Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

How many boosters are there? How many private companies are there in America? Who’s stupid?

That’s not how that works my man.   Private company A (insert school ties)is not going to give money to a kid that goes to auburn.   Most of the money will come from a company that has ties to a school.   There maybe exceptions in the case of a player that is popular and someone thinks he will become a 1st round NFL type player .   

Link to comment
Share on other sites





41 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

There’s an investigation going on headed by Gen. Burgess and Alan Greene?

And just a clue bird: Gen Burgess (A retired Army Intel Lieutenant General) is not investigating because of a rumor that was started on social media. He is not investigating because the BOT told him to do so. He would tell the BOT to go fly a kite!

The investigation is not being conducted by bammers, a fringe part of our Fanbase, the BOT or anyone else. It is being done by the highest ranking people at Auburn University, with attorneys!

Another thing you need to realize, if Auburn University wants to fire this head coach without cause, they can legally do it, they will just have to pay his buyout.

In other words have a little faith in Auburn University! Maybe try believing in Auburn and loving it!

Subject change:  As far as the BOT is the cause of AU’s NIL deals?? Or the BOT is not getting our player deals? Educate yourself below and you’ll see the BOT has little to nothing to do with these deals! Auburn players are actually doing quite well!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburn/2021/07/which-auburn-athletes-have-endorsement-deals-nil-partnerships.html%3foutputType=amp

In your mind:Burgess/Green =
Auburn 

And Harsin = what? Not Auburn?Doesn't he draw a paycheck from the same University?


Harsin is the coach for Auburn !

Why don’t you start believing in Auburn and loving it?  
 

 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Taco said:

He doesn’t use it during recruiting. Been known to discourage NIL deals on the team, thinks NIL shouldn’t even be a thing. Sees it as a distraction from football. 
 

We do have the one of the best NIL per athlete for our athletic department. We have plenty of alums and business ready to spend some money. If coaches don’t use it for recruiting it’s on them. 

If that is really true, he's dug his own grave. Can't recover from this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality of the situation if we do not embrace the NIL we will not get any highly rated recruits. My understanding is that is why we lost the transfers to Ole Miss and FL. Harsin  didn’t want them to talk to Jason Campbell who is heading up our NIL program.

Edited by Dshep4au
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Things get misinterpreted, he felt that the NIL could be a distraction for players and could be a negative affect on academics and reaching their football goals.  They have been proactively working with Auburn NIL

He was more concerned that some quick money short term could do more damage to some players long term success in life.

I could see how this would be a concern for ANY coach right now….especially one like Harsin who was a walk on who worked his way into playing time and had nothing like NIL, etc.  But that’s why he gets paid the big bucks, to balance it and keep players motivated and not focused on short term earnings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Doing quite well?  

I’m sure TJ Finley was happy to prance around in some no name underwear brand while Quinn Ewers got to drive around in his super charged Ford F-250 thanks to NIL.

 

But yes.   We are doing FANTASTIC.  

This is an absolutely terrible comparison even tho I agree with your overall point 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Why would Nix, a huge Auburn fan growing up, want to leave his dream job?

Bo fulfilled his dream and his commitment to AU.. He went to AU and he graduated from AU which is what college is all about. After college, people move on to their careers and livelihood. Bo cut the emotional ties and made the decision that he thought would give him the most future value. I think he made the correct call. For all of us, it is about emotion, for him it could mean the difference between possibly playing in the NFL for millions or working at a bank. Ones love for AU only goes so far and it should be a two-way street.

I do not blame him for wanting showcase his skills to the NFL with a team that had an OL that could block for him and receivers who could catch the ball and as opposed to playing another year at a school with a revolving door of OC's, where the OL could not protect him and the receivers could not catch, and the fanatics in the fan base still BLAMED him for everything (as I read it he was only playing because of who his daddy was, he really was not the best QB AU had, or so say the fanatics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Wow I’m sure the Oline appreciates their all you can eat card at Big Mike’s while at TX they are getting $50k a season. 

Auburn was NOT prepared for NIL, and most big name programs are light years ahead of us. If you think those little deals with landscaping companies and steakhouses are what the players are looking for you are NAIVE.  

So is there anything we can really do, or is being done, to change that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, W.E.D said:

This is an absolutely terrible comparison even tho I agree with your overall point 

I mean yes it is but Ewers had not even stepped foot on campus while AU’s starting QB was making tea commercials for Milo’s. 

Bryce Young had close to a $1M in NIL deals before he even took a snap. 

We want the players?  We got to compete with the big boys and its insane what schools like Texas, Texas A&M, etc are doing at this point.  Some of it is Al state laws that are hampering all schools in the state, which apparently is being legislated as we speak.

But unfortunately, its the time we live in and if you are a top OLine deciding between Auburn and a school like Texas where would you go?  

$50k a year buys a damn lot of steaks 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is all really quite simple.. Has this done enuf damage that Harsin/AU can't compete. If the answer is yes.. Pay the buy out and move on. AU will suffer in the end , either w 2 or 3 more Yrs with Harsin hamstrung or right now for firing a coach after 1 yr

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So is there anything we can really do, or is being done, to change that?

