Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I read that as if he was referring to former staff with had....like we need a coach not a friend,,,a friend is what we had with the former staff. Maybe I am wrong.

I hope that's what he meant. Time will tell I suppose.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The truth is in the middle. Too much jumping out the window from both sides and I am also pointing at myself.

Thanks for that. We all should do that. MYself included

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have seen all the players posts and comments except McClain. What did he say?

Not sure exactly.  Someone just commented that he was just having his say on Instagram live a few minutes ago and he's on the anti-Harsin side.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Just his personality. He seems very set in his ways. His interactions with reporters. He’s not the kissing babies and shaking hands type of personality that you would expect as the face of program with Auburn’s clout. My experience is that people don’t become more amenable the longer they are on the job. 

CBH is the type of personality you are either going to love or hate it seems. The probably is and always will be he isn't winning. If we had won 8 or 9 games, none of this would be occurring. If it is the right thing to do, then do it, but not when you aren't getting your way.

• Like 2

When a coach comes in and has to change the culture, its usually a pretty rough ride for a bit.

When Dye came in, it was hell. But after a couple of years, it settled a bit and was not as bad. Winter workouts were only three days a week instead of five. But those who stayed were part of a new winning culture that they worked their ass off for. Coach Dye was not your buddy. But he was fair.

He'd be run off in today's society.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not sure exactly.  Someone just commented that he was just having his say on Instagram live a few minutes ago and he's on the anti-Harsin side.

I caught the very end but didn't hear anything worth mentioning. He was joined by Seth and Romello. 

25 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Its not an assumption. He posted on twitter about a team that he no longer plays for. He needs to worry about UCF.

So he has no right to speak on his experience on a team he just left.  People don’t have the right to talk about their experience with a former employer.

Edited by e808

Just now, bigbird said:

Notice no one is talking about a certain DUI...

Sure.  Because that's JABA too.  Sun Tzu said (paraphrased), never interrupt your opponent when they are committing suicide.  JABA says, "Hey everyone, watch me walk on this fence line like a balance beam, slip and rack my nuts for you."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Spoken out against Harsin:  Zakoby McLain

That's a really well liked player and I would think would get people to listen.  Zakoby has been a leader

There's zero doubt that Harsin is an a-hole. You can either take it or you can't. If you can't, you leave. I am of the belief that hard coaching makes you better. I do understand the concerns of connecting with players though and agree he needs to do that more if he hasn't 

Just now, WFE12 said:

Oh wow

The thing about this tweet is, Zakoby McClain was in the instagram live with Kobe, Hunter, Williams, and others. Ain't nobody calling Zakoby soft. I think there's a disconnect between Harsin and some of the players. I think Harsin needs to take a long look at how he does things and try to connect more to players. Kobe even said that if Harsin learned how to relate to players, he would be the next Saban."

It was also brought up that Harsin does nothing but talk football and not relationships, Smoke mentioned how Harsin had never had a conversation with either of his parents.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You not going to post anybody on the other side?

No reason for anyone to be picking sides right now.  Seems a bit odd to me.

1 minute ago, BizTiger said:

Dr. Chris Roberts just announced as new President. 

*Roberts looks around at the scorched earth on all sides.*

*resigns effective immediately*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, au302 said:

There's zero doubt that Harsin is an a-hole. You can either take it or you can't. If you can't, you leave. I am of the belief that hard coaching makes you better. I do understand the concerns of connecting with players though and agree he needs to do that more if he hasn't 

I'm all for it, but you better be an a-hole that is relatable and wins. 

A-holes on an island won't work. (Sounds like a bad review for Lost)

The only thing that really matters are if the original allegations are true.    The fact that some players liked him and some didn't is a distraction and just posturing from both sides.     Players take sides whenever a new coach comes in depending on their personal experience.     Happens every time.     Unless CBH has been putting players in unhealthy and dangerous situations, this is a non-issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

The thing about this tweet is, Zakoby McClain was in the instagram live with Kobe, Hunter, Williams, and others. Ain't nobody calling Zakoby soft. I think there's a disconnect between Harsin and some of the players. I think Harsin needs to take a long look at how he does things and try to connect more to players. Kobe even said that if Harsin learned how to relate to players, he would be the next Saban."

It was also brought up that Harsin does nothing but talk football and not relationships, Smoke mentioned how Harsin had never had a conversation with either of his parents.

Yeah that is the thing. The Anti-Harsin aren't really Anti-Harsin like posters are trying to make it seem. It sounds like they want to be treated as more than just football players, which is important. I agree you cannot be an a**hole all the time. Sometimes, you do need to be a friend, sometimes you do need to be a father figure but you also have to show accountability and boundaries. There does not need to be an extreme. I wish this could've been a team meeting and all sides could share this stuff. Fans just make this s*** worse. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Gotta be careful how I word this.....If the MAIN rumor is true and if it has truly been going on since Harsin coached at Boise, then it makes complete sense now why he keeps surrounding himself with Boise coaches. If those coaches knew about it going on at Boise and kept quiet, then that's probably why Harsin keeps bringing them on staff here at Auburn because they are cover for him. Kinda makes sense if this is true and there's alot of smoke right now for it to be just a rumor.

Meh. He's surrounding himself with Boise guys b/c he's working his vision/system. We tried bringing in SEC guys to mesh with him. It didn't work well. I agree with going with Boise guys 100%. If i'm going down, i'm going down my way. Why waste time and possibly loose your job bringing in more "names" and risking not being on the same page again. 

I think it has zero to do with covering for him no matter if the rumor is true or not. He's trying to implement his plan as soon as possible on a larger scale with more talented players. With all this mess going on, he knows he doesn't have a lot of time get this going in the right direction. 

And this is not comparing the two people for on the field results, just this is situation. How many times have you heard saban called a dictator over the years? Saban built that culture at Alabama before things got to the way they are now, imagine the stuff you would hear there if they weren't winning championships and getting guys to the league at the rate they are now. It's different for every person, but a lot of people on the opposite side will put up with things they normally wouldn't because they are winning and see they have good chance of getting paid life changing money.

• Like 1