Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I thought someone said Z. McClain was against Harsin? I saw a tweet where he was speaking up in support of Harsin saying the rumors were BS

It's odd. He's on video agreeing with Smoke, Kobe, and Lee Hunter. Then walks it back on Twitter 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





Hard to know what's true and not true right now, and I'm sure a lot of this is BS.  However, what is abundantly clear is that Harsin is a poor communicator and lacks charisma.  He can't seem to pull a large portion of the coaches and kids into his vision... and at a minimum, there is no way he will be a successful recruiter operating like this.

To those quick to write off our former players as "soft" - Shivers liked Hunter's post.  If you think Shivers is soft you're an absolute moron.

There are too many weird things piling up to ignore.  Firing Corn after four games.  Kicking Kobe off the team for his 'attitude'.  Mason - a guy who has not generated major drama for YEARS as a coordinator and head coach - basically burning his public image just to get away from this coach.  Then the whole Zach Hill/Austin Davis debacle.

Something is not right.   Doubt there is any truth at all to the more salacious rumors, but those don't need to be true for there to be a problem here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's odd. He's on video agreeing with Smoke, Kobe, and Lee Hunter. Then walks it back on Twitter 

Some people are more likely to conform than others. Not saying that is the case, but I have known people in my life who kind of go with the flow in the moment with their friends, only to find out later they didn't really feel that way. 

I don't know. I am just trying to rationalize. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Hard to know what's true and not true right now, and I'm sure a lot of this is BS.  However, what is abundantly clear is that Harsin is a poor communicator and lacks charisma.  He can't seem to pull a large portion of the coaches and kids into his vision... and at a minimum, there is no way he will be a successful recruiter operating like this.

To those quick to write off our former players as "soft" - Shivers liked Hunter's post.  If you think Shivers is soft you're an absolute moron.

There are too many weird things piling up to ignore.  Firing Corn after four games.  Kicking Kobe off the team for his 'attitude'.  Mason - a guy who has not generated major drama for YEARS as a coordinator and head coach - basically burning his public image just to get away from this coach.  Then the whole Zach Hill/Austin Davis debacle.

Something is not right.   Doubt there is any truth at all to the more salacious rumors, but those don't need to be true for there to be a problem here.

You will not find a post of mine calling any of these players soft. I don't believe you make it to this level being "soft". However, I do believe that a case could be made that the players speaking out against CBH, including Shivers, may be used to a different style of coaching than CBH brings. This is common.

It is common to see players leave when a new coach comes in and even after a season with a new coach. CBH didn't recruit any of those players. Yes he signed Lee Hunter, but that was more of a "keep what's committed" deal.  Not every player is going to respond to every coach. That's fine. It may be as simple as that. It may be much worse than that. None of us know. 

As far as the occurrences you mentioned, none of us know the full truth on any of those. It is all wild speculation, hearsay, and one sided testimony. It could all have smoke to it or not. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

After Hunter put on social media that Harsin treats us like dogs….Below is a list of AU players who liked his comments. 

His post was liked by Auburn players Jaylin Simpson, A.D. Diamond, DJ James, Desmond Tisdol, Dylan Brooks, Kam Stutts, Landen King, Jay Sharp, and former Auburn players Smoke Monday, Kobe Hudson, Shaun Shivers, Ja'Varrius Johnson, Ladarius Tennison, Elijah Canion, Dre Butler and Ian Mathews.

Jarquez and Colby Wooden liked it as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jAUSon said:

I think future recruiting is/was already untenable. I think we offer nothing to a football player right now. Championships, NFL pipelining, and bags of NIL money are off the table; and now (whether he stays or not) we aren't even offering a stable, caring, or fun atmosphere. It's broken. All of it. And we're all the scouts on "Moneyball" sitting around the table spitballing the same old model of trying to land an elite coach, when even that's not the answer. We're clawing to get seat at the table that the rest of the football universe is about to disassemble. We need a sideways trajectory to a spot that intersects with where football is going. Not one step forward two steps back trying to get where it's already been. Need talent and ingenuity to get there. Like the student rennasaince they're having in basketball. Rebuilding from the ground up starting with the new presodent and the new laxed NIL laws; with total disreguard to the dinosaurs who are boosting and meddling. Those guys have been out-played. They'll never get us anywhere, and I think this episode in Auburn is hot enough to powder keg those a**holes and totally repudiate them into a non-factor. In my heart I actually believe an unencumbered AD Green with a hands-off signatory BOT can do it. He's spent enough time with Bruce and I bet the two of them have shared visions that the old guard couldn't come up with in a million years. The students are showing us in B ball just how much theyre capable of loving Auburn almost to the point of righting it themselves. I garantee you that infectuous atmosphere and unity they have will pad Bruce's recruiting by big margins. At first he would talk to recruits and point to himself. Now he can talk to them and point to Auburn. It's not about catching Bama or Thuga or none of that crap. Their day is coming. It's about swelling Auburn to the point of imminence. Harsin can't do it. Neither can the ptb. Time for both parties to be gone, I'm afraid. Plus I'm so damn drunk it aint even funny.

