Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

The Idaho Takeover of Auburn Football is comlplete. Harsins dad will fill Ethridges’ recruiting coordinator role as he breaks his college 40 time running to Athens. WDE!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Why didn’t they fire him then?

There are several hundred pages of messages on the topic. My takeaway is that they don't want to spend $18 million to do it right now when they're still paying Gus's buyout, the administration is in flux- new pres starts in May and ADAG reportedly won't be retained- and they likely don't have the kind of slam dunk hire that would justify the expense and risk lined up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you really had Hugh on the line, and 18M (plus Hugh’s money) and bad optics prevented you from upgrading the HC position, then clearly it wasn’t all about trying to improve the football program 

It so weird. PTB is usually spot on in my period. I look like a fool promoting freeze. Thank goodness I tried to clean it up yesterday haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

There are several hundred pages of messages on the topic. My takeaway is that they don't want to spend $18 million to do it right now when they're still paying Gus's buyout, the administration is in flux- new pres starts in May and ADAG reportedly won't be retained- and they likely don't have the kind of slam dunk hire that would justify the expense and risk lined up. 

My issues is that they knew all of this before all the hoopla about nothing. If half of this stuff was true they would have fired him with cause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So we are going the slow and painful route huh? Man.....

Bro, I will believe for both of us. Let's get him into some sensitivity classes to start. Change up a few things, mediate with guys about the NIL. The key is both sides got to drop the EGOs. One thing that gives me a hint of faith is the players who had constructive criticism never down played his coaching abilities . He needs to modify that personality. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And the discourse around it... lordy, it's going to be miserable.

Like, when this guy continues to do his job in the exact same way he did it before this stuff... and when it continues to yield the exact same results... these people are going to blame Auburn for meddling. Just for beginners.

And it's already stealing so much shine from basketball. That might be the worst part. Soooooo many people are going to be talking about this guy when one of the best, most fun coaches in college sports is right across the street hanging banners. 

I'm actually mad at myself now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He'll be fired during our BYE week.  We'll be 2-5 and have 4 3* commits

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

RoLL ON! 

wild-turkey.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He'll be fired during our BYE week.  We'll be 2-5 and have 4 3* commits

Ugh. He's even gonna ruin the "How you gonna get fired on your day off" meme?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Doesn't matter. Harsin hasn't been competing against those guys anyway. 

Mason was, but...

I’m talking every coach.  Those are just the 2 biggest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Fun fact a cousin of mine who was actually from Florence played basketball at grissom. He was something of a State legend. His nickname was man child. Incredible athlete. Well it turns out his little brother was Reggie Ragland who played for Bob Jones then bammer and now the NFL

Are you talking about Chris White?

I actually worked out at the gym Reggie was training at in Madison.  I am pretty sure Scott Cothran’s S&C was nothing compared to what Andy put Reggie through 😂  He is the truth and honestly I’m shocked he’s still just around Madison and hasn’t been pursued by a program for full time S&C. Of course that may not be his goal but he would be dang good at it. 

Reggie was a good kid at Bob Jones, super well liked around Madison.  

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The lame duck Coach route that lead to an apathetic fanbase waiting for the the coach to be fired.  Can't say it's not a new feeling for us Auburn fans.

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

So how many are not really gonna be paying attention this fall or atleast emotionally? I will be one of those. Just saying. I'm done till Harsin is gone. 

Will just be counting down the days until basketball season starts like I have for the past few seasons. 

• Like 2

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Will just be counting down the days until basketball season starts like I have for the past few seasons. 

Same man, out of all of this I'm so so glad we have Pearl to save us somewhat. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ask loof, dag, dual, bird potatoes, rand, wed, tigerbelle etc we may disagree now and then but it's not personal. I won't ever just disrespect you as a man or woman or nothing like that. I'll talk joke be cordial all of that. I like having a good time.

I really don't mean anything when I disagree. We disagree talk about it and move on. It seems I have the most problems from people watching from the outside and I guess they make it be I'm some personal bring you down guy.

We can disagree and then joke and laugh the very next post. Give me a try you'll see!

Aww you remember! For me, every disagreement is an opportunity to learn. In fact, I think you were one of the first people I ever had a disagreement with, waaaay back during the Sean White days. I don’t remember what it was about and I’m not sure I want to lol. Respected ya ever since. But yeah, I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. Chances are high that I can either learn something I didn’t know or I can learn more about the person and find out we have more in common than I thought (ie: @Tigerpro2a, @DAG, you). It’s when that someone gets an attitude that I’ll be a different person. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I’ve come to respect every poster I’ve ever blown up on, except for one recent one that has yet to redeem himself. 

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So how many are not really gonna be paying attention this fall or atleast emotionally? I will be one of those. Just saying. I'm done till Harsin is gone. 

No you are not buddy lol. Spring fever will hit you!