Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I made a post saying the older guys needed to stay off of Twitter. A week later I saw somebody posting a tweet thinking it was a certain person when clearly it was a parody account. I couldn't do anything but laugh

I’m old I stay in my lane.. I stay off Twitter 😆

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Not sure Pat Dye would have made it a year either with some of the kids these days. Soft as butter. 

It is clearly a different style that is now required to coach major programs.  Of course, I find the same issues in my work, the workforce has just changed.  I was happy to have a job and the opportunity , not so much with today’s employees.  And in many ways I understand. Companies and athletic programs haven’t always done the right things for employees, stockholders, athletes, fiscal responsibility and the fans.  But,  Bruce seems to have figured it out though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Not sure Pat Dye would have made it a year either with some of the kids these days. Soft as butter. 

I would say it’s 50/50 because pretty much nothing that was done 10 or 20 years is done today. Most kids are a product of what actual is allowed now. Just like most of us that’s older wouldn’t be bothered by the hard nosed approach I think most of our parents would be in jail if todays law applied back then.

Edited by e808
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Still don't see how any reasonable person could think Gus should have stayed. The Harsin hire is unrelated. There is no doubt it was last due time for a change. '

You are correct, those are two separate issues, the CGM thing is a matter of opinion and "reasonable person" is relative. However, my point there was not to debate the firing, but rather to say, even though it is not what I would have done, I am 100% on board with CBH as we all should be until we see some solid evidence otherwise (other than a bad first year which "reasonable people" should have expected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Lee and Smoke's posts basically say the same thing. That he's got a winning mentality but doesn't connect with players and understand their backgrounds. I get that, but that's also not a huge scandal that will have a 30/30 one day.

Hell, it's probably not enough to fire him for cause at all. They better have more on him if they're going to do it or he will take us to the cleaners, and rightfully so 

Yup.  There is a connection issue, which ppl have tried to explain but met with a ton of resistance.

smoke.thumb.jpg.83bf46f3bc90515adaab31034e19cce4.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yup.  There is a connection issue, which ppl have tried to explain but met with a ton of resistance.

My evidence that was asked earlier.....I told you. Come to your insider Cole.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I thought there could be a mutiny, but now it seems it's more of a split. I have a ton of respect for Hall and Wooten as well. 

Just now, cole256 said:

My evidence that was asked earlier.....I told you. Come to your insider Cole.

@DAGwhile you are working on my insider badge, please add user Cole to your backlog. 

Thank you,

A fellow Insider

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

That made zero sense 

??? If someone is a coach, and you call them a lazy coach, don’t you think you’d need to have SOME idea of the way the guy is coaching to say that? That never appeared to you?

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

I would say it’s 50/50 because pretty much nothing that was done 10 or 20 years is done today. Most kids are a product of what actual is allowed now. Just like most of us that’s older wouldn’t be bothered by the hard nosed approach I think most of our parents would be in jail if todays law applied back then.

And it’s also plenty of all time greaters that seemed to adjust. If you can’t adjust, you get phased out, that’s how it’s worked for the players under his tenure and how it should also work for the coaches (just in a general sense)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m old I stay in my lane.. I stay off Twitter 😆

I was talking to my mom the other day and she accidentally posted something on Facebook and she was asking me how to delete it. After I explained it to her she said that's why old folks shouldn't be on social media. Love you bye and hung up

😂😂

• Haha 3

I put a lot more stake in comments from guys like hall and wooten compared to former players that transferred out. You cant build football teams around guys that do not want to be coached. We live in a soft generation. Harsin has a lot to prove in terms of offensive line play, but I want a tough smashmouth football team.  I want tough players, not cry babies that run to twitter when a coach chews them out and holds them accountable. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@DAGwhile you are working on my insider badge, please add user Cole to your backlog. 

Thank you,

A fellow Insider

What's even funnier is I've been sitting on this for over a month because I didn't want to start any fights and get kicked off

If.....

The PTB have brought up false allegations just to force Harsin out .. wow 

I don’t think you can fire him with cause if he’s abrasive and not liked by some players. Fire him? Yes without cause? No

• Like 1

Harsin's statement is a very good sign. Wants to stay. Sounds like he is willing to fight to do so. Which means he's likely innocent of wrongdoing. 

Those saying he might leave because he's unwanted. I think the opposite. I think it'll make him want to stay even more. To spite those who tried to get rid of him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, selias said:

How many times do our actual knowledgeable insiders have to say that Steele was never a candidate?

One more buddy bc this is the first time I have read that, guess I was out of the loop when that was discussed 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If.....

The PTB have brought up false allegations just to force Harsin out .. wow 

I don’t think you can fire him with cause if he’s abrasive and not liked by some players. Fire him? Yes without cause? No

Really sounding like this is the case