Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And it’s also plenty of all time greaters that seemed to adjust. If you can’t adjust, you get phased out, that’s how it’s worked for the players under his tenure and how it should also work for the coaches (just in a general sense)

Mike Singletary is the biggest one for me. His tenure at San Francisco didn’t age well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If.....

The PTB have brought up false allegations just to force Harsin out .. wow 

I don’t think you can fire him with cause if he’s abrasive and not liked by some players. Fire him? Yes without cause? No

Literally exactly my entire point I've tried to make about our boosters...but some aren't seeing that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Okay are we really saying targeting has been fairly called or enforced across CFB all year? 

No…the OP stated that Smoke’s behavior (targeting?) was due to him not buying into Harsin. If that’s the case, I said then he’s a clown! My reply was in context to the OPs post…

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Lee Hunter isn’t backing down either. 

AC737F8D-46F8-4E1E-950F-57DF72A81711.jpeg

And one thing we’re discussing rn elsewhere, the players that are here but are discontent are probably scared to say something. Some would’ve just taken the lashings, put their head down and kept trudging along. I agree it can’t be “soft”, but there’s a fine line and based on the staff mishaps, half a roster’s worth of attrition, and the discussion now, I have to at least think Harsin teeters that line 

• Like 1

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

No…the OP stated that Smoke’s behavior (targeting?) was due to him not buying into Harsin. If that’s the case, I said then he’s a clown! My reply was in context to the OPs post…

It’s stupid of you to believe this to begin with. Logically it’s just stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

??? If someone is a coach, and you call them a lazy coach, don’t you think you’d need to have SOME idea of the way the guy is coaching to say that? That never appeared to you?

Well, it is well documented he could not get his guys aligned and on the field.   He was a complete disaster recruiting.  He certainly did not deserve to be paid 300k for what he was providing 

• Like 2

If it is the PTB that may explain what is happening with recruiting. Other teams have NIL money and our big boys are not ponying up so that puts Harsin in a bad spot.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Harsin's statement is a very good sign. Wants to stay. Sounds like he is willing to fight to do so. Which means he's likely innocent of wrongdoing. 

Or he knows there is a lot of money on the line to lose and knows he's going to be fired but has been advised to call bluffs and let the attorneys prove the allegations.

Either way, this is getting brutally ugly and it's unlikely he remains the head coach. 

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If.....

The PTB have brought up false allegations just to force Harsin out .. wow 

I don’t think you can fire him with cause if he’s abrasive and not liked by some players. Fire him? Yes without cause? No

Yep that was my point too. To fire for cause I'd think it would have to be something pretty significant. Sex scandal, racial slurs or discrimination, or abuse of players and staff. It sounds like he's a d*** to everyone, and not connecting with players is not abuse. There would have to be more it seems

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

Well, it is well documented he could not get his guys aligned and on the field.   He was a complete disaster recruiting.  He certainly did not deserve to be paid 300k for what he was providing 

Actually that was debunked. And after he was gone we still had problems. 

Where did you see he was a complete disaster in recruiting. When he left we actually lost our recruiting connections in Alabama

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Harsin's statement is a very good sign. Wants to stay. Sounds like he is willing to fight to do so. Which means he's likely innocent of wrongdoing. 

Those saying he might leave because he's unwanted. I think the opposite. I think it'll make him want to stay even more. To spite those who tried to get rid of him.

This reminds me of the Hoosiers movie.. Folks wanted the new coach fired cause he wouldn't listen to fans.  Was a hard A$$ and did it his way... Who is our Jimmy Chitwood?

44 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Good grief, how does anyone expect boosters NOT to have a "hand in things", especially in the NIL era, at ANY school?? That's the common sense you and everyone else here screaming for the PTB to pay the latest buyout, to pay whatever it takes to get the next hot coach or player should have. 

