Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

After Hunter put on social media that Harsin treats us like dogs….Below is a list of AU players who liked his comments. 

His post was liked by Auburn players Jaylin Simpson, A.D. Diamond, DJ James, Desmond Tisdol, Dylan Brooks, Kam Stutts, Landen King, Jay Sharp, and former Auburn players Smoke Monday, Kobe Hudson, Shaun Shivers, Ja'Varrius Johnson, Ladarius Tennison, Elijah Canion, Dre Butler and Ian Mathews.

Edited by AU-24
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

There are some that are really trying their damnedest to spin any and every thing negatively...made up or true

They have buried in like a damn tick at this point. I mean, I gotta give them credit. Take a position and ride it out.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, shabby said:

From the above referenced article:

Another person recalled one instance of a player texting Harsin to apologize for a poor performance in a game. The player asked for guidance on how he could improve. Harsin did not reply. Instead, he had the player’s position coach call the player to tell him he needed to leave the program, the person said

if this is true then Harsin is a sorry excuse for anhuman being. 

You're misreading this. He's clearly talking about Corn. He called his player to tell him that he needed to leave the program. The answer to the text was implied... "You get coached by Kesiau now"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shabby said:

Another person recalled one instance of a player texting Harsin to apologize for a poor performance in a game. The player asked for guidance on how he could improve. Harsin did not reply. Instead, he had the player’s position coach call the player to tell him he needed to leave the program, the person said

I’m not going to say something isn’t true without knowing for sure, but man that sounds like the most made up thing I have ever heard. All these players, both pro and anti-Harsin have stated all he cares about is winning football. Does that sound like something that someone who only cares about winning football would do?

• Like 1

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m not going to say something isn’t true without knowing for sure, but man that sounds like the most made up thing I have ever heard. All these players, both pro and anti-Harsin have stated all he cares about is winning football. Does that sound like something that someone who only cares about winning football would do?

Yes if he thinks the program is better off without that player. 

2 hours ago, Didba said:

REC is as real as there being microchips in the COVID vaccines...

Edit: or maybe there is more to it then I realized...

The REC is real and most certainly poisonous. However, they are not the boogeyman hiding under beds many AU faithful believe. They are influential as well as having a targeted negative agenda/impact on Auburn. However, many things AU fans like to throw at them would have the Feds sniffing around for RICO/mob-like implications.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Yes if he thinks the program is better off without that player. 

If the kid is taking that kind of initiative I’d be willing to bet money Harsin would jump at the chance to help him. A better player that wanted to get better is much better for the team than kicking him off and being down a player. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If the kid is taking that kind of initiative I’d be willing to bet money Harsin would jump at the chance to help him. A better player that wanted to get better is much better for the team than kicking him off and being down a player. 

Again my statement was if this is true..... 

We don't know .

It's not like things like this are being said in isolation. I.e. Hudson leaving the program.

But if it's true then Harsin is a garbage human being. 

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Problem now is that future recruiting may be untenable after the IG live and player comments on social media. Even if he is totally innocent.

Wildest thing I've ever seen. 

I think future recruiting is/was already untenable. I think we offer nothing to a football player right now. Championships, NFL pipelining, and bags of NIL money are off the table; and now (whether he stays or not) we aren't even offering a stable, caring, or fun atmosphere. It's broken. All of it. And we're all the scouts on "Moneyball" sitting around the table spitballing the same old model of trying to land an elite coach, when even that's not the answer. We're clawing to get seat at the table that the rest of the football universe is about to disassemble. We need a sideways trajectory to a spot that intersects with where football is going. Not one step forward two steps back trying to get where it's already been. Need talent and ingenuity to get there. Like the student rennasaince they're having in basketball. Rebuilding from the ground up starting with the new presodent and the new laxed NIL laws; with total disreguard to the dinosaurs who are boosting and meddling. Those guys have been out-played. They'll never get us anywhere, and I think this episode in Auburn is hot enough to powder keg those a**holes and totally repudiate them into a non-factor. In my heart I actually believe an unencumbered AD Green with a hands-off signatory BOT can do it. He's spent enough time with Bruce and I bet the two of them have shared visions that the old guard couldn't come up with in a million years. The students are showing us in B ball just how much theyre capable of loving Auburn almost to the point of righting it themselves. I garantee you that infectuous atmosphere and unity they have will pad Bruce's recruiting by big margins. At first he would talk to recruits and point to himself. Now he can talk to them and point to Auburn. It's not about catching Bama or Thuga or none of that crap. Their day is coming. It's about swelling Auburn to the point of imminence. Harsin can't do it. Neither can the ptb. Time for both parties to be gone, I'm afraid. Plus I'm so damn drunk it aint even funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not trying to argue, just trying to get inside peoples heads, to figure out why they think this way. After the craziness of the past 13 months, which we can again list and list everything the guy did wrong… the following is something he did just a few weeks ago, when he scheduled AU’s Junior Day the same day as Alabama’s Junior day.

“Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state”

Now honestly, does this sound like something a coach does, when all he wants to do is win?

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, shabby said:

That's completely and utterly absurd and has to be missing some additional language or context. No coach, I don't care how much of an a-hole he is (from Pee-Wee up through College), is going to tell a player to get lost for requesting help on improvement.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, shabby said:

If this is true then who does this sound like the player was? Bo Nix maybe? Thats my first thought.. what would make Bo who dreamed of playing for Auburn and wanted Auburn to win.. I know its a reach.. but man if that happened to Bo then you can bet the powers to be are going to take Harsin down.. Bo was a legacy player.. but he had some bad games.. but it shocked me when he transferred .. he was the last one I thought would transfer

2 minutes ago, selias said:

That's completely and utterly absurd and has to be missing some additional language or context. No coach, I don't care how much of an a-hole he is (from Pee-Wee up through College), is going to tell a player to get lost for requesting help on improvement.

OK, so you’re in the camp that every single player, coach, former coach that says anything negative about Harsin, is just not truthful, whining, doesn’t wanna work, it can’t be true. But the players and coaches that support him, are 100% telling the truth, with the upmost integrity?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This will go over well...

Though there has been much pearl-clutching over nebulous allegations of personal misconduct, we're told no such allegation is part of The Forces Against Harsin's "case" against the head coach.

• The "case" revolves around Harsin's behavior as it relates to players and (former) coaches. In particular, some feel/assert that Harsin's behavior struck them as racist. We're told that claim is being investigated most rigorously. We're also told that Allen Greene met with a small group of football players this afternoon in connection with the claims of racism.

Well.....there it is.

I was told earlier this week by one of my relatives who is a long time Auburn booster that this was an issue. I just wasn't sure when it would become public.

This is such an ugly mess. So damaging to Auburn's reputation. 

9 minutes ago, selias said:

Not at all. I'm just capable of rational thought and not a bitter, bigoted, arrogant jack-wagon like you.

Edit: And to avoid future thread derailing of back and forth nonsense. I'll just toss you in the ignore bucket with Mikey and call it a day. Cheers.

And of course you will be allowed to say this, but if I said it, I would be banned.

43 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just out of curiosity, why does this seem like bull crap to you? I mean how many players and assistant coaches (that he hired) have left? Of course I could go on and on and list all the problems of the past season, but why in your mind does this seem like bull crap?

Thanks for asking. Well, without doing much digging in this particular one, the source is a paper that has not been kind to Auburn in the past. Yeah players have left but they were waiting to see, and they left after they realized they weren't a good fit, others were processed because they weren't a good fit. I actually think they signed all the recruits with exception of a handful of hopefuls in the winter. If you follow recruiting that's the way it was. The transfer portal amplified that. Coaches weren't that great anyways.. And maybe we're mistake hires and something was done about it. There's problems but Harsin isn't the cause. In my opinion. 

• Facepalm 1

I have been seeking info and “what is the what” since all of this saga began. Facts and truth will come eventually, I hope. I am angry that this crapola is taking place. But, in the end, I am heartbroken and sad for our beloved Auburn University. I do not see any winner in this mess. It has been said that sometimes you must hit rock bottom to begin the climb back up. I pray this is that point …….

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Trying to reason through this a bit, without emotion or any hard evidence, just based on logic and the past.

In terms of CGM, in addition to the PTB,  there was a very strong grassroots movement, a  mandate, pushing for CGM to be fired based simply on the teams performance and trajectory. I am guessing, if they had a vote, the majority of the common rank and file fans (excluding me of course) also wanted CGM gone. The PTB had the overwhelming support of the everyday fan and still they barely pulled it off.

In this case, while not pleased with the season, I doubt a majority to the everyday fans (including me) would vote to fire CBH (of course there is a faction on fanatics that want to fire the head coach any time the team does not live up to their irrational expectations and foolish boasting, but I do not think those represent the majority at this point).

Though certainly not happy, there was no mandate from the fanbase to fire CBH as was the case with CGM. The PTB have a lot of money, and strong opinions, but they are also not stupid.

Given the past, would the PTB be foolish enough to roll the dice on fabricated and embellished stories in an attempt to remove CBH without any hard evidence or a strong grassroots support? I do not know, but my guess is that they would not. Even if they were scumbags, I think they would be smarter than that.

Aside from the moral/ethical issues, the PTB are wise enough to know that if they get into a urinating contest with CBH, without any hard evidence, and they lose, they will only empower CBH and make it that much more difficult to fire him in the future (as jetgate did for CTT).

