Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

You're misreading this. He's clearly talking about Corn. He called his player to tell him that he needed to leave the program. The answer to the text was implied... "You get coached by Kesiau now"

What?

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Again my statement was if this is true..... 

We don't know .

It's not like things like this are being said in isolation. I.e. Hudson leaving the program.

But if it's true then Harsin is a garbage human being. 

That is why they are interviewing people.  Harsin has been impossible to work with on every level.  He was known to be that way at Boise.  It isn't to get results.  It is his personality.  Being a jackass with people for no reason at all doesn't garner anyone friends.

The more we're finding out about Harsin from the players, this whole situation is mirroring the movie "Lean On Me." For those that are too young to remember the movie, it was about a school that was completely out of control. It had been that way for as long as people could remember. Then one day they hired a new high school principal (Morgan Freeman) and he was a no nonsense, get to school on time, put forth the effort to actually make passing grades, anyone that was against him was expelled and the kids that toughed it out and trusted his vision and the process were all better people in the end. I'm really beginning to think Harsin is our Morgan Freeman. You toe the line or you can kick rocks. It will seem like hell in the early stages and a ton of players, PTB, fans, etc.  are going to buck up at Harsin and resist the culture change and alot of players will get weeded out but if you just do your job and trust in his vision and bust your ass then it's going to be worth it in the end. 

If anybody in this thread has been in the military then all of this that I'm saying will make perfect sense. Early on you probably hated the drill sergeant, hated running in 100° heat, hated being woke at any hour of the night, etc. You probably told yourself and others you were gonna quit a million times but you didn't. At some point it all clicked and made sense. You were a much better man for it in the end and learned alot of life lessons that will apply in everyday life till the day you die. And those leaders you once thought were just hard asses and didn't care about you, you find in time that you would take a bullet for them. 

Hopefully it will click for these young guys and we can see that carry over to the field on Saturdays. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Thanks for asking. Well, without doing much digging in this particular one, the source is a paper that has not been kind to Auburn in the past. Yeah players have left but they were waiting to see, and they left after they realized they weren't a good fit, others were processed because they weren't a good fit. I actually think they signed all the recruits with exception of a handful of hopefuls in the winter. If you follow recruiting that's the way it was. The transfer portal amplified that. Coaches weren't that great anyways.. And maybe we're mistake hires and something was done about it. There's problems but Harsin isn't the cause. In my opinion. 

So you honestly feel none of the problems of the past 13 months are Harsin’s fault? What about where I put this in my original statement:

He scheduled AU’s Junior Day the same day as Alabama’s Junior day.

“Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state”

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That is why they are interviewing people.  Harsin has been impossible to work with on every level.  He was known to be that way at Boise.  It isn't to get results.  It is his personality.  Being a jackass with people for no reason at all doesn't garner anyone friends.

If that’s true, it was an extremely poorly vetted hire. He did bring a lot of folks with him, though. They pulled up roots and moved across the country for the guy. Some players love him. Some parents do. It ain’t everyone.

• Like 1

The REC does have power in state government. And they do have many bammer grads in the media. They also have bammer grads working in the NCAA. After Albert Means,there was an effort to insulate bammer from further interruptions. Things were re-worked and strategies were put into place.  bammer has essentially been untouchable in spite of constant and very public NCAA rules violations. 

There's some really ugly stuff that has transpired because  ego- driven, powerful bammers want to win football games. People have lost their lives and it is no joking matter. Power, money, and greed always spirals out of control and always brings evil with it. The enormous money-making monster that bammer football has become is not immune from that.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The REC does have power in state government. And they do have many bammer grads in the media. They also have bammer grads working in the NCAA. After Albert Means,there was an effort to insulate bammer from further interruptions. Things were re-worked and strategies were put into place.  bammer has essentially been untouchable in spite of constant and very public NCAA rules violations. 

There's some really ugly stuff that has transpired because  ego- driven, powerful bammers want to win football games. People have lost their lives and it is no joking matter. Power, money, and greed always spirals out of control and always brings evil with it. The enormous money-making monster that bammer football has become is not immune from that.

