Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

And that's what it boils down to in the end. I don't know about the rumor if it's true or not. I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10-foot pole. I do know that there are multiple players that are saying they didn't feel like a family. People can call them soft all they want but they came to Auburn with the "Auburn Family" promise and then a new coach comes in who, according to them, doesn't care about them or their families. That would make anyone feel like they're being treated like a dog and want to go somewhere else.

I'm happy for the players that are staying to try to work through it, I respect the players who left to try to find a better coach/atmosphere. There are no wrong opinions when it comes to players and I'm so tired of seeing so many people call Lee Hunter a bum or soft or any other negative term. If you call Hunter that you would have to call Zakoby the same thing and no one would be stupid enough to think Zakoby was soft.

Good take here. I think with Harsin's rep getting out there now, our recruiting classes and the transfers in get filled with folks that have some understanding of what they are getting into. May mean the perceived quality of those players is reduced and we finish bottom half of the SEC in the recruiting rankings, but seems like those that come in will be willing to put in the work out of the gate. 

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Its clear that "some" players feel like he cares.

I don't know about that. Some are saying he's a leader. The rebuttal isn't he does care. Nobody had a rebuttal to he doesn't care or isn't good at coaching the person part. 

Nobody seems to disagree that he's a good coach either

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Let's be real here no they didn't come to Auburn for the family atmosphere they came to the SEC and Auburn to play football. 

You can believe that coming to the SEC and playing football is the only thing that matters but you're wrong. You can go to any other school and get that if you only want those two things. People go to schools because of how they connect with a program and/or coach. Auburn has plastered the Family motto on everything for over a decade and it's a thing that has separated Auburn from other schools. And now we have a coach that doesn't buy into that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Let's be real here no they didn't come to Auburn for the family atmosphere they came to the SEC and Auburn to play football. 

I disagree

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

And that's what it boils down to in the end. I don't know about the rumor if it's true or not. I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10-foot pole. I do know that there are multiple players that are saying they didn't feel like a family. People can call them soft all they want but they came to Auburn with the "Auburn Family" promise and then a new coach comes in who, according to them, doesn't care about them or their families. That would make anyone feel like they're being treated like a dog and want to go somewhere else.

I'm happy for the players that are staying to try to work through it, I respect the players who left to try to find a better coach/atmosphere. There are no wrong opinions when it comes to players and I'm so tired of seeing so many people call Lee Hunter a bum or soft or any other negative term. If you call Hunter that you would have to call Zakoby the same thing and no one would be stupid enough to think Zakoby was soft.

ZM stayed. The others left. There is a difference when you stick it out. I wish them both success, but right now, they do not have AU football's best interest at heart.  If its not a fit for you now. like you thought it would be under the previous coach, just say its not a fit and move on. Don't pretend you are doing it for the young guys. The young guys will come to Harsin's program, not Gus' program.

Harsin will soften after he changes the culture. He is instilling his culture for AU football. It is an orange and blue culture as he sees it. It may not fit some of the older players from the last regime. 

Move on and let the ones that remain continue to work hard without you. Its hard enough without all the bullspit.

• Like 4

This whole thing, to me hinges on whether he did something immoral, which was the claim about 30 pages ago.

If he didn't, and he's just too tough and not personable enough, he is going nowhere. That's not a termination worthy, but it is a point to grown from.

If the initial claim is proven to be false and was started by his enemies, I hope there is litigation. 

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Then you post both for everybody because you picked up the lee hunter side and ran with it. 🙄 "Mr Insider"

Sorry didn't mean to hurt you

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This whole thing, to me hinges on whether he did something immoral, which was the claim about 30 pages ago.

If he didn't, and he's just too tough and not personable enough, he is going nowhere. That's not a termination worthy, but it is a point to grown from.

If the initial claim is proven to be false and was started by his enemies, I hope there is litigation. 

Yeah it is interesting how we are getting away from this tidbit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

And that's the problem. Auburn is built on "Auburn Family" and has been for over a decade now. Players that came to Auburn came in a large part because of that. If you can't adapt to how the players feel and what they expect while also keeping your hard edge then you're not the right man for the job at Auburn.