The other option is that there is truly a problem of which the insiders and PTB are aware and they are moving not from a bruised ego or power struggle, but because they think it is the right thing to do for Auburn. Discounting emotion and without additional data, affirmative or negative, this is the solution to which I think logic and reason slightly favors at this time.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Yes. I know for a fact that the nickster did things like that when he came in. He allowed certain players to start even though he KNEW they were involved in drug use and drug dealing instead of kicking them off the team. He ignored requests from players to know what their status was on the team, and refused to speak to parents who needed to know so they could plan for their kids college tuition if the scholarship was lost. He did not help all of those kids he kicked out find a spot on another team. 

It's one thing to care about excellence and winning.....and quite another to climb to the top at the expense of other people. 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, selias said:

The REC is real and most certainly poisonous. However, they are not the boogeyman hiding under beds many AU faithful believe. They are influential as well as having a targeted negative agenda/impact on Auburn. However, many things AU fans like to throw at them would have the Feds sniffing around for RICO/mob-like implications.

Don't you realize that the REC also controls the feds and the courts in addition to the NCAA?

It is a top secret conspiracy  greater than the fake moon landing, roswell, area 51, the Kennedy assassination,  and the COVID vaccine combined. They spend millions and millions, and risk jail and millions and millions more,  just to foil the dreams of every AU fan.

They control the media, they even secretly run one of the AU Internet site and have agents embedded in other sites as administrators, moderators, insiders, and popular posters. I can't identify those out of fear for my life, career, and/or being banned from those sites. 

Meanwhile, the AU family rationally toils along, all united and pulling together, always doing the right thing with the best interest of the AU family in mind, and when things go south for us, it is always the doing of the REC.

Insert Sheldon's sarcasm flag here.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yes. I know for a fact that the nickster did things like that when he came in. He allowed certain players to start even though he KNEW they were involved in drug use and drug dealing instead of kicking them off the team. He ignored requests from players to know what their status was on the team, and refused to speak to parents who needed to know so they could plan for their kids college tuition if the scholarship was lost. He did not help all of those kids he kicked out find a spot on another team. 

It's one thing to care about excellence and winning.....and quite another to climb to the top at the expense of other people. 

While I agree, I still feel all of those are different than kicking someone off the team cause they asked how they could improve

53 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I think future recruiting is/was already untenable. I think we offer nothing to a football player right now. Championships, NFL pipelining, and bags of NIL money are off the table; and now (whether he stays or not) we aren't even offering a stable, caring, or fun atmosphere. It's broken. All of it. And we're all the scouts on "Moneyball" sitting around the table spitballing the same old model of trying to land an elite coach, when even that's not the answer. We're clawing to get seat at the table that the rest of the football universe is about to disassemble. We need a sideways trajectory to a spot that intersects with where football is going. Not one step forward two steps back trying to get where it's already been. Need talent and ingenuity to get there. Like the student rennasaince they're having in basketball. Rebuilding from the ground up starting with the new presodent and the new laxed NIL laws; with total disreguard to the dinosaurs who are boosting and meddling. Those guys have been out-played. They'll never get us anywhere, and I think this episode in Auburn is hot enough to powder keg those a**holes and totally repudiate them into a non-factor. In my heart I actually believe an unencumbered AD Green with a hands-off signatory BOT can do it. He's spent enough time with Bruce and I bet the two of them have shared visions that the old guard couldn't come up with in a million years. The students are showing us in B ball just how much theyre capable of loving Auburn almost to the point of righting it themselves. I garantee you that infectuous atmosphere and unity they have will pad Bruce's recruiting by big margins. At first he would talk to recruits and point to himself. Now he can talk to them and point to Auburn. It's not about catching Bama or Thuga or none of that crap. Their day is coming. It's about swelling Auburn to the point of imminence. Harsin can't do it. Neither can the ptb. Time for both parties to be gone, I'm afraid. Plus I'm so damn drunk it aint even funny.

Homie, I love the enthusiastic. But the sad fact is, if you want Auburn to succeed via NIL then the boosters are actually going to be more powerful than ever. The money that funds NIL deals isn't magic fairy dust money. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

This is incredibly poor and uncreative writing. Do you honestly believe this happened the way it's described here? Does that make ANY sense?

57 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not trying to argue, just trying to get inside peoples heads, to figure out why they think this way. After the craziness of the past 13 months, which we can again list and list everything the guy did wrong… the following is something he did just a few weeks ago, when he scheduled AU’s Junior Day the same day as Alabama’s Junior day.

“Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state”

Now honestly, does this sound like something a coach does, when all he wants to do is win?

I can believe he did that a lot easier than I can believe he kicked someone off the team for asking him how they could get better. One is utter incompetence. The other just flies in the face of reason