Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

People, stop trying to blame the media.  Auburn has brought this s*** storm on itself, either from Harsin handling stuff the wrong way, the PTB stirring up trouble because they didn't get their way last year and aren't happy with the results of the season and recruiting, or a combination of the two. But it's not Jay Tate's, Hoke's, Philip Marshall's, AL.com's, ESPN's or any other media outlets fault we're dealing with this today.  They are reporting on it because there are real things happening and it's their job to report on it.  That reaction is a classic "Shoot the Messenger" mentality that needs to go.  

Auburn and the people who run it and work for it need to fix their own s*** and stop looking for scapegoats.  Period.

I just hope they are fact checking legit sources and not spreading rumors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

People, stop trying to blame the media.  Auburn has brought this s*** storm on itself, either from Harsin handling stuff the wrong way, the PTB stirring up trouble because they didn't get their way last year and aren't happy with the results of the season and recruiting, or a combination of the two. But it's not Jay Tate's, Hoke's, Philip Marshall's, AL.com's, ESPN's or any other media outlets fault we're dealing with this today.  They are reporting on it because there are real things happening and it's their job to report on it.  That reaction is a classic "Shoot the Messenger" mentality that needs to go.  

Auburn and the people who run it and work for it need to fix their own s*** and stop looking for scapegoats.  Period.

I agree. 

Just now, DAG said:

So what is the proof on being treated like dogs and hiring a mistress to a job on Auburn? That was reported, really ready to see proof on both things because those are insidious acts that deserve a firing if true.

As Gouge said earlier, they are in the investigative stage - trying to separate fact from fiction - right now.  That won't happen in minutes.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I just hope they are fact checking legit sources and not spreading rumors.

So far from what I've seen, at least all of the pay site admins have been very professional about their reporting on this.

• Like 2

Just now, TitanTiger said:

As Gouge said earlier, they are in the investigative stage - trying to separate fact from fiction - right now.  That won't happen in minutes.

Correct. So maybe we should stick to the facts which are none at the moment. I will get my jimmies rustled when there are some.

its easier now for players to leave a school than any other time in recent memory, probably ever. if it wasn't so easy guarantee 75% or more of these players would have stayed put. that should tell you something too.

as usual its pretty clear no one really know anything.

Just now, fishepa said:

I'll support Harsin until I have some actual proof of wrong doing.

That is where I am at. Hopefully he takes some sensitivity training. Seems to be the best we got.

• Like 5

On the bright side, our #1 ranked Auburn Men's basketball plays UGA tomorrow at 1:00 PM Eastern. So we have that going for ourselves...

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I posted the article a page or two back if anyone wants to read it!

It was a great read!  The current situation is not a not a good look and I have no idea how it will end, but I personally put more stock in the comments of the players that have decided to stick with the program and support their team mates, rather than  those that quit and leave simply because things haven't gone their way.  

• Like 3

Well, I’m confused. I won’t talk about the salacious rumor. If it‘s true, we’ll know.

But the culture thing, that’s hard. That’s a lot of players who feel a certain way, and some amazing testimonials for Harsin from others. It’s possible Harsin has learning to do, it’s possible he’s the problem, and it’s possible he’s bringing a culture change we need.

The one thing that worries me: the coach departures. I don’t know about that.

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

On the bright side, our #1 ranked Auburn Men's basketball plays UGA tomorrow at 1:00 PM Eastern. So we have that going for ourselves...

Gymnastics tonight at LSU!

Edit: Oops, sry. Tomorrow too. I have been spoiled by Friday PM meets

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 1

The proof or lack thereof is usually found in electronic data.   Hence Hillary destroying thousands of emails.

Edited by LPTiger
typo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How so

It is one thing for “joe crazy” to send out tweets and spread mis-information, but it is another thing to run a business and you tweet out Misinformation or let the masses on your platform spread rumors and lies. 
JGT, Hoke, etc should have all put a stop to the BS on their sites until it was proven true.  You don’t tweet that the coach is in Immediate danger of being fired (or whatever he said last night)… when there is no proof of anything. People see this and run with it… 

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That's my thoughts as well, that has just seemed more like a rumor, or they would be talking about that more imo.

U might be on to something. Hawaii Coach Todd Graham just got fired for treatment of players. Pretty much the same thing players complaining and starters hitting the portal. It was so bad the University officials  had to attend a hearing and explain to the legislators how the program was being run. 

Edited by e808
Typo

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So what is the proof on being treated like dogs and hiring a mistress to a job on Auburn? That was reported, really ready to see proof on both things because those are insidious acts that deserve a firing if true.

The mistress thing was literally reported by a random Twitter account the first time I saw it (like two days ago). Supposedly it circulated around the Bunker around the same time. I dunno who funneled it upwards since then, but the Hoke post definitely gave it more credence 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

If true, then fire him, but this smells like some GOB stuff to me. Players saying Harsins a d**k, but he's a good coach doesn't sound like a firing offense to me. He may need to work on his people skills some, but who knows.

I understand I posted this once and it wasn't answered and that may be everybody saying f me, but just in case a saw a few posts saying they are looking into how players and coaches have been treated. Has any coaches said anything on record? 

It seems pretty apparent to me that the team is split on Harsin’s methodology. It would seem the only things that can be used as “firing for cause” would be items of obvious cruelty (Leach level). Not the comments I have read from the players that seem to be anti-Harsin. Hopefully Gogue can separate I’ll will from actual events.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I understand I posted this once and it wasn't answered and that may be everybody saying f me, but just in case a saw a few posts saying they are looking into how players and coaches have been treated. Has any coaches said anything on record? 

It would be nice to hear the honest truth from Eason IMO. He was the the one who seemingly got along with everyone, so it would be nice to hear his true opinion on Harsin.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I haven’t seen anything, but I haven’t looked. Did Corn say anything after that situation?