Have you put me on ignore (test guys)

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

The more we're finding out about Harsin from the players, this whole situation is mirroring the movie "Lean On Me." For those that are too young to remember the movie, it was about a school that was completely out of control. It had been that way for as long as people could remember. Then one day they hired a new high school principal (Morgan Freeman) and he was a no nonsense, get to school on time, put forth the effort to actually make passing grades, anyone that was against him was expelled and the kids that toughed it out and trusted his vision and the process were all better people in the end. I'm really beginning to think Harsin is our Morgan Freeman. You toe the line or you can kick rocks. It will seem like hell in the early stages and a ton of players, PTB, fans, etc.  are going to buck up at Harsin and resist the culture change and alot of players will get weeded out but if you just do your job and trust in his vision and bust your ass then it's going to be worth it in the end. 

If anybody in this thread has been in the military then all of this that I'm saying will make perfect sense. Early on you probably hated the drill sergeant, hated running in 100° heat, hated being woke at any hour of the night, etc. You probably told yourself and others you were gonna quit a million times but you didn't. At some point it all clicked and made sense. You were a much better man for it in the end and learned alot of life lessons that will apply in everyday life till the day you die. And those leaders you once thought were just hard asses and didn't care about you, you find in time that you would take a bullet for them. 

Hopefully it will click for these young guys and we can see that carry over to the field on Saturdays. 

The problem is those things that Morgan Freeman did in that movie will get u in the unemployment. Why is it so hard to understand that things evolve. U have to be open to change but still keep ur values. Technology improves on a daily basis. Again things that were ok in the past are not ok in todays society. Employers constantly send people to management class because how we deal with people matter. I don’t think he should be fired just the people skills need to be updated.

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

You're misreading this. He's clearly talking about Corn. He called his player to tell him that he needed to leave the program. The answer to the text was implied... "You get coached by Kesiau now"

Ain't even spelling his name right

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

So you honestly feel none of the problems of the past 13 months are Harsin’s fault? What about where I put this in my original statement:

He scheduled AU’s Junior Day the same day as Alabama’s Junior day.

“Matthews said Harsin showed up at Central Phenix City the DAY BEFORE the Jr Day trying to get players to attend. A school 30 min away that had 3 of the top 20 players in the state”

I get your point. Also it seems he's still figuring out the lay of the land.   He couldn't recruit for 6 months because of restrictions. He's still figuring s*** out. Any coach in that position would have had the same issues

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Let me throw in kind of an outside comment. I'm new to the board (posted briefly a couple years ago), but I'm not new to the forum or to AU. I lived in Alabama for 20 years and have been a fan for 30. I'm passionate about Auburn and hate the Tide  with equal passion.

A couple possible observations with no inside information.

1) Maybe Harsin is an anachronism, an old school guy used to coaching kids who herded cattle or shot elk in the off season. He doesn't get social media and urban culture. Bad fit for an SEC school with the bright lights and bling. Or maybe he's a joker

2) The Justin Lee article someone called "brutal" was pathetic. Just a media monkey flinging poo for the TPTB. Hope he gets an invite to the suites, the little pressitute.

3) Sounds to me like there's some guys like being challenged to man up and some other guys who like be friended on Facebook and remembering being the big dog in high school. Reminds me of a story. Kid struck out 9out of 10 guys in amateur baseball. Went to the pros, couldn't get anybody out. Coach told him "You remember that 10th guy, they're all here" That's how life is, you got to earn respect.

Just my opinion.

Who knows where all of this ends up but post more often. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

OK, so you’re in the camp that every single player, coach, former coach that says anything negative about Harsin, is just not truthful, whining, doesn’t wanna work, it can’t be true. But the players and coaches that support him, are 100% telling the truth, with the upmost integrity?

There's truth to both sides. I think Harsin wants to win badly which can be seen as a positive and I think players think that he's not putting them first and need him to be more. That doesn't mean he's terrible or a horrible coach. I'm just pissed that people aren't giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...

Edited by Randman5000

5 hours ago, peashooter said:

A college football player can afford a nice car with Pell Grant money.

From 2019; "The University of Alabama had 131 athletes receive $566,495 in federal aid, with football players accounting for 51 percent of the total. Auburn had 112 athletes with Pell Grant awards totaling $539,327."

$400/ month is decent but you're not financing a car with Pell Grant money (alone). You have to be gainfully employed and student loans and grants don't qualify. I sold a car to a receiver at an SEC school two weeks ago. He was financed because he had a co-signer but he had zero income to list, as far as the lenders allow and consider. That was the only way he could get it. Really nice young man and family. Glad he didn't try one of those buy here pay here places. Complete rip off but unfortunately that's all some people can do. 

