Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

There is no f'n way I'm adapting.

This AUBURN.  We belong winning the Natty.

Honestly we're a better brand and program than UGA and A&M.

We should not be behind them.  Shame on AG & the General for hiring and now retaining Harsin.

UGA is 8-2 against AU in the last decade, out recruits AU almost every year and just won their Natty. 

In what way is AU a better program than UGA? 

10 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Another subpar recruiting class. I like him, but, he is damage goods. Will be used against us on the recruiting trail . The next few years will be painful. Bama, LSU. Aggies, Hogs, and Dogs lighting up cigars to celebrate.

yep - our rivals want him to stay, no doubt.  They're happy that he will be at Auburn.  And why wouldn't they be?  Recruiting and coaching are subpar.   

10 minutes ago, MariosNutHeat said:

There is no f'n way I'm adapting.

This AUBURN.  We belong winning the Natty.

Honestly we're a better brand and program than UGA and A&M.

We should not be behind them.  Shame on AG & the General for hiring and now retaining Harsin.

A&M has more money than 99% of CFB. They also have thoroughly beaten us on the scoreboard two straight seasons. Why should we be recruiting better than them 

Time to find a new OC who isn’t scared to recruit and move on.  What a waste of time.  Harsin should go back on vacay and tell the BoT not to bother him unless someone is dead.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

Question, Do members of the donor board get a new head coach and everyone else keeps Harsin?

OK, I’ll pony up

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A&M has more money than 99% of CFB. They also have thoroughly beaten us on the scoreboard two straight seasons. Why should we be recruiting better than them 

Yep. A&M is proof that just money alone doesn't automatically win you championships. 

At least that used to be true. We'll see what happens in the new age of NIL. 

20 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Cole Cubelic just tweeted he expects AU to retain Harsin.  Said all sides need to adapt and change.  

If true, AU probably gave CBH an extension and increased the buyout. lol wde

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AU North said:

If true, AU probably gave CBH an extension and increased the buyout. lol wde

You’d almost have to at this point to avoid the avalanche of negative recruiting about to hit.  If you thought 2022 was rough, 2023 is going to be damn near impossible to bring in guys.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

You’d almost have to at this point to avoid the avalanche of negative recruiting about to hit.  If you thought 2022 was rough, 2023 is going to be damn near impossible to bring in guys.

Gonna have to have open tryouts just for the OL. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I like him, but, he is damage goods. Will be used against us on the recruiting trail .

tbqh it doesn't really matter.  It wouldn'd have effected the outcome.

Harsin doesn't want to recruit and doesn't want to use NIL.  He spent the majority of his time in Auburn during the contact period.  He barely went out and visited high schools & pissed off a lot of players.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will at least advocate for it lol

If he is retained I’m not really sure how anyone can defend the power structure in Auburn. If you want him gone, then get the job done and don’t air out everyone’s dirty laundry because SUPRISE, your dirty panties are out there for everyone to see also.

13 minutes ago, wcware said:

Are we marinating right now?

Remember when everyone thought Harsin making everyone take the stairs vs the elevator was some massive cool thing?

Just more of that

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ok, Good.  So the investigation found nothing?  Everyone should be happy and no one should be mad and pointing fingers.  It had to be done and was going on for a while before last Friday.  That needs to be the message.  It should be difficult.

Harsin needs to be humble & make changes with himself & the program.  We'll see how he does

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1