Whoa!!!  While I feel that the family concept is an great attribute for the program and that good coaches make should be able to adapt to their players, the players also have an obligation to adapt to their coaches. The school and the coach retain the right to make any changes to the program that they deem necessary to remain competitive.  Players should commit to the school and not the coach anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

ZM stayed. The others left. There is a difference when you stick it out. I wish them both success, but right now, they do not have AU football's best interest at heart.  If its not a fit for you now. like you thought it would be under the previous coach, just say its not a fit and move on. Don't pretend you are doing it for the young guys. The young guys will come to Harsin's program, not Gus' program.

Harsin will soften after he changes the culture. He is instilling his culture for AU football. It is an orange and blue culture as he sees it. It may not fit some of the older players from the last regime. 

Move on and let the ones that remain continue to work hard without you. Its hard enough without all the bullspit.

So how do you know.....actually nevermind 😂

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

I don't see Harsin preaching family, chemistry, etc. In fact, I think it's his realness that gets him in trouble. He's a d*** and he's open about it. Not a phony who pretends to be interested but in reality doesn't care 

This might be a bad take but it probably doesn’t help his case seeing how coach CBP is received and doing big things around campus 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

A lot of those players stayed through the entire season as well. Zakoby is going to the NFL and if he wasn't he might have transferred out.. And Coach Harsin doesn't even need to soften, he needs to connect and care about these players and their upbringings. He doesn't do that as has been mentioned multiple times by different players. He does not have the personal skills to be a hardass and a good coach.

Just now, DAG said:

It could be a two-headed monster, but interesting how things went from outrageously immoral to him being a mean guy.

Just now, cole256 said:

So how do you know.....actually nevermind 😂

I sure wish I had been coddled during my time there. What about you? Actually nevermind...

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

People have said that with absolutely no proof. Yet there's tons of proof that this hire was done as a rejection of the PTB, and they haven't had their hands on the wheel. It's Harsin's show and has been since day 1.

Lol they never universally accepted this hire. Never. There are definitely some who are butt hurt over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This is the main issue, right? This whole thing stinks when this goes away.

What proof do we have this is booster related?  

Might be my tinfoil hat, but 1 day after Jimbo goes scorched earth on Saban regarding NIL, and their DC gets a DUI, this happens?  Smells fishy like REC.

No more DUI talk.

Edited by Tampa Tiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If the initial claim is proven to be false  and was started by his enemies, I hope there is litigation. 

That's what I'm waiting to hear. Could still get ugly if Harsin is innocent and pursues litigation. All the other stuff sounds like a hard nose culling to me

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I sure wish I had been coddled during my time there. What about you? Actually nevermind...

Which player do you talk to since Bo left

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The only reason I'm not is because there has been no evidence of it. I'm not take a side in a rumor that may or may not be true. The allegations that he's an a**hole is something that has been said by multiple players.

Edit: I also don't think he should be fired if he is an a**hole. I just think he needs to reflect on himself and how he's doing things. If he doesn't, he won't have the time to make a culture change because he won't have the players to be successful and he won't win in this league and he'll be fired for performance on the field.

Edited by tgrogan21

22 minutes ago, wcware said:

“A booster coup” wow 

IF this is a booster coup, it very well could backfire like their Jetgate coup over a decade ago.

These are sad times for AU football, sad times indeed. 

You gotta like people enough to show them that you care. Nobody wants to work with or be trained by someone that doesn’t get that. I assume everyone on this board has a job. You should understand this. If he only cares about them as football players, then he really doesn’t care at all. I’m not saying that’s how he is, but I am saying if he cares about them as people he should show it. Otherwise I don’t care how good he is, nobody is going to want to be around him and I wouldn’t either. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The only reason I'm not is because there has been no evidence of it. I'm not take a side in a rumor that may or may not be true. The allegations that he's an a**hole is something that has been said by multiple players.

Correct but that has been my whole emphasis on potentially moving on. It’s a ridiculous assertion without proof. I hope the board gets down to the crutch of this instantaneously and put it to bed. Cannot let it drag out