Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

I think it also goes back to an Auburn feeling too. I think “family” is a big thing to Auburn grads, current students, and especially student-athletes. 

Smoke called out Harsin specifically for not even knowing his mom’s name or even trying to build relationships with his or any of the parents players. That’s what Gus and Chiz and even TT was known for. They went that extra mile. I graduated with Orlando Brown Jr. and during his recruitment I remember him telling me Chiz and Auburn literally made him feel like he was joining a family not just a football program. 

Can't preach "Auburn Family" on every single thing ever and then not try to have personal connections with players/staff. If he stays, that has to change from here on out.

• Like 2

The kind of kid that is willing to move to Boise, Idaho and grind for a hardass is not the same kind that comes to Auburn surrounded by poachers telling them how green the grass is on their campus. 

If Harsin survives this, he has to tweak his approach and build an AU football family. Our best teams have had amazing chemistry.

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 1

I don't see the point of posting one particular side. We know both sides are posting if we aren't going to acknowledge both sides it doesn't make sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Can't preach "Auburn Family" on every single thing ever and then not try to have personal connections with players/staff. If he stays, that has to change from here on out.

Right? It's literally the number 1 go to.....then it's not supposed to be a problem if that's not true? What lol? 

Then it's don't care about the players but he can't bang a girl.....

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Most of Saban's players love him.  There's nothing fake about him

They didn't love him his first two seasons. Lest we forget about the players that were "processed" out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't see the point of posting one particular side. We know both sides are posting if we aren't going to acknowledge both sides it doesn't make sense

Yeah, we need the whole story, players, boosters, everything. It’s a bad look any way you spin it.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Then you post both for everybody because you picked up the lee hunter side and ran with it. 🙄 "Mr Insider"

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Right? It's literally the number 1 go to.....then it's not supposed to be a problem if that's not true? What lol? 

Its clear that "some" players feel like he cares.

43 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think the truth is found somewhere in the middle of this, maybe leaning more to one side than another.

The biggest thing that any player has said that stuck out to me was Smoke:s comment about CBH not even speaking to Smoke's parents since he arrived. 

That's gotta change. 

I can see a coach getting caught up in changing a program that maybe the smaller things are overlook a bit. It also leads me to believe that our program is probably in worse shape after the last guy left that it may have been more work than anyone anticipated. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Screenshot_20220204-123637_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220204-123616_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220204-123558_Chrome.jpg

just an FYI, you can hit the share button/copy link and it'll auto embed here.  Has to be easier than uploading screen shots

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Yeah, we need the whole story, players, boosters, everything. It’s a bad look any way you spin it.

People don't want the whole story because people fear the idea of being wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

just an FYI, you can hit the share button/copy link and it'll auto embed here.  Has to be easier than uploading screen shots

Oh I know I'm going fast right now. Sorry if it's looks weird. 

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Most of Saban's players love him.  There's nothing fake about him

I love the folks who site Saban’s record in his first season as a reason to keep Harsin, but never seem to acknowledge that Saban had already won a natty and been hired in the NFL. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't see Harsin preaching family, chemistry, etc. In fact, I think it's his realness that gets him in trouble. He's a d*** and he's open about it. Not a phony who pretends to be interested but in reality doesn't care 

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

They didn't love him his first two seasons. Lest we forget about the players that were "processed" out.

Every program processes players. Hell Harsin just kicked Kobe off the team & told him his scholarship wasn't going to be renewed.

And that's what it boils down to in the end. I don't know about the rumor if it's true or not. I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10-foot pole. I do know that there are multiple players that are saying they didn't feel like a family. People can call them soft all they want but they came to Auburn with the "Auburn Family" promise and then a new coach comes in who, according to them, doesn't care about them or their families. That would make anyone feel like they're being treated like a dog and want to go somewhere else.

I'm happy for the players that are staying to try to work through it, I respect the players who left to try to find a better coach/atmosphere. There are no wrong opinions when it comes to players and I'm so tired of seeing so many people call Lee Hunter a bum or soft or any other negative term. If you call Hunter that you would have to call Zakoby the same thing and no one would be stupid enough to think Zakoby was soft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUinMS9528 said:

To call AU football a dumpster fire is a serious understatement.    I’m trying to think of a worse scenario, but nothing comes to mind just yet.   🤦‍♂️😢

How about we fire Harsin, hire another soft coach that is a best friend to all players, run off the ones that liked what CBH was building, and start all over again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

And that's what it boils down to in the end. I don't know about the rumor if it's true or not. I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10-foot pole. I do know that there are multiple players that are saying they didn't feel like a family. People can call them soft all they want but they came to Auburn with the "Auburn Family" promise and then a new coach comes in who, according to them, doesn't care about them or their families. That would make anyone feel like they're being treated like a dog and want to go somewhere else.

I'm happy for the players that are staying to try to work through it, I respect the players who left to try to find a better coach/atmosphere. There are no wrong opinions when it comes to players and I'm so tired of seeing so many people call Lee Hunter a bum or soft or any other negative term. If you call Hunter that you would have to call Zakoby the same thing and no one would be stupid enough to think Zakoby was soft.

Zakoby is soft! I want all the 💨 😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I don't see Harsin preaching family, chemistry, etc. In fact, I think it's his realness that gets him in trouble. He's a d*** and he's open about it. Not a phony who pretends to be interested but in reality doesn't care 

And that's the problem. Auburn is built on "Auburn Family" and has been for over a decade now. Players that came to Auburn came in a large part because of that. If you can't adapt to how the players feel and what they expect while also keeping your hard edge then you're not the right man for the job at Auburn.

1 minute ago, Zinzan said:

How about we fire Harsin, hire another soft coach that is a best friend to all players, run off the ones that liked what CBH was building, and start all over again?

Are you the guy with the time machine?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Strong statement! I like it.

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

And that's the problem. Auburn is built on "Auburn Family" and has been for over a decade now. Players that came to Auburn came in a large part because of that. If you can't adapt to how the players feel and what they expect while also keeping your hard edge then you're not the right man for the job at Auburn.

Let's be real here no they didn't come to Auburn for the family atmosphere they came to the SEC and Auburn to play football. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Initially we were happy to get an old school coach like Harsin that would instill some discipline that was (thought) missing in our program.  It appears he is too old school for a lot of players.  Are we getting to the point the players are demanding what will happen with the program?  An honest question.

It’s almost like a strike coordinated by disgruntled workers.