I feel like that was a good post even with cocktails involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure the ones on here that seem to rebut every positive post, realize that we will not get another coach of any substance at Auburn after this that is not named Kevin Steele.  Honestly, you expect over 80 players some that do not play to have glowing reviews of the coach?  I do not give any credence to any players wearing another uniform now and was not really all that upset with any departures except the dl coach.  If Coach Harsin has done anything to be fired then we will know but I just don't think being mean or insensitive is one of them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been generally supportive of Harsin until about a month ago. His inability to get on the same page as the boosters is just a deal breaker in the NIL world. So I think we need to move on. But I am getting increasingly disgusted at the way this is unfolding.  If the guy had an affair, then fire him for cause and let's move on. Let him move on.   If that's the case, why bring up all this other stuff, none of which is a fireable offense for cause, but is doing immense damage to Auburn's and Harsin's reputation. It's just starting to look like a coordinated smear campaign from people who didn't have the balls to just fire him for non-performance after a year,  SMH. Airing all this dirty laundry is going to make it that much  harder to move on in a positive manner.  What a CF.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's odd. He's on video agreeing with Smoke, Kobe, and Lee Hunter. Then walks it back on Twitter 

He walked it back? Why didn’t he play in the senior bowl?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been supportive of Harsin all along, but this situation has me alarmed. It wasn’t a good thing when he fired Cornelius Williams, but I assumed there had to be a good reason. He failed as a leader with respect to Covid, but I didn’t turn negative. The five straight losses didn’t set me against him, and I was thrilled by the recruiting comeback. Losing Bo Nix isn’t good, but hey, kids want new experiences. Not for a second have I engaged the salacious rumor. I assume it isn’t true. (Most of us here have done the same.)

But when Mason left, and when about 20 players left, I’m now prepared to believe there’s a problem. The reporting worries me. The social media posts do too.

Here’s how I’m thinking about it now.

  • If some of my students aren’t learning, I try to reach them. If a lot of my students aren’t learning, then I assume I’m doing something wrong.
  • If a politician isn’t reaching their constituents, they need to change their approach.
  • If your business is losing customers, you don’t blame the customers.

In other words, I don’t think it’s as simple as soft players versus resilient players. Smoke Monday is in no way soft. I imagine there may have been resentments, communication failures, bad assumptions, misunderstandings, a few unhealthy personalities, all sorts of stuff. But in 2022 if you can’t keep your coaches and players, you can’t compete.

In the NFL, if a coach “loses his team,” it’s over. In college, there may be a chance of learning and growing. I’ve not given up yet, but I’m convinced Harsin has some role in the problems.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I've been generally supportive of Harsin until about a month ago. His inability to get on the same page as the boosters is just a deal breaker in the NIL world. So I think we need to move on. But I am getting increasingly disgusted at the way this is unfolding.  If the guy had an affair, then fire him for cause and let's move on. Let him move on.   If that's the case, why bring up all this other stuff, none of which is a fireable offense for cause, but is doing immense damage to Auburn's and Harsin's reputation. It's just starting to look like a coordinated smear campaign from people who didn't have the balls to just fire him for non-performance after a year,  SMH. Airing all this dirty laundry is going to make it that much  harder to move on in a positive manner.  What a CF.

I believe that we are kidding ourselves by thinking that we have what it takes to be a college football powerhouse, no matter who the coach is. It requires everyone following the vision of the man in charge and supporting it, even if you don’t like it, or him. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To me, the saddest part of all this isn't what does or doesnt happen to Harsin or even AU. It's the young lady who is being associated with it.. If u goggle Bryan Harsin, her name and pic pops up all over the place. Then u have idiots making all sorts of disgusting comments. To do that b4 any substantial proof is presented, shows how far we have regressed as a society. I can't imagine how the girl or her family feel.If it's not true,, and I were her,I would be finding a lawyer to make an example of some folks. Cudos to whoever on the forum set boundaries so that crap couldn't be posted on here.

If not proven true, I hope everyone sues. Yes, he’s more high profile, but her reputation & professionalism have also taken a major hit. Disgusting. 

