brotherhood for life if you are a player. The way social media works now and stuff too, that stuff is more important than what many believe I think

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Same. Plus he’s made such a big deal about building up HBCUs, I don’t think he’d take the job. Maybe Florida State, but I think he’s sincere in his stated objective. 

I am pretty sure he can be bought. Onlly making $300,000 a year coaching, and net worth   is ONLY $40 million. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Funny. Harsin's arrogance is what has half this fan base wanting to keep him.

At least Deion can back his up. And it's a way more fun brand of arrogance. And if he got results, Auburn would get over it real quick. 

• Like 5

Ahhh I got you. I misread the first post my bad. Yeah and they need to fix not having ex players around. Make it a Brotherhood for life if you are a player. The way social media works now and stuff too, that stuff is more important than what many believe I think

We definitely need to fix the ex players thing like now, that will be one way to help with his Image with us fans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree. That would be the ultimate test of my restraint. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'm in Texas now but I lived and went to high school a couple years in Huntsville. My wife worked and still audits the airport. I fly for free we're always in Huntsville. Literally my wife should be landing right now today.

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's where I am. I am not saying he couldn't be great...it just seems so odd lol. Maybe that is just what we need. The odd couple. 

One thing is for sure...it would show a true turning of the season for the PTB if we had Prime Time Deion Sanders as our HBC

With Deion I worry about when FSU comes calling 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Bro, you don't wanna go there man. Not at all. 

Looks I just did, Bro!!!  He and a couple of his little piss ant buddies constantly attack anything that I post.  Yesterday he blabbered something about there was no one keeping the administration from firing Harsin when there's no way that he could possible know that to be a fact.  That's just one example of his irresponsible behavior. 

I've got no problem with anyone responding to anything that I may post, and in fact encourage it provided they have something of substance to add do it in an appropriate manner, but I won't tolerate him or anyone else putting words in my mouth and attempting to pass off blatant assumptions as facts.  If you are unable to respond in a courteous, intelligent manner, then you shouldn't even bother responding.  Your above response is Exhibit A because serves no purpose.  

You guys may find it hard to believe, but some of us actually come to this site to obtain the latest information and don't wish to read hundreds of threads containing a bunch of rhetoric that serves no purpose other than to clog band width.  I've been a member of this site since the merger with the old Auburn Eagle site, and until recently, I've never seen such imbecilic and childish behavior.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I'm in Gulf Shores but I come up to Bham a lot to visit my family so we can always try that or meet before a game one day next season. No matter what happens I'm still an Auburn fan for life, I may hate this situation and frankly have given up hope for a better season next year but I will still go even if it's just to meet some of y'all on here. 

We come that way every July. Maybe we could set something up.

• Like 1

I'm in Texas now but I lived and went to high school a couple years in Huntsville. My wife worked and still audits the airport. I fly for free we're always in Huntsville. Literally my wife should be landing right now today.

I wondered with the 256 and all in your name. Where did you go to High School? My Wife went to Grissom. I am actually from Fayetteville TN, but as you know it's so close to Huntsville so I have always claimed Huntsville Area as where I am from.

• Like 2