Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So how many are not really gonna be paying attention this fall or atleast emotionally? I will be one of those. Just saying. I'm done till Harsin is gone. 

I should've been listening to @GwillMac6 and a few others all along. The focus should be on basketball. And that's not a joke or a shot or anything like that. Just stating that basketball has earned our full attention and we should give it to them. They have a legit shot at winning a national championship next month. I'm sure the sports gods will break our hearts once again but that shouldn't prevent us from throwing everything we've got behind the effort.

That forum should be seeing the traffic this one is. I'm as guilty as anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No you are not buddy lol. Spring fever will hit you!

Yeah for Baseball 😁 in fact that's already hit me, I'm so ready for my Red Sox and Auburn to play. 

I wish I could agree Dag but I'm just done with this mess. I don't want to see us fail miserably next year. It already hurts that my beloved Uni is doing this but damn I can't handle another season of football or recruiting like it is. 

Edited by autiger88

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Aww you remember! For me, every disagreement is an opportunity to learn. In fact, I think you were one of the first people I ever had a disagreement with, waaaay back during the Sean White days. I don’t remember what it was about and I’m not sure I want to lol. Respected ya ever since. But yeah, I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. Chances are high that I can either learn something I didn’t know or I can learn more about the person and find out we have more in common than I thought (ie: @Tigerpro2a, @DAG, you). It’s when that someone gets an attitude that I’ll be a different person. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I’ve come to respect every poster I’ve ever blown up on, except for one recent one that has yet to redeem himself. 

giphy.gif

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

S/O to my guy @AuMarine, He also gets my insider tag and low key been predicting this all the way, while also being objective.

Not an insider at all.. Just been around this program a long time.. this has played out before with other coaches.. rinse and repeat. The coaches have changed but the common denominator has not. 

Edited by AuMarine

I support whomever the current Auburn coach is as I have done from the start and believe me there have been much worse situations.  I am going to assume that he and the players that supported him and there were many as evidenced on Twitter are going to play with a chip on their shoulders.  I believe we have good players on the roster especially on defense and we have 5 quarterbacks, I am also assuming one will step up.  There is still a chance we grab some players in the spring that will be needed for next year.  As an AU fan I am and have always had to be an extreme optimist, nothing has really changed.😊

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So how many are not really gonna be paying attention this fall or atleast emotionally? I will be one of those. Just saying. I'm done till Harsin is gone. 

Man, give the man a chance. It is obvious by how many players we have returning that the players like him. Not to mention Smoke and Kobe talking about how good of a football coach he is. He may have some improvement to do on his people skills, but if we fire a coach after every sub-par year and never give them a chance to build a program from the ground up, we will be mediocre for a long time. As an Auburn fan I think you have to support the head coach. Harsin has done nothing but had (as far as we know) false accusations thrown at him. Not to mention the early signing day everyone was thrilled about at the time.  Not saying he is the next Nick Saban but the man deserves a few years to prove himself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm fine with it.  I hope he can change his ways and learn to get along with others as it's insinuated he has trouble with.  Not sure what the point is now of continuing to be miserable, let's support him and hope he can bring in some OL and WR to play.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

Man, give the man a chance. It is obvious by how many players we have returning that the players like him. Not to mention Smoke and Kobe talking about how good of a football coach he is. He may have some improvement to do on his people skills, but if we fire a coach after every sub-par year and never give them a chance to build a program from the ground up, we will be mediocre for a long time. As an Auburn fan I think you have to support the head coach. Harsin has done nothing but had (as far as we know) false accusations thrown at him. Not to mention the early signing day everyone was thrilled about at the time.  Not saying he is the next Nick Saban but the man deserves a few years to prove himself.

Ummm 🧐 you haven't been paying much attention have you? Dude can't recruit 😂 but you go ahead and give him time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Ummm 🧐 you haven't been paying much attention have you? Dude can't recruit 😂 but you go ahead and give him time. 

Did I miss the official announcement that he  is staying?

Just now, autiger88 said:

Dude can't recruit? We landed the top JUCO player overall, top JUCO corner, and one of the top JUCO. safeties. Also stole a couple of LSU's top recruits. Give him some time and we will see what the 23 class shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Are you talking about Chris White?

I actually worked out at the gym Reggie was training at in Madison.  I am pretty sure Scott Cothran’s S&C was nothing compared to what Andy put Reggie through 😂  He is the truth and honestly I’m shocked he’s still just around Madison and hasn’t been pursued by a program for full time S&C. Of course that may not be his goal but he would be dang good at it. 

Reggie was a good kid at Bob Jones, super well liked around Madison.  

Yes Chris white. There's actually a total of 5 brothers but yes they are originally from Florence. Chris is the first person I saw recruited for high school. And you may not believe me but I promise you I'm not exaggerating to make the story interesting Chris could dunk in 6th grade. He was dunking 2 hands consistently in 7th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

Dude can't recruit? We landed the top JUCO player overall, top JUCO corner, and one of the top JUCO. safeties. Also stole a couple of LSU's top recruits. Give him some time and we will see what the 23 class shows.

I'm not about to get into all what was said throughout this whole thing man, it's ok move on from me. I'm done with Harsin, it's as simple as that. 

Edited by autiger88

18 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Aww you remember! For me, every disagreement is an opportunity to learn. In fact, I think you were one of the first people I ever had a disagreement with, waaaay back during the Sean White days. I don’t remember what it was about and I’m not sure I want to lol. Respected ya ever since. But yeah, I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. Chances are high that I can either learn something I didn’t know or I can learn more about the person and find out we have more in common than I thought (ie: @Tigerpro2a, @DAG, you). It’s when that someone gets an attitude that I’ll be a different person. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I’ve come to respect every poster I’ve ever blown up on, except for one recent one that has yet to redeem himself. 

Out of likes but yes I remember. My thing is if I was so bad or what they say I wouldn't be cool with all these different people after the fact. 

I take responsibility how I first come off and I actually try to work on that but when I'm cool with someone you really have a friend. It's not fake I really do enjoy talking football and just joking and having fun

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

He had BETTER create relationships with high schools because until a couple weeks ago it has been ZIP.

• Like 1