Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

I’m not sure this is about affairs or being mean to players. It seems to be more about being a Richard to guys with fat wallets and little weewee’s 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Statements from Hudson saying he would be on the 1st bus back if Malzahn came back to AU tells me all I need to know.

What it should tell you is that Gus actually did give a s*** about certain players & Harsin doesn't.

4 minutes ago, jknighton said:

What about the players who are coming to his defense? You automatically assume he doesn't care about them because he's being tough on them? Maybe this can open his eyes to the fact that he needs to do a better job showing he does care while being tough. 

Certain ppl can come from certain backgrounds.  As a lot of the players said.  Some have support systems, some don't.  Not everyone can be managed the exact same way.

When you have multiple leaders being EXTREMELY outspoken on both sides there is a massive divide.  You can't win or be successful with this massive divide.  Even Harsin recruits are bailing.  Starters are leaving.

This isn't a good way to run any organization or handle people.

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Idk about your family either, but remember you're behind a keyboard.

Family gives a s*** about their own.  According to half the team, Harsin doesn't care about them enough as people.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So no coach since Pat Dye has believed in working hard for Auburn? We can’t find another coach than Harsin that believes in that. Harsin saying the right things doesn’t equate to him being the second coming of Dye and it certainly shouldn’t absolve him of damning character traits (if such get proven to be true)

You asked me for my opinion and I gave it to you.  If you can't handle it then perhaps you shouldn't ask for it.  For the record I never mentioned Harsin's name, nor did I even remotely insinuate that he was the only coach that we could find that believes in that.  I simply answered why Dye was relevant to the conversation.  Although it may be a foreign concept to you, his work ethic speaks for itself.

Edited by gctiger

11 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

How many people on this board has ever been a head coach on the Div. 1 level? I'll take a guess and say none. How many on this board are close to what goes on inside Auburn's Football Facility? I'll take a guess and say none again. Yet, people, arm chair fans, have the nerve to tell a coach how he should run his program according to their little knowledge about anything really. Some of you dudes really need to stop posting so much. Again, it is not a good look! 

Harsin stays and for those who don't like him, do cheer for someone else. The Auburn Family wants nothing to do with you. While you are leaving, please take the boosters who are trying to undermine what Coach Harsin is trying to implement.

The young people of today are so entitled, after having done nothing, and they totally take for granted the things they have been afforded. I have never once wanted a coach to be my buddy and friend. I understand some of these players come from broken homes but life is not going to be kind to you so if Smoke is crying about his parents not being spoken to build a bridge and get over it. This soft generation is basura! 

The spokesperson for the Auburn Family has decreed we cannot offer opinions if we have not been a head coach at the D1 level. Shut down the board everyone, it's over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Did I hurt your feelings, Maam?

No, just an out of touch comment by an old person who can't evolve with the world and wants to blame everything on the youths.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise" -- Socrates ~400BC

• Like 3

Just now, W.E.D said:

What it should tell you is that Gus actually did give a s*** about certain players & Harsin doesn't.

Certain ppl can come from certain backgrounds.  As a lot of the players said.  Some have support systems, some don't.  Not everyone can be managed the exact same way.

When you have multiple leaders being EXTREMELY outspoken on both sides there is a massive divide.  You can't win or be successful with this massive divide.  Even Harsin recruits are bailing.  Starters are leaving.

Family gives a s*** about their own.  According to half the team, Harsin doesn't care about them enough as people.

And sometimes people aren't a good fit.. I wish he were a player's coach but it doesn't mean that he should be run out of town. Some say the opposite. Players are divided and that's why they left! They have that option now. It's ridiculous that this has escalated this quickly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

The spokesperson for the Auburn Family has decreed we cannot offer opinions if we have not been a head coach at the D1 level. Shut down the board everyone, it's over. 