They have formed NIL Auburn but look at this past recruiting season and the NIL deals that have been thrown around and look at Auburn’s list and ask yourself it if looks like we are truly competitive yet in that aspect. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way other schools are using NIL is straight up paying players filtered through whatever “rules” are in place. I suspect after what a&m did this year it will get a crack down but anything short of what they did is way behind the curve.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

There’s an investigation going on headed by Gen. Burgess and Alan Greene?

And just a clue bird: Gen Burgess (A retired Army Intel Lieutenant General) is not investigating because of a rumor that was started on social media. He is not investigating because the BOT told him to do so. He would tell the BOT to go fly a kite!

The investigation is not being conducted by bammers, a fringe part of our Fanbase, the BOT or anyone else. It is being done by the highest ranking people at Auburn University, with attorneys!

Another thing you need to realize, if Auburn University wants to fire this head coach without cause, they can legally do it, they will just have to pay his buyout.

In other words have a little faith in Auburn University! Maybe try believing in Auburn and loving it!

Subject change:  As far as the BOT is the cause of AU’s NIL deals?? Or the BOT is not getting our player deals? Educate yourself below and you’ll see the BOT has little to nothing to do with these deals! Auburn players are actually doing quite well!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburn/2021/07/which-auburn-athletes-have-endorsement-deals-nil-partnerships.html%3foutputType=amp

You are talking to Bird, correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I could see how this would be a concern for ANY coach right now….especially one like Harsin who was a walk on who worked his way into playing time and had nothing like NIL, etc.  But that’s why he gets paid the big bucks, to balance it and keep players motivated and not focused on short term earnings. 

To be fair, he was not paid the big bucks to do this, but it did get added to the job description!!!  Lol

i would hope that the athletic departments are setting up education for student athletes as they figure out what everything behind the NIL stuff unfolds.  There are so many different factors that student athletes are gonna need help understanding and there will need to be staff to help them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

They have formed NIL Auburn but look at this past recruiting season and the NIL deals that have been thrown around and look at Auburn’s list and ask yourself it if looks like we are truly competitive yet in that aspect. 

 

Hence the first part of my question--is there anything we can do to change that? If it's mainly that our coach refuses to engage with it, that makes me feel a lot better. But if we just don't have a strong alumni base, we might as well shut the program down.

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I mean yes it is but Ewers had not even stepped foot on campus while AU’s starting QB was making tea commercials for Milo’s. 

Bryce Young had close to a $1M in NIL deals before he even took a snap. 

We want the players?  We got to compete with the big boys and its insane what schools like Texas, Texas A&M, etc are doing at this point.  Some of it is Al state laws that are hampering all schools in the state, which apparently is being legislated as we speak.

But unfortunately, its the time we live in and if you are a top OLine deciding between Auburn and a school like Texas where would you go?  

$50k a year buys a damn lot of steaks 😂

Bo should have been your example.  As a legacy and 5* QB. Multi year stater, feel like getting a tea deal was kinda weak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rich Mcglynn is why we are behind in the NIL arena.  With the ongoing Basketball investigation last year it was not being utilized how it could and should have been.  Being cautious.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Rich Mcglynn is why we are behind in the NIL arena.  With the ongoing Basketball investigation last year it was not being utilized how it could and should have been.  Being cautious.

Does it help that the investigation is over now? If not, can we get rid of McGlynn too?

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hence the first part of my question--is there anything we can do to change that? If it's mainly that our coach refuses to engage with it, ok. If Metafour is to be believed, that's what's happening and it makes me feel more hopeful about the fixability of our current predicament.

College coaches are prohibited from brokering deals for college athletes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Does it help that the investigation is over now? If not, can we get rid of McGlynn too?

I think that is why you have seen the current movement and evolution of Auburn NIL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

He doesn’t use it during recruiting. Been known to discourage NIL deals on the team, thinks NIL shouldn’t even be a thing. Sees it as a distraction from football. 

How many times does someone have to say it?  A school has nothing to do with NIL!   If a school is found out that it is setting up NIL deals, a school can be punished for breaking the rules.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Just now, auburnphan said:

I think that is why you have seen the current movement and evolution of Auburn NIL

I hope "movement and evolution" = positive direction. Why we need to hope our recruiting problems lie with the HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

How many times does someone have to say it?  A school has nothing to do with NIL!   If a school is found out that it is setting up NIL deals, a school can be punished for breaking the rules.   

Exactly, that is when you know a rumor is bs.  Part of the initial smear campaign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

In your mind:Burgess/Green =
Auburn 

And Harsin = what? Not Auburn?Doesn't he draw a paycheck from the same University?


Harsin is the coach for Auburn !

Why don’t you start believing in Auburn and loving it?  
 

 

Seriously, why does anyone respond to this mouth breather?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

 

I hope "movement and evolution" = positive direction. Why we need to hope our recruiting problems lie with the HC.

There is always blame on the staff, no doubt.  Personally my expectations were on next years class to see more higher rated players, but I don’t know what to expect now with all this controversy.  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...