TitanTiger

Just now, TitanTiger said:

*Roberts looks around at the scorched earth on all sides.*

*resigns effective immediately*

Auburn: "Jay Gogue named interim effective immediately"

Jay Gogue: "You've gotta be kidding?"

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Actually you're a great person to have this discussion with. I'm sure you know if there's a white guy that embraces our culture just a little he's usually welcomed with open arms. Say the white guy that has a nice handle, or the white guy who joins the black frat. 

It's sort of like that. Everybody can know you're a little foreign but just show you're down and you are interested and open. If you do that it wouldn't even matter.

People love to use the Saban yells but he's successful. They forget the part where saban is at the house doing the Cupid shuffle or when he's walking arm and arm saying he cares.....meanwhile our coach wore the football matters shirt and wants to be a drill sergeant but not be concerned about anything else.....that matters

I get that. I mean from my perspective, Saban is only doing it for recruiting. I don't think its genuine. 

However, if a guy doesn't do that, is he ostracized? Does he not deserve the 100% effort? I thought football brings people together but I guess it doesn't. I wish Harsin would do that, but it doesn't mean he's shouldn't be the football coach if he doesn't.  Sorry to chime in, but people have mentioned it without really talking about it

Edited by Randman5000

So Harsin is a dick who doesn’t listen to 18-22 year olds opinions?  Maybe doesn’t listen to the coordinators either?  This is what is causing all the problems?  Unless he’s banging that staffer this is a non story that Auburn is embarrassing itself with.  Dude won 10-11 games a year and multiple conference championships at his previous stop with this attitude.  I don’t care if he took over for Peterson, he kept it going at a small school in Idaho.  This is why we can’t have nice things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not sure exactly.  Someone just commented that he was just having his say on Instagram live a few minutes ago and he's on the anti-Harsin side.

Man I just listened to that Instagram Live and it’s pretty wild. 

They LOVE Gus as a coach because of the relationship he built with the players. Smoke was pretty forward about how Harsin didn’t care to build relationship as people, just a coach and player. Which I thought they had a good point. Not everybody plays, not everybody will go to the league, a lot of them come from bad backgrounds, he doesn’t care about growing as men, we wants them to grow as football players. 

Smoke also said how he felt as the team was really tight when Gus left, and it’s why nobody really transferred out because they all had each other’s backs. But that changed throughout the course of the season with Harsin, said the team’s bond was broken by the end of the season. 

But they all agreed, they believe Harsin is a GREAT football coach and can be the next Nick Saban— if he learned how to build relationships with his players and not be an a**hole. 

I think I have more but my mind is still trying to comprehend everything they talked about. Smoke was the most vocal between the graduates. Lee and Kobe were pretty much on the same boat. 

Oh, Truesdell and Bo’s leaving were very much on Harsin. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

So Harsin is a dick who doesn’t listen to 18-22 year olds opinions?  Maybe doesn’t listen to the coordinators either?  This is what is causing all the problems?  Unless he’s banging that staffer this is a non story that Auburn is embarrassing itself with.  Dude won 10-11 games a year and multiple conference championships at his previous stop with this attitude.  I don’t care if he took over for Peterson, he kept it going at a small school in Idaho.  This is why we can’t have nice things.

I think they technically said dictator, but they definitely meant a Richard. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

From an outside perspective, we want to win without putting in the hard work and helping rebuild a program because some thought we didn't need a rebuild. we were fine, we just needed someone out there on Saturdays calling 'good plays'.  I really don't buy this inappropriate relationship, sounds like a phishing scam. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

I get that. I mean from my perspective, Saban is only doing it for recruiting. I don't think its genuine. 

However, if a guy doesn't do that, is he ostracized? Does he not deserve the 100% effort? I thought football brings people together but I guess it doesn't. I wish Harsin would do that, but it doesn't mean he's shouldn't be the football coach if he doesn't.  

No it just mean you can't preach the family stuff and I love you stuff. Which will lead to a team not as close and probably leads to a mediocre team. And of course a team that does have that will be the team most will go pay for.

As far as saban he's been there a while and haven't had this....

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

They LOVE Gus as a coach because of the relationship he built with the players. Smoke was pretty forward about how Harsin didn’t care to build relationship as people, just a coach and player. Which I thought they had a good point. Not everybody plays, not everybody will go to the league, a lot of them come from bad backgrounds, he doesn’t care about growing as men, we wants them to grow as football players. 

Smoke also said how he felt as the team was really tight when Gus left, and it’s why nobody really transferred out because they all had each other’s backs. But that changed throughout the course of the season with Harsin, said the team’s bond was broken by the end of the season. 

But they all agreed, they believe Harsin is a GREAT football coach and can be the next Nick Saban— if he learned how to build relationships with his players and not be an a**hole. 

I think I have more but my mind is still trying to comprehend everything they talked about. Smoke was the most vocal between the graduates. Lee and Kobe were pretty much on the same boat. 

So again it's two extremes from both sides. Gus's action was his ultimate undoing and it showed. CBH action possibly could be his. There needs to be a middle ground in leadership lol. Sounds like we need some leadership course but I am just an anonymous spectator on a board.

