Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We have posters here just now learning about subtweeting.  Gotta go slow with these GenX and Boomers

I'd say that hit me in the feels but I'm GenX so, whatever..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

So Smoke proves that he’s a clown! How many games was he thrown out of because he can’t follow rules, specifically targeting? This backs up the point that we had no discipline and have/had a bunch of individuals and not team players.

Smoke is a clown & disrespects Harsin b/c he has a hard time with Targeting penalties?

Y'all are effing weird

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Good grief, how does anyone expect boosters NOT to have a "hand in things", especially in the NIL era, at ANY school?? That's the common sense you and everyone else here screaming for the PTB to pay the latest buyout, to pay whatever it takes to get the next hot coach or player should have. 

Kirby didn't take the AU job because he refused to believe that we would not be under severe sanctions for Cam, because he wanted to wait on UGA, and last of all, because he insisted on leaving bammer on his own timeline, to heck with our recruiting needs. He was never going to be AU's HC, no matter what we did to get him. 

Yeah they did a bang up job with NIL this year 😂 

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

Was he thrown out if multiple games for the same thing??? Why couldn’t he learn from the first time? If he did as the poster that I replied to, then he is a clown and you’re a clown for supporting his behavior!

Have you ever played safety? I'm sure you're not calling anybody anything in real life. Get out of here with the name calling lol

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

I'd say that hit me in the feels but I'm GenX so, whatever..

Sorry man.  The over 41 and older crowd need to just let these kids handle social media

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s a shot across the bow aimed at the boosters for sure. 

He’s not wrong in his response, though. They need to let him do his job and stop meddling. I’ll never understand paying someone tons of money to not do their job. Wish I was lucky like that. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, Taco said:

I don’t know who said it, but Harsin is now speaking to ESPN… actually started talking to them last night. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33216111/auburn-tigers-football-coach-bryan-harsin-not-planning-going-anywhere-amid-program-volatility

All of our favorite reporters contributed to the article lol

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thanks for posting these. I want to hear all sides.

No problem. I don't know what to believe and I never want to play down the grievances of any player/former player. Maybe Hunter felt like he was treated badly or maybe it was just a miscommunication. I do want Harsin to succeed as well because I loved the hire when it first happened and I believe a culture change was needed but with all the players and staff leaving it's just a bad look. I'll probably go back to the basketball forum after this, though.

Too much drama when it's basketball and gymnastics season and we should be enjoying those programs succeed.

• Like 2

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Not sure Pat Dye would have made it a year either with some of the kids these days. Soft as butter. 

I like to say soft as baby powder but I'll accept butter! 

11 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Corn was a lazy WR coach and needed to be fired.  Harsin's biggest mistake was not understanding to ramifications of cutting off our s***ty beat writers.  

You don’t even know the way the guy coached…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry man.  The over 41 and older crowd need to just let these kids handle social media

from this old geezer.....social media is half of the problem.  today, society in general.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

There are powerful people out there with a lot of money and larger egos. They want to have their way and they are willing to do things to hurt AU and anyone who stands in their way if that is what it takes to get their way.

One such example was the unfounded rumor a couple of years back that CGM had agreed to lesser buyout to keep his job. If you look closely, deeply, you will find more. These people have media pawns and even forum posters to promote  their agenda.

I have said multiple times, I was not if favor of firing CGM. However, for some reason, nobody asked me, LOL. Regardless, CBH is our coach and we should all be 100% behind him until such a time there is evidence, beyond a disappointing first year, to do so. 

I know not what is going on, there may be a real problem with CBH. There may also be people manufacturing evidence to get their way. We need to search for the former and be very wary of the latter. We can't allow the latter to rule our actions and loyalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks for posting these. I want to hear all sides.

Interesting for sure.  I can definitely see where any player that gets processed for whatever reason, attitude, work ethic etc. is going to go out salty and have some animosity toward the coach responsible so the Lee Hunter jab isn't really unexpected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Was he thrown out if multiple games for the same thing??? Why couldn’t he learn from the first time? If he did as the poster that I replied to, then he is a clown and you’re a clown for supporting his behavior!

Okay are we really saying targeting has been fairly called or enforced across CFB all year? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s a shot across the bow aimed at the boosters for sure. 

I respect what he's saying, but the guy isn't recruiting well, has a losing record and is losing players left and right. If he's the right guy to turn this program around, the pulse ain't looking so good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Yes he was, but if I remember correctly, all but one of the targeting calls were total garbage calls. One was tossed during a game. Wasn't one made after the play by Bham? Am I remembering correctly that it was Smoke who was called on the pivotal play in the MSU game that might well have ended the game for MSU? Monday was no clown, he played hard. 

• Like 1

Lee and Smoke's posts basically say the same thing. That he's got a winning mentality but doesn't connect with players and understand their backgrounds. I get that, but that's also not a huge scandal that will have a 30/30 one day.

Hell, it's probably not enough to fire him for cause at all. They better have more on him if they're going to do it or he will take us to the cleaners, and rightfully so 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It was apparently a poorly designed joke. We're the "whatever" generation

Gen-X.png

I think Smoke’s post kind of reiterates what people have been saying about Harsin’s relationship building skills. 

It sounds like there’s definitely a split locker room.

17 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Corn was a lazy WR coach and needed to be fired.  Harsin's biggest mistake was not understanding to ramifications of cutting off our s***ty beat writers.  

13 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I am really upset on how people on here and other outlets have repeated rumors about Harsin's personal life.  Fire him if he doesn't hit metrics for his job. That is reasonable. Lost a ton of faith in our fanbase dropping so low on a personal level.  Not sure I want to be apart of this.  

I'm losing faith in our fan base as well

I wish I could see Harsins laid out plan to get us where he thinks we need to be.  The consensus throughout has been it is a great detailed plan.  Just wish I could see what he is trying to do.  Maybe it can change a perspective.