The youth league I coached was called D1, it sure is lonely at the top.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really good read

Chandler Wooten vigorously defends Bryan Harsin in conversation with Auburn Live

Justin Hokanson17 minutes
chandler-wooten-auburn-football
Chandler Wooten (Photo by Erik Rank/Auburn Live)

AUBURN – As the Bryan Harsin saga continues to unwind, Friday brought about numerous former and current Auburn players speaking up about their experiences with Harsin.

Those comments can be found inside this story, where T.D. Moultry, Derick Hall, Smoke Monday and Lee Hunter spoke publicly.

One player in particular that has been outspoken is former linebacker Chandler Wooten. The now-graduated Wooten sat out during the 2020 season due to COVID. Wooten returned to the team this season and was named a team captain by Harsin. Auburn Live spoke to Wooten in depth on his experiences with Harsin, and his take on the current situation. 

[Bryan Harsin speaks to ESPN, defends himself]

[Bryan Harsin’s immediate future in question]

[What the news means, what it doesn’t mean]

These are his comments in full:

“Auburn had soft players on the team. Everybody wants to play. I can honestly say Bryan Harsin and everybody in the building wants to put the best product on the field. He wants to win. That’s all he knows. When you have players that are used to being babysat and coaches telling them to do things — it’s like when you have someone cut and dry not putting up the bulls***, it might seem like he doesn’t care about you.

“The man didn’t have to give me a chance or let me play. Having the conversation with him, I don’t know where this thing comes from. They opened the facility to me. They let me bring my son to practice, they opened the whole facility up

“That’s some bulls*** to me about not caring about players. It was more strenuous, no more babysitting, it’s a culture change. This is coming from people that didn’t have the seasons they wanted. Most of the people that left, that’s a good thing for Auburn. That man doesn’t disrespect nobody. If you aren’t doing what it takes to win, he’s going to call you out. When people say he doesn’t care about you, that’s completely false.

“Everybody was used to doing what they wanted to do and get away with it. That’s not Bryan Harsin. Those guys push against the grain, that’s how they live and move. Harsin coming in and he’s telling you what to do. That’s the pushback. To say the man doesn’t care, that’s reaching. They know that’s reaching. It’s crazy to see. We know why you are upset. You weren’t playing. What’s the point of you coming out now?

“They were getting way with that under the other staff. You don’t see this many people go from one school to the other school where the coach that just left is. I question some people’s motives. Why are you waiting until right now? You could have said that a long time ago. Why now? Maybe you should have been doing what you were supposed to do. Look in the mirror. Maybe we would have won more games. If we would have done what we were supposed to do, we would have been better off.

“None of this was going on during the season. If we didn’t lose the last few, this wouldn’t be happening. Everybody would have been happy. That’s how it goes. You have clicks on the team, certain influence, and those others don’t have a reason to feel that way. A lot of people are following and not standing.

“Yea, it’s different coming to the South, but they are blowing it out of proportion. I understand what they’re saying about not being understood, but they’re pushing one or two incidents. They’re speaking for everybody when they should be speaking for themselves. For Chandler Wooten I love him. That’s my coach. I know the man he is. He’s going to do what he has to do.

“Take a look and listen to the people that are here. This is coming from players that left. They left for different reasons. They weren’t doing what they were supposed to do. People are getting their information from the wrong sources. Ask the right people. I love Harsin. That’s a great tman. He’s been nothing but good to me and my family. He wants to be at Auburn. It would be a loss for Auburn. The man wants to win. If they give him the support, he’s going to win. It’s inevitable. I know that from the work they’re putting in compared to years past.”

@W.E.D apparently you didnt read this. Sorry to ruin your narrative.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

How many people on this board has ever been a head coach on the Div. 1 level? I'll take a guess and say none. How many on this board are close to what goes on inside Auburn's Football Facility? I'll take a guess and say none again. Yet, people, arm chair fans, have the nerve to tell a coach how he should run his program according to their little knowledge about anything really. Some of you dudes really need to stop posting so much. Again, it is not a good look! 

