Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Two hours?  Math certainly isn't your strong suit, Bro!  I've got a business to run, so you'll have to excuse me for not being locked in waiting on your next syllable...  In other words, you're not a priority!

Oh that one got me I'm so hurt, whatever shall I do. I guess I'll go cry in the corner now. 🥲

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I was thinking who is he even arguing with lol

You know I be getting these folks triggered LOL. I try to be a little mix of meta and big bird at times. A little abrasive but not too much with what I hope logical questions, which gets people very angry it seems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What about Montgomery-Carver though since we are talking about our high schools. The GUMP.

Lol. While at Auburn I dated a girl on Alabama st track team. I pulled out to meet her down there one night........I never been so scared in my life 😭

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What about Montgomery-Carver though since we are talking about our high schools. The GUMP.

I didn't go there. Anybody hear of Curry High School? 

10 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Think about all the NEW NIL MONEY he brings. New outside $$$$$

In my mind the pros outweigh the cons by alot!

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol. While at Auburn I dated a girl on Alabama st track team. I pulled out to meet her down there one night........I never been so scared in my life 😭

Yeah you in the projects forreal around there, but the campus has gotten a lot better since I visited in the spring. It was down bad prior to my last visit. The cramton bowl looks amazing. They are now tidying up their science departments as ASU does have a respectable sect from that group. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This seemed to be something that was in the process of being corrected after Gus.  There was a lot of talk Harsin was bring guys back.  IDK now, but Courtney Taylor's latest post doesn't help

I didn't see it what did it say? He's one of the most athletic guys I've seen. Played basketball against him a bunch

This is in reference to the SI story about Arkansas State.  Good grief.  This “journalist” is about to be a fry cook at McDonalds.

4 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Good point, but, can be fixed. Write up the contract to slow down the ability of this happening. If Auburn is great as we think, then he will become a Tiger at heart. Dye was not an Auburn man when he was hired and Saban was not an Alabama boy.

Problem with writing a contract like that is that AU has NO leverage (other than money) to make a coach sign it. Now, AU could put enough money in the contract for a HUGE buyout for a HC to leave and get a HC coach to sign it. Problem with that is that it works BOTH ways, one bad season and we would be right back where we are now with even more millions of buyout money on the table.

At UAT, CNS can leave anytime without paying UAT a dime, but if UAT fires CNS, they owe him 10's of million of dollars. It's a very one-sided contract, but what leverage did UAT have to get CNS to agree to a buyout if he leaves?

Wait, am I actually worrying about coach prime leaving AU for FSU, when there is not even an vacancy at AU much less him being hired, LOL. That is a good sign I am spending WAY TOO much time here, LOL.

Just an FYI, all of you with "sources" don't actually have sources.  You are just talking to idiots with zero working knowledge of the university 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Man, Deion's persona and Auburn look like oil and water to me tho.  That would be an odd couple for sure.

Normally I am not for hiring a coach with almost exclusively high school coaching and 1 year FCS experience but in this case Auburn may not have the funds to hire a top level coach at this time and I am also hoping his playing experience may offset the lack of coaching experience.  But I believe the contract should be easy to get out of if he is not working out as a HC and as Gus and Harsin come off the payroll to free up cash.  This contract should be structured with a low flat salary and the rest structured as performance bonus.  To me this is best for Auburn and also gives Deion a chance to prove himself at this level. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah you in the projects forreal around there, but the campus has gotten a lot better since I visited in the spring. It was down bad prior to my last visit. The cramton bowl looks amazing. They are now tidying up their science departments as ASU does have a respectable sect from that group. 

I'm glad. It definitely stands for something important and should be treated as such. 

I grew up in the hood. And anybody who's really from the hood knows no matter how bad you think you are when you are on a good that's not your own don't walk around like you wish somebody would, because they definitely will if you try them

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

5FB79532-9D21-44D2-907A-CE6B96F1B022.jpeg.10fc411695d2cdc4f9f4dbc563de4704.jpeg

I didn't want to post the entire thing, b/c ppl are going to gloss over everything he said due to one specific comment & they'll throw out anecdotal evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

5FB79532-9D21-44D2-907A-CE6B96F1B022.jpeg.10fc411695d2cdc4f9f4dbc563de4704.jpeg

That is messed up. Also, someone try to indirectly call CBH on this when the man said this occurred years ago initially and still happening. This is a systemic problem leading all the way up to the NFL. It is a shame, but that is a different discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

Problem with writing a contract like that is that AU has NO leverage (other than money) to make a coach sign it. Now, AU could put enough money in the contract for a HUGE buyout for a HC to leave and get a HC coach to sign it. Problem with that is that it works BOTH ways, one bad season and we would be right back where we are now with even more millions of buyout money on the table.

At UAT, CNS can leave anytime without paying UAT a dime, but if UAT fires CNS, they owe him 10's of million of dollars. It's a very one-sided contract, but what leverage did UAT have to get CNS to agree to a buyout if he leaves?

Wait, am I actually worrying about coach prime leaving AU for FSU, when there is not even an vacancy at AU much less him being hired, LOL. That is a good sign I am spending WAY TOO much time here, LOL.

You are 100% right. Alabama paid Saban so much in the beginning, that no one wanted to try to steal him. If my memory is right. Let the contract guys work on it. If he did leave, maybe he leaves us with some five and four stars for the next guy.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In my mind the pros outweigh the cons by alot!

Imagine the NFL alumni- players and coaches- who would come to campus to speak to the players, hold camps, hang out, or even be on staff. Imagine the offseason private coaching he could line up for our guys. It would be more rock star than mid-aughts USC. 

***BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING this is a hypothetical and philosophical conversation, we know, keep moving along***

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

That is messed up. Also, someone try to indirectly call CBH on this when the man said this occurred years ago initially and still happening. This is a systemic problem leading all the way up to the NFL. It is a shame, but that is a different discussion. 

Lol I remember when I brought up racism in the NFL on here.....let's just say a few people didn't like that and said I was race baiting. Since then you had the gruden stuff, KC offensive coach can't get a sniff of a head coaching job, this Flores situation is showing a bunch of stuff people didn't want us to know.....But what did I know lol

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine the NFL alumni- players and coaches- who would come to campus to speak to the players, hold camps, hang out, or even be on staff. Imagine the offseason private coaching he could line up for our guys. It would be more rock star than mid-aughts USC. 

***BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING this is a hypothetical and philosophical conversation, we know, keep moving along***

Ed Reed Terrell Owens literally talking to you telling you how to be successful both top 3 at their position ALL TIME! Your head coach is the greatest at his position ALL TIME. All that greatness at Auburn. 

I know two people who wouldn't want it Saban and smart would be reacting the way the NBA reacted when Kevin Durant signed with Golden State......oh no

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If he stays.. it means they couldn’t get who they wanted to replace him.

Yeah?  I was thinking it's because they couldn't make any of the BS charges stick, they don't want o look like dbags for firing a coach after one season and they don't want to pay the full buyout, anyway.  Plus, yeah, no replacement stupid enough to join this s___ show. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1