Edited by AidiAU
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I’ve been supportive of Harsin all along, but this situation has me alarmed. It wasn’t a good thing when he fired Cornelius Williams, but I assumed there had to be a good reason. He failed as a leader with respect to Covid, but I didn’t turn negative. The five straight losses didn’t set me against him, and I was thrilled by the recruiting comeback. Losing Bo Nix isn’t good, but hey, kids want new experiences. Not for a second have I engaged the salacious rumor. I assume it isn’t true. (Most of us here have done the same.)

But when Mason left, and when about 20 players left, I’m now prepared to believe there’s a problem. The reporting worries me. The social media posts do too.

Here’s how I’m thinking about it now.

  • If some of my students aren’t learning, I try to reach them. If a lot of my students aren’t learning, then I assume I’m doing something wrong.
  • If a politician isn’t reaching their constituents, they need to change their approach.
  • If your business is losing customers, you don’t blame the customers.

In other words, I don’t think it’s as simple as soft players versus resilient players. Smoke Monday is in no way soft. I imagine there may have been resentments, communication failures, bad assumptions, misunderstandings, a few unhealthy personalities, all sorts of stuff. But in 2022 if you can’t keep your coaches and players, you can’t compete.

In the NFL, if a coach “loses his team,” it’s over. In college, there may be a chance of learning and growing. I’ve not given up yet, but I’m convinced Harsin has some role in the problems.

Very valid take, but I do think bama has like 16 players in the portal, maybe? The Mason thing I don’t love. That definitely has more to the story. And the Davis about face —— that could be on him more than anyone else, but who knows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thing seems like it's the train heading for the bridge out ahead. The engineer pulled on the brake stick  and it broke off in his hand. A bitter Brian Harsin will hop on I-20 West. The players who moved on will get a couple extra "thumbs up" on their social media posts. The guys who stuck around will give their all for visionary up and rising coach Kevin Steele in his debut 4-8 season. ESPN will interview Bo Nix. The boosters will gather in Jimmy Rane's luxury suite with a smug look as they share a couple pops with their surgically enhanced second wives and talk about "the Auburn way". The beat goes on.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I've been generally supportive of Harsin until about a month ago. His inability to get on the same page as the boosters is just a deal breaker in the NIL world. So I think we need to move on. But I am getting increasingly disgusted at the way this is unfolding.  If the guy had an affair, then fire him for cause and let's move on. Let him move on.   If that's the case, why bring up all this other stuff, none of which is a fireable offense for cause, but is doing immense damage to Auburn's and Harsin's reputation. It's just starting to look like a coordinated smear campaign from people who didn't have the balls to just fire him for non-performance after a year,  SMH. Airing all this dirty laundry is going to make it that much  harder to move on in a positive manner.  What a CF.

There you have it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Why didn’t he play in the senior bowl?

Apparently playing in the shrine bowl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

This thing seems like it's the train heading for the bridge out ahead. The engineer pulled on the brake stick  and it broke off in his hand. A bitter Brian Harsin will hop on I-20 West. The players who moved on will get a couple extra "thumbs up" on their social media posts. The guys who stuck around will give their all for visionary up and rising coach Kevin Steele in his debut 4-8 season. ESPN will interview Bo Nix. The boosters will gather in Jimmy Rane's luxury suite with a smug look as they share a couple pops with their surgically enhanced second wives and talk about "the Auburn way". The beat goes on.

Probably the most likely take I have seen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has looked like a can of oily rags just waiting to combust. When Harsin got here a sizable group of boosters and fans didn't want him and passive-aggressively welcomed him with gritted teeth. Harsin has the worst personality for this environment and, primed by stuff he and the world had already heard about meddling, came prepared to mistrust and battle. AD and president did not or could not build a bridge between Harsin and the football stakeholders. I agree, the staff turnover and recruiting is befuddling. Perfect combination of personality flaws, missteps on both sides, some folks hoping gossip would become real enough to change course again, and nothing to temper those dysfunctions. Rags ignited. Everybody is getting burned. The impromptu "investigation" may extinguish the flames, but the place is going to smell like acrid smoke for a long time.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I’ve been supportive of Harsin all along, but this situation has me alarmed. It wasn’t a good thing when he fired Cornelius Williams, but I assumed there had to be a good reason. He failed as a leader with respect to Covid, but I didn’t turn negative. The five straight losses didn’t set me against him, and I was thrilled by the recruiting comeback. Losing Bo Nix isn’t good, but hey, kids want new experiences. Not for a second have I engaged the salacious rumor. I assume it isn’t true. (Most of us here have done the same.)