1 minute ago, Taco said:

This right here. I always like bringing it back to Bruce. He is a hardass who screams, gets angry, makes the kids work very hard but he also connects with them. He respects them, he treats them like family. Every one of our players would run through a wall for Bruce. Harsin just doesn't do that from what I've gathered. He only cares about football and not the connections you need to have players think of themselves as a family.

I really hope that if he stays, he takes a long hard look and assesses that maybe what he did at Boise isn't gonna work here. It's a different environment and a different upbringing for these young men. If he doesn't self reflect and adapt, you'll lose out on more players like Zakoby.

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm all for it, but you better be an a-hole that is relatable and wins. 

A-holes on an island won't work. (Sounds like a bad review for Lost)

To paraphrase a quote I once heard:

Just because a person has hair like Einstein doesn't make him a genius

Just because a coach is an a-hole doesn't make him  Nick Saban

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

You have players in leadership positions and never take any input, that's never going to work out.

I listen to my team members all the time.  Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree.  What's the point of having team leaders if you just dismiss everything they say?  That's not good leadership

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So Harsin is a dick who doesn’t listen to 18-22 year olds opinions?  Maybe doesn’t listen to the coordinators either?  This is what is causing all the problems?  Unless he’s banging that staffer this is a non story that Auburn is embarrassing itself with.  Dude won 10-11 games a year and multiple conference championships at his previous stop with this attitude.  I don’t care if he took over for Peterson, he kept it going at a small school in Idaho.  This is why we can’t have 

53 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Jesus, some of you aren't seeing what point I'm trying to make. Yes. I agree that and get that.

It's the shite being stirred with our boosters, like this affair thing some people are starting to say started with the higher ups. Boosters will be involved but not to this extent. 

and buddy go back and see what I have said. You are dead wrong. I not have once said I want him gone. Check yourself. I like BH hard nosed approach and have said in other threads he has brought a sense of accountability that's been lacking. 

Out of likes. Agree.

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

However, if a guy doesn't do that, is he ostracized? Does he not deserve the 100% effort? I thought football brings people together but I guess it doesn't. I wish Harsin would do that, but it doesn't mean he's shouldn't be the football coach if he doesn't.  Sorry to chime in, but people have mentioned it without really talking about it

Most of Saban's players love him.  There's nothing fake about him

If Harsin stays, he has to improve his relationship building. Not only with players and staff, but also with the high school coaches in the surrounding areas. I know for a fact that he has never stepped foot at Thompson High School.  There is a reason only 2 of the top 20 players in the state showed up for junior day. And it isn't just bc it was scheduled the same day as Bamas. It was originally scheduled for the Saturday before but was moved for lack of participation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So again it's two extremes from both sides. Gus's action was his ultimate undoing and it showed. CBH action possibly could be his. There needs to be a middle ground in leadership lol. Sounds like we need some leadership course but I am just an anonymous spectator on a board.

It's literally what I said that pissed everybody off. He needs to embrace, show interest, or whatever you want to call it as far as black culture. They don't feel like he care about them.

Once again my two rules play the best player

Show the players you care and you have their best interest. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think it also goes back to an Auburn feeling too. I think “family” is a big thing to Auburn grads, current students, and especially student-athletes. 

Smoke called out Harsin specifically for not even knowing his mom’s name or even trying to build relationships with his or any of the parents players. That’s what Gus and Chiz and even TT was known for. They went that extra mile. I graduated with Orlando Brown Jr. and during his recruitment I remember him telling me Chiz and Auburn literally made him feel like he was joining a family not just a football program. 

Edited by Taco
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Most of Saban's players love him.  There's nothing fake about him

I believe he believes it. But he knows how to play the game, out there in his penny loafers

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I think it also goes back to an Auburn feeling too. I think “family” is a big thing to Auburn grads, current students, and especially student-athletes. 

Smoke called out Harsin specifically for not even know his mom’s name or even trying to build relationships with his or any of the parents players. That’s what Gus and Chiz and even TT was known for. They went that extra mile. I graduated with Orlando Brown Jr. and during his recruitment I remember him telling me Chiz and Auburn literally made him feel like he was joining a family not just a football program. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It's literally what I said that pissed everybody off. He needs to embrace, show interest, or whatever you want to call it as far as black culture. They don't feel like he care about them.

Once again my two rules play the best player

Show the players you care and you have their best interest. 

Yeah this seems like the clear downfall right here. Not against the culture change but this is the biggest assessment right here and it is easily adaptable if the party is willing.

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well McClain spoke against. Nobody trumps him right?

I wasn’t ignoring you, I had a customer come in. I’m not sure one trumps the other. It sounds like to me CBH needs to work on his people skills a touch. My main concern is the sex scandal. If it isn’t true then we have someone trying to torch from within. As far as player’s opinion and which ones matter the most, you have to decide that for yourself. I’m not sure until I find out what is true or not, that I should be even having an opinion one way or the other to be honest.