Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As opposed to 20 other guys are lying?

I think the truth is found somewhere in the middle of this, maybe leaning more to one side than another.

The biggest thing that any player has said that stuck out to me was Smoke:s comment about CBH not even speaking to Smoke's parents since he arrived. 

That's gotta change. 

Edited by AuburnEagle79
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think it’s just guys with different perspectives. It’s bound to happen with such a large group and a personality like Harsin. 

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Didn’t Wooten sit out last year. A very interesting take would be the point of view from Zakoby. This almost seems like a shot at Twill or Steele because Gus didn’t really bother the defensive of the ball

He sat out 2020 for Covid and being a new parent during that mess. He played this past season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Honestly their opinion doesn’t hold the same weight with me as guys who are here. I could be wrong but that’s how I feel

I guess that would depend on why they left.

I smell a rat. The AU Leadership needs to get to the bottom of this and root out the source (s). They need to go and not be allowed around the program. History is repeating itself over and over again and it took the NCAA to control Bobby Lowder the last time. This is a terrible look for the university I love.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s a helluva of an assumption. We don’t know what type of player Hunter is. Just because he left doesn’t mean he is soft. His story is just beginning and we will find out what type of player he is. It’s seems there are two sides to this issue and hard to gauge who is right and who is wrong. Respectfully 

Honestly as far as the players go...there doesn't have to be and very well may not be a Wrong and Right side. 

What works for one player doesn't work for all players. It is also usually a mixed bag when a new coach comes into a team full of mostly players that weren't recruited by him so it doesn't surprise me in the least to see different factions inside the locker room on this issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Jay Gouge just said they are in the process of separating fact from fiction.

That's good with me. If he truly did engage in reprehensible behavior or abuse, then get him out. But I am completely opposed to one sided witch-hunts and hope that Gogue and Burgess have integrity and give him a fair investigation. That's all I ask

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think the truth is found somewhere in the middle of this, maybe leaning more to one side than another.

The biggest thing that any player has said that stuck out to me was Smoke:s comment about CBH not even speaking to Smoke's parents since he arrived. 

That's gotta change. 

He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between this job and Boise. And he seems unwilling to learn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

That's gotta change. 

That is weird because I could've sworn I've seen other parents tweeting about their respect for CBH. Everybody needs to stop being so pigeonhole. There are several variables to this and the answer is not black and white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between this job and Boise. And he seems unwilling to learn. 

Some coaches genuinely just want 100% football. That doesn't work. Even if this is some big ploy by the PTB and CBH stays, there is a lot of learning and adapting that must take place. 

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

20? Who are the 20? The transfers. I bet all 20 have different reasons for leaving not 1 like your assuming. 

This is why you should ask questions before talking. 

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Maybe an argument could be made that he doesn't yet fully understand the playing field he is on here, but to say he is unwilling to learn is a bit disingenuous. He has been here 14 months. I would argue it is FAR too early to make a determination about his willingness to learn. 

Just now, DAG said:

That is weird because I could've sworn I've seen other parents tweeting about their respect for CBH. Everybody needs to stop being so pigeonhole. There are several variables to this and the answer is not black and white.

I think the president's comment on separating fact from fiction is spot on. So many conflicting things on each side. 

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

That's gotta change. 

Exactly

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was talking to my mom the other day and she accidentally posted something on Facebook and she was asking me how to delete it. After I explained it to her she said that's why old folks shouldn't be on social media. Love you bye and hung up

😂😂

That's hilarious. Thanks for sharing.  My mom, can't do much on her phone.  She tried grocery pickup at Kroger.  When my sister went to pick up, mom had tried to order 60 packs of crackers  🙈

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Team seems split..  I agree,Whatever a players perception is on how they are being treated should be taken as true. 

If Harsin treats the players all the same way, that’s all we can ask.

If he doesn’t, all the players will sniff it out sooner rather than later and he won’t last.

1 minute ago, WarDamn2010 said:

His use of the word "had" is very concerning...

I read that as if he was referring to former staff with had....like we need a coach not a friend,,,a friend is what we had with the former staff. Maybe I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, OB4AU said:

I smell a rat. The AU Leadership needs to get to the bottom of this and root out the source (s). They need to go and not be allowed around the program. History is repeating itself over and over again and it took the NCAA to control Bobby Lowder the last time. This is a terrible look for the university I love.

Someone definitely ousted the mistress situation, but then again….the situation shouldn’t exist 😂 if he is explicitly hiring [people] to join our staff and have some pretend role for purported things like that, then that should’ve been addressed

If you know you’re dealing with devilish trustees, why give them ammo to work with? I guess we’ll see how true all that is though 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think the president's comment on separating fact from fiction is spot on. So many conflicting things on each side. 

Absolutely correct. I like to believe the truth is in the middle. Sandra Wooten went on a show and spoke highly of CBH after her interaction with him, and smoke is saying he never spoke to his parents. Probably truth in both but this is no reason to fire someone. There is a lot to unpack.

• Like 2