Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

THEN MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE RAN HIM OFF OMG

Maybe Nix ran himself off? It goes both ways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Maybe Nix ran himself off? It goes both ways.

Why would Nix, a huge Auburn fan growing up, want to leave his dream job?

1 hour ago, au4life77 said:

I have been reading this forum for years, but never made an account. I decided to make one today because of how pissed off I am with what has happened over the past few days.

The behavior of SOME of our fanbase and the behavior of SOME of our donors has been an absolute disgrace. Its this BS why the Auburn fanbase has a bad reputation. Its this BS why if Harsin leaves most of the good coaches won't want to come here. 

When you hire a new coach you have to give him a chance. PERIOD. Typically that chance lasts 3 years, but if things are going really bad it may only be 2 years. But at a MINIMUM you give a coach 2 years. If you morons run this coach off after 1 year, it will be a black eye on our school and no decent coach will want to come here. PERIOD.

My opinion of Harsin is that I like some things about him, but I also have some concerns. I've seen some of the instability and transfers in the off season. The truth is that I don't know if he's the right guy or not, BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. September 3rd I'll be there cheering for him and hoping he succeeds. He'll either get it done or he won't. But you have to give him a chance.

The thing that pisses is me off is its usually the dumbest and most negative fans who are the loudest. A lot of them hated Harsin from the start and have been backstabbing him ever since. Also, I think its interesting that many of these same people are the ones who wanted to bench Nix for TJ Finley. Just goes to show how much these morons know about football. But they are always the loudest. Well, thats why I'm making an account. Its time for the silent majority to speak up.

The thing that sucks is this has already damaged our reputation and made it harder for Harsin going forward. The best we can hope for is that this rallies the team and we can go forward with a unified purpose. For you negative people out there, I suggest you focus on basketball until the season starts.

I look forward to interacting with some you in better circumstances. War Eagle.

Glad you joined and thanks for the comments! I completely agree with them 

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Basketball is flourishing because of Bruce Pearl! The PTB never cared about basketball, and it has never flourished the way it is now.

Really? Where did the 100 million dollars come from to build the b-ball facility?

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

His family said some of it was about the negativity of the fan base (not Harsin).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

I have been reading this forum for years, but never made an account. I decided to make one today because of how pissed off I am with what has happened over the past few days.

The behavior of SOME of our fanbase and the behavior of SOME of our donors has been an absolute disgrace. Its this BS why the Auburn fanbase has a bad reputation. Its this BS why if Harsin leaves most of the good coaches won't want to come here. 

When you hire a new coach you have to give him a chance. PERIOD. Typically that chance lasts 3 years, but if things are going really bad it may only be 2 years. But at a MINIMUM you give a coach 2 years. If you morons run this coach off after 1 year, it will be a black eye on our school and no decent coach will want to come here. PERIOD.

My opinion of Harsin is that I like some things about him, but I also have some concerns. I've seen some of the instability and transfers in the off season. The truth is that I don't know if he's the right guy or not, BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. September 3rd I'll be there cheering for him and hoping he succeeds. He'll either get it done or he won't. But you have to give him a chance.

The thing that pisses is me off is its usually the dumbest and most negative fans who are the loudest. A lot of them hated Harsin from the start and have been backstabbing him ever since. Also, I think its interesting that many of these same people are the ones who wanted to bench Nix for TJ Finley. Just goes to show how much these morons know about football. But they are always the loudest. Well, thats why I'm making an account. Its time for the silent majority to speak up.

The thing that sucks is this has already damaged our reputation and made it harder for Harsin going forward. The best we can hope for is that this rallies the team and we can go forward with a unified purpose. For you negative people out there, I suggest you focus on basketball until the season starts.

Glad you joined and thanks for the comments! I completely agree with them 

Sorry my comments didn’t seem to get in. Any way glad you joined and I totally agree with you

Edited by provibe

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

His family said why. All the hate from the fan base affected him. I also suspect that Harsin would not guarantee that he would be the starter next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

His family said some of it was about the negativity of the fan base (not Harsin).

He's got to have thicker skin than that. Every fan base has negative fans.

• Like 1

Just now, murpjf88 said:

He's got to have thicker skin than that. Every fan base has negative fans.

Are you questioning whether the comment is true or giving advice to Nix?

14 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

His family said why. All the hate from the fan base affected him. I also suspect that Harsin would not guarantee that he would be the starter next year.

I agree with the second part but Harsin was calling his own bluff. Was he really calling it a competition between Nix and Finley?

Also, if Nix left Auburn  because he didn't want a qb competition,  well, he stepped right into one at Oregon.

Edited by murpjf88

There’s an investigation going on headed by Gen. Burgess and Alan Greene?

