Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Let me repost and try to read slower.

Sounds like you need read slower...the outgoing Senior who has nothing to gain from defending him saying that players were soft and Harsin wasn't babysitting them anymore.

You skipped the part where I said maybe Harsin can learn from this and show that he does care while still being tough. You only jumped to the part where I said some players were soft (Wootens words) and begun to bring up MY family and TRY to insult me.

Again...I'm having a discussion with you not insulting. I'd appreciate the same, because a Man wouldn't insult another man behind a keyboard, that's a p***y.

• Like 3

Folks need to go read what Chandler Wooten said about Harsin.. Hoke interviewed him. IF this improper relationship is debunked, all this will be is  a big  ole Nothing Burger, that's destroyed the man's name and hurt his family. IF he is guilty of the relationship,  he is gone. BUT if not, someone will have some explaining to do and I hope whoever started it is outed.

• Like 3

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks need to go read what Chandler Wooten said about Harsin.. Hoke interviewed him. IF this improper relationship is debunked, all this will be is  a big  ole Nothing Burger, that's destroyed the man's name and hurt his family. IF he is guilty of the relationship,  he is gone. BUT if not, someone will have some explaining to do and I hope whoever started it is outed.

I posted the article a page or two back if anyone wants to read it!

• Like 2

I soured on Gus as a coach as time went on, but I thought and still do think he's a good man. Even Gus, as nice as he is, was supposedly undermined and done dirty by boosters. Seems like every AU coach since Dye has had this done, so it's a theme. Maybe not Chizik since he imploded so quickly that there was no need.

I love Auburn and understand this is a cut throat business, but I think it's a reprehensible way of doing business and hope that if this is false people are held accountable 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, I guess I didn’t ask for an answer that wasn’t a blithering pile of hot trash, but I’ll make sure to do so next time. 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, I guess I didn’t ask for an answer that wasn’t a blithering pile of hot trash, but I’ll make sure to do so next time. 

Actually, you did ask for it by making comments that were totally out of context to my responses.  Next time I'll likely just ignore them rather than wasting my time.  Have a good day!

Edited by gctiger

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think Hoke, Jay T, and PM, and a few others should be held responsible for what they post and send out. They do nothing but feed the masses and spread rumors. Then the fans of course buy in and chaos rises. 

This really isn’t the medias fault. Stuff was brewing and once it came out, it came out in droves. 

1. AD’s background wasn’t throughly checked 

2. Junior Day the same time as Alabama’s? 

3. Mason leaving for a lateral move after saying he’s stepping back from coaching to his players 

4. Players leaving having an attitude of “Harsin’s a good coach but I’d rather not play for him” 

5. 0 signings on NSD (even though we weren’t really expecting much) 

6. the kickers most people just looked over, Harsin’s on vacation during NSD week, asked to come back to campus for an investigation and passed on it. 

The media doesn’t just all gather around and decide what they’re gonna create rumors of. s*** has been brewing for a while now with CBH and his staff if you just took off your orange and blue glasses.

What your opinion of this and CBH is up to you. I don’t care, and you probably don’t give a s*** about mine.

But let’s stop trying to blame the media or insiders for this when all they’re doing is bringing forward what they’re presented with. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bad fit, players leave?  Sure.

How often do you see droves of players, some current, speaking out against that coach on social media like we are seeing today?  That doesn't happen.  You might get one guy, but we've got a dozen.

You're a leader of men and 10+ have commented on how good of a football coach he is, but he's horrendous connecting with them, listening them, and supporting them.  This is 100% in line with most of what is being said about Harsin wrt recruiting, making connections with coaches, etc.

These aren't new allegations 

yeah we see it because the transfer portal happened. UGA basketball practically lost their team. We had a new coach come and players didn't leave because they were all in 'Wait and See' mode. That's why they left this time and some got processed.

The other side says they didn't buy in and chose to leave. I think both sides can be right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hoke is the problem. 

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

If this thing continues to have legs for the next couple of days, I start to wonder how Harsin stays even if the rumors aren't true.  Just knowing people would go to such lengths to get rid of you wouldn't make me want to stay. 

