Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ed Reed Terrell Owens literally talking to you telling you how to be successful both top 3 at their position ALL TIME! Your head coach is the greatest at his position ALL TIME. All that greatness at Auburn. 

I know two people who wouldn't want it Saban and smart would be reacting the way the NBA reacted when Kevin Durant signed with Golden State......oh no

I know, because I talk to the other sides moneymen. They just smile when the other coach's names come up. Then the record scratch moment happens when Sanders name comes up. They know what could happen if he comes here. Rare opportunity, and, worth the risk. 

Edited by VegasEagle

19 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

5FB79532-9D21-44D2-907A-CE6B96F1B022.jpeg.10fc411695d2cdc4f9f4dbc563de4704.jpeg

I get what Courtney is trying to do, by bring attention to the lack of black representation in football coaching. But to be fair to Auburn, they’ve probably given those opportunities to a lot of guys. But not everyone is going to be able to use Auburn to get their foot in the door. If he really wants to get into the profession, maybe he should reach out to a small college in Washington. Or he could call one of his teammates. The 04 class has a ton of Auburn representation these days. Maybe they will help him find something. But JC, Caddy, and Ronnie Brown all started somewhere that wasn’t Auburn and worked their way back to Auburn.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ed Reed Terrell Owens literally talking to you telling you how to be successful both top 3 at their position ALL TIME! Your head coach is the greatest at his position ALL TIME. All that greatness at Auburn. 

I know two people who wouldn't want it Saban and smart would be reacting the way the NBA reacted when Kevin Durant signed with Golden State......oh no

He could literally just rotate guys like that as position coaches. "Yo, come work with me on a 1-yr deal, get out of the house, get back around the game for a few months, throw $750k in the bank, the weather and golf courses here are great in the fall"

He could also identify the younger guys just out of the league and looking to start their coaching careers. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yeah?  I was thinking it's because they couldn't make any of the BS charges stick, they don't want o look like dbags for firing a coach after one season and they don't want to pay the full buyout, anyway.  Plus, yeah, no replacement stupid enough to join this s___ show. 

Yep

Well that goes without saying. 😆

I’m guessing that they really don’t know how bad and dysfunctional they look... They are willing to eat the $18 mill ... if they can get a decent coach to replace him. But that will be hard to do now 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't see it what did it say? He's one of the most athletic guys I've seen. Played basketball against him a bunch

He didn't say anything about Harsin.. It was more aimed at Gus and Kodi.. just to paraphrase he said he reached out to Auburn several years ago about becoming a GA or something and was told to look for a position where he was.  Also He did an interview with The War Rapport guys and said Gus nor Kodi would call him back about a 5 * WR recruit he wanted to push to Auburn. 

I will try to find the entire tweet and post for you. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

With Deion I worry about when FSU comes calling 

FSU will try but Auburn is a better job.

Noles are bankrupt and will not be able to compete with SEC Money.

We can throw bigger NIL bags.  We have better boosters, all they have is that Spanx lady and she does not care.

Only way Prime would leave Auburn would be to go to the NFL. 

Guest MustardSeed
23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

This is in reference to the SI story about Arkansas State.  Good grief.  This “journalist” is about to be a fry cook at McDonalds.

Lol. The first thing I posted here about that was how much crap journalism it was 😂. It’s bad when a run of the mill fan sees through the garbage lies

21 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Just an FYI, all of you with "sources" don't actually have sources.  You are just talking to idiots with zero working knowledge of the university 

Cant believe you would say that about Mav and Cole .. glad my sources are legit . 
I kid I kid . I got nothing but complaining 

Cole Cubelic just tweeted he expects AU to retain Harsin.  Said all sides need to adapt and change.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MariosNutHeat said:

😭 😭 😭  This guy is saying Harsin Stays.  Everyday Harsin stays we fall more behind the Puppy dawgs, Baga and Jimbo.   

Ah yes, the worst possible outcome.  War Eagle anyway.  When do we announce Jeremy Johnson as our new OC/QB coach?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

😭 😭 😭  This guy is saying Harsin Stays.  Everyday Harsin stays we fall more behind the Puppy dawgs, Baga and Jimbo.   

Another subpar recruiting class. I like him, but, he is damage goods. Will be used against us on the recruiting trail . The next few years will be painful. Bama, LSU. Aggies, Hogs, and Dogs lighting up cigars to celebrate.

Edited by VegasEagle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Ah yes, the worst possible outcome.  War Eagle anyway.  When do we announce Jeremy Johnson as our new OC/QB coach?

Dude, No QB in AU history was treated worse than Jeremy Johnson. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Cole Cubelic just tweeted he expects AU to retain Harsin.  Said all sides need to adapt and change.  

There is no f'n way I'm adapting.

This AUBURN.  We belong winning the Natty.

Honestly we're a better brand and program than UGA and A&M.

We should not be behind them.  Shame on AG & the General for hiring and now retaining Harsin.

Guest MustardSeed

The top Hs qb just went to very small school. If the money folks want to win even if Harsin stays a year or two or however long, they’ve got to pony up. There’s been zero indication they did so this class that I’ve seen. I know there are other circumstances to the qb deal, but money speaks volumes in recruiting currently and if the PTB want good classes they can probably get them regardless of who the coach is IMO. Harsin was actually being praised by many on here at early signing day. It’s not the end of the world guys 😂