Kirby didn't take the AU job because he refused to believe that we would not be under severe sanctions for Cam, because he wanted to wait on UGA, and last of all, because he insisted on leaving bammer on his own timeline, to heck with our recruiting needs. He was never going to be AU's HC, no matter what we did to get him. 

Jesus, some of you aren't seeing what point I'm trying to make. Yes. I agree that and get that.

It's the shite being stirred with our boosters, like this affair thing some people are starting to say started with the higher ups. Boosters will be involved but not to this extent. 

and buddy go back and see what I have said. You are dead wrong. I not have once said I want him gone. Check yourself. I like BH hard nosed approach and have said in other threads he has brought a sense of accountability that's been lacking. 

Edited by TAYLORKEETON

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And one thing we’re discussing rn elsewhere, the players that are here but are discontent are probably scared to say something. Some would’ve just taken the lashings, put their head down and kept trudging along. I agree it can’t be “soft”, but there’s a fine line and based on the staff mishaps, half a roster’s worth of attrition, and the discussion now, I have to at least think Harsin teeters that line 

Bingo. You’re not sticking your neck out unless you’re ready to leave. 

If nobody knows of Lee Hunter, he’s been stated to be “softer.” Not gonna argue that. But he bled Burnt Orange and Navy. He wanted to be at auburn and only auburn. Made sense for him to transfer to Gus imo. 

Smoke’s character seems to be getting chastised because he took targeting calls? He’s speaking freely without repercussions, even believed to have a decent relationship with Harsin. He’s stating what he saw and what he believed.

Nobody is arguing that a coach can’t be a hardass/a**hole, but part of your job is to build a relationship with your players to where they believe when you’re dog cussing them, you’re doing it for their benefit, not to berate them.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

My evidence that was asked earlier.....I told you. Come to your insider Cole.

Do you think the surrounding area comes into play with that? Like Alabama, Georgia, Florida, some of our guys come from parts of them that are ALOT different than what Harsin has seen. Without being able to get to deep into the demographics, you think that’s been part of it? 

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Those saying he might leave because he's unwanted. I think the opposite. I think it'll make him want to stay even more. To spite those who tried to get rid of him.

Well, I think he’s doing the right thing either way for himself, but if he doesn’t fight it and lay down, the optics of that would make him completely unhireable for a similar job down the road. He doesn’t really have another option lol 

• Like 1

Like clockwork, Auburn has something great happening (basketball) and the media runs with the most negative stories they can get their hands on. Not one single substantive piece of anything has come out and been discussed. This thread is just people discussing rumors of rumors propagating something that is likely not even real. 

If Harsin gets let go without cause, does anyone actually think AU will be able to pull in an upgrade? Would be home-run hires have already turned AU down because of this type of stuff that is constantly happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Since not all of you boomers have Twitter 🙄

It’s not just gonna blowing away

Well last night it seemed like a foregone conclusion that they would announce his termination today at the meeting. That makes it seem like he and the General are going to lead a fair investigation and that no decisions have been made

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Actually that was debunked. And after he was gone we still had problems. 

Where did you see he was a complete disaster in recruiting. When he left we actually lost our recruiting connections in Alabama

Job related.  As in mine.  

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Do you think the surrounding area comes into play with that? Like Alabama, Georgia, Florida, some of our guys come from parts of them that are ALOT different than what Harsin has seen. Without being able to get to deep into the demographics, you think that’s been part of it? 

Actually you're a great person to have this discussion with. I'm sure you know if there's a white guy that embraces our culture just a little he's usually welcomed with open arms. Say the white guy that has a nice handle, or the white guy who joins the black frat. 

It's sort of like that. Everybody can know you're a little foreign but just show you're down and you are interested and open. If you do that it wouldn't even matter.

People love to use the Saban yells but he's successful. They forget the part where saban is at the house doing the Cupid shuffle or when he's walking arm and arm saying he cares.....meanwhile our coach wore the football matters shirt and wants to be a drill sergeant but not be concerned about anything else.....that matters

• Love 1