Edited by gr82be
Spell check

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Problem now is that future recruiting may be untenable after the IG live and player comments on social media. Even if he is totally innocent.

Wildest thing I've ever seen. 

Yep, that will be Harsins undoing IMO...Damage has been done regardless of the findings

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This will go over well...

Though there has been much pearl-clutching over nebulous allegations of personal misconduct, we're told no such allegation is part of The Forces Against Harsin's "case" against the head coach.

• The "case" revolves around Harsin's behavior as it relates to players and (former) coaches. In particular, some feel/assert that Harsin's behavior struck them as racist. We're told that claim is being investigated most rigorously. We're also told that Allen Greene met with a small group of football players this afternoon in connection with the claims of racism.

That’s an odd accusation  to say the least considering the team and specifically the players that like and support Harsin are (checks notes..) Black.  Super weird.

7 hours ago, Didba said:

until there is concrete evidence of potential misconduct outside of hearsay I am giving Harsin the benefit of the doubt that he isn't a racist or cheating on his wife.  Right now there is so much rumor and conjecture, insiders saying one thing just to be contradicted by a different insider. No way to know which scenario is plausible or not.

What's bad is even if everything is debunked... Can Harsin continue and be effective with a split locker room and basically no support from the PTB? He is in a no win situation. Once u are accused of the "R" word its hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Problem now is that future recruiting may be untenable after the IG live and player comments on social media. Even if he is totally innocent.

Wildest thing I've ever seen. 

Agree completely.  At this point he is most definitely Dead Man Walking because the damaging accusations, whether true or false, have already destroyed his reputation making recruiting players an even more difficult process for someone that was already struggling with it.  Even if none of the accusations can be proven there’s no way he can do his job effectively at this point and win without top notch recruiting.  

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What's bad is even if everything is debunked... Can Harsin continue and be effective with a split locker room and basically no support from the PTB? He is in a no win situation. Once u are accused of the "R" word its hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I haven’t seen anyone accuse him of that. What I’ve seen is a lot of guys saying he has no people skills, which seemed evident from the first press conference. 

• Like 1

To me, the saddest part of all this isn't what does or doesnt happen to Harsin or even AU. It's the young lady who is being associated with it.. If u goggle Bryan Harsin, her name and pic pops up all over the place. Then u have idiots making all sorts of disgusting comments. To do that b4 any substantial proof is presented, shows how far we have regressed as a society. I can't imagine how the girl or her family feel.If it's not true,, and I were her,I would be finding a lawyer to make an example of some folks. Cudos to whoever on the forum set boundaries so that crap couldn't be posted on here.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I haven’t seen anyone accuse him of that. What I’ve seen is a lot of guys saying he has no people skills, which seemed evident from the first press conference. 

It's being floated around if not insunaged

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Not trying to argue, just trying to get inside peoples heads, to figure out why they think this way. After the craziness of the past 13 months, which we can again list and list everything the guy did wrong… the following is something he did just a few weeks ago, when he scheduled AU’s Junior Day the same day as Alabama’s Junior day.

Now honestly, does this sound like something a coach does, when all he wants to do is win?

IIRC it was originally scheduled before Bama's Jr day, but was rescheduled for some reason. Maybe due to us not having an OC? I am pretty sure I read that on one of the pay sites. I could be wrong though.

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep. Even if proven to be completely innocent it is very hard to recover from that tarnishing. The fact that people are so quick to make that claim in today's day and age with so little information make people walk on constant egg shells.

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I get your point. Also it seems he's still figuring out the lay of the land.   He couldn't recruit for 6 months because of restrictions. He's still figuring s*** out. Any coach in that position would have had the same issues

Sorry man just starting to add it up, it sure seems a lot more than the lay of the land. 6 assistant coaches gone and 18 players to the portal in 13 months. Five losses in a row, first time since 1950, gave up the biggest lead to lose a game in the history of the University, poor recruiting, can’t get the players out of the portal we need, just seems like a lot more than learning the lay of the land.

And then this current situation hits! I just can’t believe he’s under investigation by AU because of social media rumors. I just have more faith in Auburn than Harsin.

• Love 1