Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

What an absolute s*** show this has been smh

Didn't have to be this way. But I will say this dude came back from Mexico, looked this investigators in the face and told them he ain't going. That is something else.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

tbqh it doesn't really matter.  It wouldn'd have effected the outcome.

Harsin doesn't want to recruit and doesn't want to use NIL.  He spent the majority of his time in Auburn during the contact period.  He barely went out and visited high schools & pissed off a lot of players.

That can be corrected but the damage has been done for the next class Which means if he corrects his horrible recruiting habits it will take 2-3 years for it to show up and he will likely  axed by then. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Imagine being one of the most successful set of businessmen/women in this state and you thought “maybe if we lie about him, he’ll just leave” 

What does that say about Alabama?

Status quo? I think that would be correct. 

• Haha 1

To anyone who knows these types of things: Sometimes when there is a coaching change some new recruits are granted release from the NLI that they just signed. Is there any chance some of our high school recruits would request a release from their AU commitment due to CBH being retained (assuming the retention reports are correct)? TIA wde

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

That can be corrected but the damage has been done for the next class Which means if he corrects his horrible recruiting habits it will take 2-3 years for it to show up and he will likely  axed by then. 

He's already laid the damage and it was done before this investigation. 

Ppl are really over blowing a 4 day news cycled that will be engulfed and washed away by the Super Bowl this weekend

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Imagine being one of the most successful set of businessmen/women in this state and you thought “maybe if we lie about him, he’ll just leave” 

I don’t know if you’ve seen the group of bozos running for Governor but there’s a lot of successful dumb people in this state.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Who lied?

There were literally multiple complaints by trustworthy sources.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is awful. We're F***d!

Harsin should have never been hired in the first place.

If we're keeping Harsin, I say the next move we make is getting rid of AG and The General ASAP so we can find the person who is going hire Harsin's replacement next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Let’s just suck at football for the next 10 years. 

don’t make stuff up about him…not needed. Fire him for being bad at his job.

we don’t need 3 years to figure him out.

smh. I’m done. 

I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so are you saying they are the ones that made these things up?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Ppl are really over blowing a 4 day news cycled that will be engulfed and washed away by the Super Bowl this weekend

Kirby Smart and Nick Saban and every other coach recruiting against Auburn won’t wash it away.

1 minute ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

Hey well at least whoever runs this site can just shut down the recruiting board while Harsin is still here and save the bandwidth 

@RunInRedidea man (or woman) over here!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Kirby Smart and Nick Saban and every other coach recruiting against Auburn won’t wash it away.

Doesn't matter. Harsin hasn't been competing against those guys anyway. 

Mason was, but...

• Like 1

I love how Auburn fans think a group of multi-millionaires (that admittedly don't always have the best ideas) are wrong 100% of the time. They were right here and it will be proven throughout the fall. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I find it funny you think we recruit against Saban & Kirby.  Outside maybe like 1 guy we don't.  We haven't won any of those battles in a long time.

We get a guy they pushed out of their class, but over all...nope

Just now, CR said:

A lot of Sun Belt level players are about to get their SEC dream offer. Go us!!!!

I can see it now.

"These guys want to be at Auburn"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree, his lack of recruiting hurt this class not the investigation.

I was for waiting it out and to see what he could do until I learned his poor recruiting habits.

Nothing to do now but to hope that he turns it around but I don’t see it happening 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who lied?

There were literally multiple complaints by trustworthy sources.

The whole thing was kicked off by a rumor of cheating that was the entry point for all of the other stuff for the boosters 😂  not to mention that if the topics were half as severe as reported, they would’ve had their cause. 

People lied or at least stretched the severity of things, it’s fine to admit it man lol

• Like 1