Obviously if anything worthy of a "for cause" firing is true, you have to do it.

Either way, it's a PR black eye for Auburn.  Leave it to us to find a way to steer the news away from our #1 ranked basketball team with some sort of coaching drama in football.

This is my thought as well., there is nothing good that can really come out of this.  Well, one 

thing, but that won’t happen because money walks and talks first and foremost.

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will respectfully say that anyone that has been in management can relate the only difference is the numbers regarding players. As a manager u have to be able to evolve and a adapt to certain situation. That’s why in leadership training they teach u different techniques that can be used to get the results u want. 
If u are not willing to listen and be open to change more often than not u gonna fail. 

Exactly. I saw a video of Saban line dancing today . This is a guy who is not afraid of learning things to make him better. Line dancing might not make him a better coach but it might help him to understand his players better. If Harsin wants to be successful he needs to learn how to entice folks to give their best and to do that you have to know what makes them tick. I played for tough coaches but I also played for coaches that showed me they cared about me. I wasn’t raised rich. I didn’t have transportation to practice or games usually, but I had coaches that have a crap about me not just as a player but as a human and it made me work hard and better because of it. Hat is one thing I give Gus credit for. He definitely worked hard to make those players feel like his family.And as tough as folks think Saban is, you can find him in weekend spending time and checking in his players. That goes a long way on the field. Maybe Harsin just hasn’t figured that out yet . 🙁

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, au302 said:

They are going to have to pay his buyout then. So far on the player abuse front there has not been any public allegations about gross mistreatment. Just that he's an a-hole, which we all knew a while ago

Exactly. I don’t think Saban, Fisher, Harbaugh, etc. are considered the nicest guys, but all have had successful careers. Hell, Harbaugh has been good in college and pro. If a kid can’t take criticism and yelling and probably cussing, then get out of sports for crying out loud. If they think they won’t get ass chewings at the next level, then they’re probably too stupid for the game anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Exactly. I saw a video of Saban line dancing today . This is a guy who is not afraid of learning things to make him better. Line dancing might not make him a better coach but it might help him to understand his players better. If Harsin wants to be successful he needs to learn how to entice folks to give their best and to do that you have to know what makes them tick. I played for tough coaches but I also played for coaches that showed me they cared about me. I wasn’t raised rich. I didn’t have transportation to practice or games usually, but I had coaches that have a crap about me not just as a player but as a human and it made me work hard and better because of it. Hat is one thing I give Gus credit for. He definitely worked hard to make those players feel like his family.And as tough as folks think Saban is, you can find him in weekend spending time and checking in his players. That goes a long way on the field. Maybe Harsin just hasn’t figured that out yet . 🙁

He was doing the cupid shuffle. Line dancing? lol I get your point though. He had some moves too.

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Actually it sounds to me like they are investigating how Harsin treated players/coaches, not the improper relationship angle.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Actually it sounds to me like they are investigating how Harsin treated players/coaches, not the improper relationship angle.

That's my thoughts as well, that has just seemed more like a rumor, or they would be talking about that more imo.

People, stop trying to blame the media.  Auburn has brought this s*** storm on itself, either from Harsin handling stuff the wrong way, the PTB stirring up trouble because they didn't get their way last year and aren't happy with the results of the season and recruiting, or a combination of the two. But it's not Jay Tate's, Hoke's, Philip Marshall's, AL.com's, ESPN's or any other media outlets fault we're dealing with this today.  They are reporting on it because there are real things happening and it's their job to report on it.  That reaction is a classic "Shoot the Messenger" mentality that needs to go.  

Auburn and the people who run it and work for it need to fix their own s*** and stop looking for scapegoats.  Period.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No they don’t want to hear that….They want the team to be better but you gotta do it this way or that way. Maybe Harsin needs to soften up a little but also some of these players need to man up.

So what is the proof on being treated like dogs and hiring a mistress to a job on Auburn? That was reported, really ready to see proof on both things because those are insidious acts that deserve a firing if true.