Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Football

-- Bo Nix: Milo’s tea, Bojangles, Alabama Department of Public Health.

-- Shaun Shivers: Yoke Gaming; upcoming apparel line; Locked on Auburn podcast; Princeps football camps.

-- TJ Finley: PSD Underwear; Princeps football camps.

What Auburn boosters own PSD underwear?

Using an underwear company that mainly depends on the advertising of Instagram influencers isn’t the type of NIL deals I am talking about….and its not the type of NIL deals other schools are dealing in either.  

If that is all Auburn has to offer in regards to NIL then we are in big, big trouble…..its why NIL Auburn was created.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





Just now, provibe said:

 NEVER said they were the only ones contributing!!

Check the number of boosters per school, compared to the number of private businesses that would love to have a college athlete as a spokesperson. You’re looking at tens of thousands of businesses versus a handful of boosters.

And again, Auburn is actually doing quite well with these deals!

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree with your comments other than the first line. It is actually what they posted At the time. May not have been true but it is what they said.

That's what his sister and Mom said. They were likely venting THEIR OWN personal beef with the fans. Bo likely tuned a lot out. The girls were in the stands and probably read all the social media takes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, provibe said:

Recruiting is now all about NIL money. My bet is he got no support from our boosters like bama and a&m did. Just maybe if he had gotten some support, he could have done much better

That's not really true. Harsin doesn't really care for NIL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Using an underwear company that mainly depends on the advertising of Instagram influencers isn’t the type of NIL deals I am talking about….and its not the type of NIL deals other schools are dealing in either.  

If that is all Auburn has to offer in regards to NIL then we are in big, big trouble…..its why NIL Auburn was created.  

 

Again, Auburn is doing quite well on NIL deals. Reference my link above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Check the number of boosters per school, compared to the number of private businesses that would love to have a college athlete as a spokesperson. You’re looking at tens of thousands of businesses versus a handful of boosters.

And again, Auburn is actually doing quite well with these deals!

Doing quite well?  

I’m sure TJ Finley was happy to prance around in some no name underwear brand while Quinn Ewers got to drive around in his super charged Ford F-250 thanks to NIL.

 

But yes.   We are doing FANTASTIC.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin doesn't really care for NIL.

Did he really say that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's not really true. Harsin doesn't really care for NIL.

I have heard this also and that is a major issue going forward if he stays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

That facility was built before Bruce Pearl what was hired, and basketball was not flushing then, believe me!

I know when the facility was built. The point is that PTB type people ponied up the money 

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Doing quite well?  

I’m sure TJ Finley was happy to prance around in some no name underwear brand while Quinn Ewers got to drive around in his super charged Ford F-250 thanks to NIL.

 

But yes.   We are doing FANTASTIC. 

Yes, statistically speaking, AU is doing better than most schools!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harsin doesn't really care about winning either. It's obvious he doesn't want to. Just make stuff up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Doing quite well?  

I’m sure TJ Finley was happy to prance around in some no name underwear brand while Quinn Ewers got to drive around in his super charged Ford F-250 thanks to NIL.

 

But yes.   We are doing FANTASTIC.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburn/2021/07/which-auburn-athletes-have-endorsement-deals-nil-partnerships.html%3foutputType=amp
 

Link again here if you missed it. Again, Auburn is doing better than most schools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I know when the facility was built. The point is that PTB type people ponied up the money 

I don’t know if you are confused or I am confused. The point was made: basketball is flourishing because the PTB doesn’t care about basketball. My point: the PTB never cared about basketball and it never flourished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

She's something else isn't she? She will be telling us that Bear Bryant just happened to be in Dallas recruiting a player the day JFK was assassinated. In her eyes, Auburn does NOTHING wrong and EVERY bad thing that has ever happened at Auburn is due to the REC, ESPN, Paul Finebaum, Saban, etc. all conspiring to keep Auburn down. Oh yeah, she hates every coach not named Gus Malzahn and will come at you for bringing any positivity to this current team or saying anything good about Harsin. There's a few on here like that. 

Well, UAT was off that week. 🤯

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_football_team

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Wow I’m sure the Oline appreciates their all you can eat card at Big Mike’s while at TX they are getting $50k a season. 

Auburn was NOT prepared for NIL, and most big name programs are light years ahead of us. If you think those little deals with landscaping companies and steakhouses are what the players are looking for you are NAIVE.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Did he really say that?

He doesn’t use it during recruiting. Been known to discourage NIL deals on the team, thinks NIL shouldn’t even be a thing. Sees it as a distraction from football. 
 

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Doing quite well?  

I’m sure TJ Finley was happy to prance around in some no name underwear brand while Quinn Ewers got to drive around in his super charged Ford F-250 thanks to NIL.

 

But yes.   We are doing FANTASTIC.  

We do have the one of the best NIL per athlete for our athletic department. We have plenty of alums and business ready to spend some money. If coaches don’t use it for recruiting it’s on them. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The boosters have little to nothing to do with NIL money. It is private companies, private businesses, capitalism 101. It is not college boosters, paying into an NIL pot, which players, and then start dipping money out of that NIL pot. That’s not how it works!

You know how stupid this sounds? You do know that boosters own their company, don’t you?  It’s why they are boosters.   They have more money than sense.   The NIL deal set up by Davidson is for people with some extra money to spend to help with this NIL stuff.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Wow I’m sure the Oline appreciates their all you can eat card at Big Mike’s while at TX they are getting $50k a season. 

Auburn was NOT prepared for NIL, and most big name programs are light years ahead of us. If you think those little deals with landscaping companies and steakhouses are what the players are looking for you are NAIVE.  

I didn’t realize, I guess you’re the type that just can’t be wrong, even when proven wrong. Again, statistically speaking and for the last time, compared to other schools in the nation, Auburn is doing quite well!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aubaseball said:

You know how stupid this sounds? You do know that boosters own their company, don’t you?  It’s why they are boosters.   They have more money than sense.   The NIL deal set up by Davidson is for people with some extra money to spend to help with this NIL stuff.  

How many boosters are there? How many private companies are there in America? Who’s stupid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t know if you are confused or I am confused. The point was made: basketball is flourishing because the PTB doesn’t care about basketball. My point: the PTB never cared about basketball and it never flourished. 

WHAT?

Who the hell do you think is paying Bruce’s new contract deal and giving him everything off his wish list? 

Who do you think provided gift funds to build Auburn Arena which without it, we probably would not be able to get a coach like Pearl???

THE BOOSTERS that’s who.  They care about athletics as a whole, not just football, I can assure you of that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I

WHAT?

Who the hell do you think is paying Bruce’s new contract deal and giving him everything off his wish list? 

Who do you think provided gift funds to build Auburn Arena which without it, we probably would not be able to get a coach like Pearl???

THE BOOSTERS that’s who.  They care about athletics as a whole, not just football, I can assure you of that. 

Dang girl, you have some issues. For the umpteenth time. A poster wrote: the reason basketball is flourishing is because the boosters don’t care about basketball. If that’s the case, basketball would have always flourished! It’s not like they suddenly lost interest in the program, so that’s why it’s suddenly doing well. Do you get it now?

Edited by AU-24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things get misinterpreted, he felt that the NIL could be a distraction for players and could be a negative affect on academics and reaching their football goals.  They have been proactively working with Auburn NIL

He was more concerned that some quick money short term could do more damage to some players long term success in life.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...