Harsin stays and for those who don't like him, do cheer for someone else. The Auburn Family wants nothing to do with you. While you are leaving, please take the boosters who are trying to undermine what Coach Harsin is trying to implement.

The young people of today are so entitled, after having done nothing, and they totally take for granted the things they have been afforded. I have never once wanted a coach to be my buddy and friend. I understand some of these players come from broken homes but life is not going to be kind to you so if Smoke is crying about his parents not being spoken to build a bridge and get over it. This soft generation is basura! 

I will respectfully say that anyone that has been in management can relate the only difference is the numbers regarding players. As a manager u have to be able to evolve and a adapt to certain situation. That’s why in leadership training they teach u different techniques that can be used to get the results u want. 
If u are not willing to listen and be open to change more often than not u gonna fail. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

except for the players gus ran off of course, right?

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

And sometimes people aren't a good fit.. I wish he were a player's coach but it doesn't mean that he should be run out of town. Some say the opposite. Players are divided and that's why they left! They have that option now. It's ridiculous that this has escalated this quickly. 

There's a difference between not being a good fit and running off 1/4 of your team in year 2...including some players you recruited.

2 minutes ago, jknighton said:

@W.E.D apparently you didnt read this. Sorry to ruin your narrative.

This actually supports my comments.  Let me repost and try to read slower.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just now, W.E.D said:

There's a difference between not being a good fit and running off 1/4 of your team in year 2...including some players you recruited.

But we all know that happens. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No.  But until it's more than just rumor, we're not dragging some possibly innocent woman through the mud over it.

I understand.  Just seems like the focus has shifted and is on how mean Harsin is. I have no interest in knowing who the other party is or potentially is.

27 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Starters?? I didn’t know that Lee Hunter, Ian Mathews, joko and the like were starters.   For what team?  Are you talking about possibly starting next year?

I think he’s pointing out that the players supporting Harsin are/were starters. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

I just don’t think Harsin has an idea of the culture in the south. People keep comparing him with Coach Dye but for all of his toughness he loved his players and they knew it. Some of the players that don’t have strong father figures in their life need that from their coach. I don’t want the kind of culture change that doesn’t recognize that and embrace those players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And the last clause is the key. Harsin claims people are leaving that just don’t fit the culture he’s trying to build. So, is he recruiting people that also don’t fit? Something is amiss. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

But we all know that happens. 

Bad fit, players leave?  Sure.

How often do you see droves of players, some current, speaking out against that coach on social media like we are seeing today?  That doesn't happen.  You might get one guy, but we've got a dozen.

You're a leader of men and 10+ have commented on how good of a football coach he is, but he's horrendous connecting with them, listening them, and supporting them.  This is 100% in line with most of what is being said about Harsin wrt recruiting, making connections with coaches, etc.

These aren't new allegations 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gctiger said:

You asked me for my opinion and I gave it to you.  If you can't handle it then perhaps you shouldn't ask for it.  For the record I never mentioned Harsin's name, nor did I even remotely insinuate that he was the only coach that we could find that believes in that.  I simply answered why Dye was relevant to the conversation.  Although it may be a foreign concept to you, his work ethic speaks for itself.

Well, I guess I didn’t ask for an answer that wasn’t a blithering pile of hot trash, but I’ll make sure to do so next time. 

Let's go full family. Bring back a triumvirate of coaches. We can probably get Mr. Gus Rogers for a few million, Hire Chiz and Trooper Taylor as co-coaches. Gus can take the 'cruits to Waffle House, Chiz can set up an armed robber felony diversion program for the guys with special needs. Troop could be Yaller Feller's bag man for NIL dispersion. Guaranteed to have Saban, Jimbo and Kirby quaking in their boots

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Hoke, Jay T, and PM, and a few others should be held responsible for what they post and send out. They do nothing but feed the masses and spread rumors. Then the fans of course buy in and chaos rises. 

• Like 4