But when Mason left, and when about 20 players left, I’m now prepared to believe there’s a problem. The reporting worries me. The social media posts do too.

Here’s how I’m thinking about it now.

  • If some of my students aren’t learning, I try to reach them. If a lot of my students aren’t learning, then I assume I’m doing something wrong.
  • If a politician isn’t reaching their constituents, they need to change their approach.
  • If your business is losing customers, you don’t blame the customers.

In other words, I don’t think it’s as simple as soft players versus resilient players. Smoke Monday is in no way soft. I imagine there may have been resentments, communication failures, bad assumptions, misunderstandings, a few unhealthy personalities, all sorts of stuff. But in 2022 if you can’t keep your coaches and players, you can’t compete.

In the NFL, if a coach “loses his team,” it’s over. In college, there may be a chance of learning and growing. I’ve not given up yet, but I’m convinced Harsin has some role in the problems.

Excellent! My feelings also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

This has looked like a can of oily rags just waiting to combust. When Harsin got here a sizable group of boosters and fans didn't want him and passive-aggressively welcomed him with gritted teeth. Harsin has the worst personality for this environment and, primed by stuff he and the world had already heard about meddling, came prepared to mistrust and battle. AD and president did not or could not build a bridge between Harsin and the football stakeholders. Perfect combination of personality flaws, missteps on both sides, some folks hoping gossip would become real enough to change course again, and nothing to temper those dysfunctions. Rags ignited. Everybody is getting burned. The impromptu "investigation" may extinguish the flames, but the place is going to smell like acrid smoke for a long time.

You should be Phillip Marshall’s replacement 😂. I mean that with all respect ( kinda). Nice delivery.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know on one hand, people trying to run off Harsin is disconcerting. One might think that Harsin is the issue. Then on the other it is widely held that The same group of people trying to run off Harsin also tried to run off Bruce Pearl. The same Bruce Pearl that has the number 1 ranked MBB team right now. I would hope that people would eventually look in the mirror and see their own fault but ego driven individuals rarely do. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Sorry man just starting to add it up, it sure seems a lot more than the lay of the land. 6 assistant coaches gone and 18 players to the portal in 13 months. Five losses in a row, first time since 1950, gave up the biggest lead to lose a game in the history of the University, poor recruiting, can’t get the players out of the portal we need, just seems like a lot more than learning the lay of the land.

And then this current situation hits! I just can’t believe he’s under investigation by AU because of social media rumors. I just have more faith in Auburn than Harsin.

All the red flags center around one person and there are a lot of them. 

 

39 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

If not proven true, I hope everyone sues. Yes, he’s more high profile, but her reputation or professionalism have also taken a major hit. Disgusting. 

Everyone keeps saying this but who is she going to sue?  Auburn?  For a rumor that was born on a message board?  

Even the AU beat writers haven’t  touched this..  No one with Auburn has stated this at all. That should tell you what you need to know about that part of the “rumor”.  Just like here, on many forums its getting “zapped” where they put her name and/or links out.  

Its easy to put a tiny little spark on a message board and watch that become a flame.  Hell, I did it on a Bama board during the Cam saga to troll them and it spread to at least 3 different Bama boards 😂

For example, another salacious “rumor” came out yesterday that I am pretty sure started on the Rant…supposedly from “inside the AD” and involved the cousin of someone who goes to another SEC school….by the end of the day I had seen that repeated verbatim on Twitter, other forums, Instagram all with the “I Have a friend in the AD who sent this so TIFWIW”. 

So who is she going to sue….the Bunker?!?! 

What HAS happened is its all become one big rumor melting pot with some fact and some fiction, but from what is being reported these more “salacious” ones are just that, at least at this time. I don’t really believe it just because of where it came from. 

Now where it originated is another story but good look tracking THAT down.  My understanding is someone “tweeted” it then it made it to the Bunker and blew up but let’s be real…..the Bunker is an absolute cesspool of moronic activity. 

This is also not even something that has been or is being discussed on the donor board, which always tends to have a little more substance and a lot less of the rumor free for all this side has. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

You should be Phillip Marshall’s replacement 😂. I mean that with all respect ( kinda). Nice delivery.

It must be because it’s early in the morning and the ones without common sense aren’t up yet, but you and AUx are  spot on.   It really is a sad situation for everyone.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

It must be because it’s early in the morning and the ones without common sense aren’t up yet, but you and AUx are  spot on.   It really is a sad situation for everyone.   

It’s definitely because it’s early. I just had a cup of coffee and I am at my sharpest. I will quickly decline into decay as the day progresses 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...