And just a clue bird: Gen Burgess (A retired Army Intel Lieutenant General) is not investigating because of a rumor that was started on social media. He is not investigating because the BOT told him to do so. He would tell the BOT to go fly a kite!

The investigation is not being conducted by bammers, a fringe part of our Fanbase, the BOT or anyone else. It is being done by the highest ranking people at Auburn University, with attorneys!

Another thing you need to realize, if Auburn University wants to fire this head coach without cause, they can legally do it, they will just have to pay his buyout.

In other words have a little faith in Auburn University! Maybe try believing in Auburn and loving it!

Subject change:  As far as the BOT is the cause of AU’s NIL deals?? Or the BOT is not getting our player deals? Educate yourself below and you’ll see the BOT has little to nothing to do with these deals! Auburn players are actually doing quite well!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburn/2021/07/which-auburn-athletes-have-endorsement-deals-nil-partnerships.html%3foutputType=amp

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Maybe so, and Harsin ran Nix off along with a good portion of the rest of the team. 

Gus left this team hurting on talent. You don't hire a guy who does not prioritize recruiting, vets players like a Fortune 500 CEO before even talking to them and does nothing to sell the program when you are already behind. At the rate Harsin is working, it would take the guy 5 or more seasons to even get his head above water and he won't get that kind of time. 

I agree with you, he should get a chance to make it work...but being a hardass in this league is fine, if you can recruit. If you can't recruit, see Sylvester Croom. 

Recruiting is now all about NIL money. My bet is he got no support from our boosters like bama and a&m did. Just maybe if he had gotten some support, he could have done much better

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Are you questioning whether the comment is true or giving advice to Nix?

I'm questioning Nix's ability to handle criticism. He'll get eaten alive at the next level if he makes it that far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, provibe said:

Recruiting is now all about NIL money. My bet is he got no support from our boosters like bama and a&m did. Just maybe if he had gotten some support, he could have done much better

The boosters have little to nothing to do with NIL money. It is private companies, private businesses, capitalism 101. It is not college boosters, paying into an NIL pot, which players, and then start dipping money out of that NIL pot. That’s not how it works!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

BS on the fan stuff. It was mostly friction with Harsin. The Nixes need to grow up. I like Bo, but he isn't entitled to the starting QB job at Auburn because his daddy played here. He isn't above scrutiny for his play. And he certainly didn't endear himself to the Auburn faithful with his temper tantrums and attitude at times. 

• Like 4

All of what you mentioned has 0 to do with fans. Fans aren't the cause for this investigation or the current push to get him fired AT ALL.

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The boosters have little to nothing to do with NIL money. It is private companies, private businesses, capitalism 101. It is not college boosters, paying into an NIL pot, which players, and then start dipping money out of that NIL pot. That’s not how it works!

So boosters at Auburn and all other SEC schools don’t own businesses and can’t or don’t contribute through them to the players 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Private companies….owned by boosters.

Private businesses….owned by boosters.

Or if you are in Texas, LLCs set up by boosters as “charities” to funnel money to players to get their support for said “charity”. 

We can’t be naive to think that boosters are not involved in NIL because they 100% are.  

Football

-- Bo Nix: Milo’s tea, Bojangles, Alabama Department of Public Health.

-- Shaun Shivers: Yoke Gaming; upcoming apparel line; Locked on Auburn podcast; Princeps football camps.

-- TJ Finley: PSD Underwear; Princeps football camps.

What Auburn boosters own PSD underwear?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

BS on the fan stuff. It was mostly friction with Harsin. The Nixes need to grow up. I like Bo, but he isn't entitled to the starting QB job at Auburn because his daddy played here. He isn't above scrutiny for his play. And he certainly didn't endear himself to the Auburn faithful with his temper tantrums and attitude at times. 

I agree with your comments other than the first line. It is actually what they posted At the time. May not have been true but it is what they said.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Football

-- Shaun Shivers: Yoke Gaming; upcoming apparel line; Locked on Auburn podcast; Princeps football camps.

NEVER said they were the only ones contributing!!

24 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Really? Where did the 100 million dollars come from to build the b-ball facility?

That facility was built before Bruce Pearl what was hired, and basketball was not flushing then, believe me!

Edited by AU-24

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Football

If you think that this is what the NIL deals look like other places or how it actually works you are naive. Schools are setting up each player as their own LLC. Companies owned and associated with boosters are funneling money directly for “services rendered”. Not Milo’s tea and underwear 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

That facility was built before Bruce Pearl what was hired, and basketball was not flushing them, believe me!

I think he is referring to the money the board just approved to build the new practice facility.