Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

24 minutes ago, gman87 said:

So what damage are you talking about?

3 offensive coordinators, 2 defensive coordinators in less than a year.  Wide receiver coach fired a few games into the season. Some of his top recruiters...gone. 

Losing season with a five game losing streak and a nearly 30 point comeback loss at home to a team of equal or lesser talent. 

Terrible recruiting. Didn't address our greatest needs, not looking good in the portal so far. 

Lost 19 players so far to the portal. 

For a first year coach, that's not a good sign. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 2

Hmm. They're usually a package deal. Running solo 2nite.

Spike_Chester.gif

Edited by AUx
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, gman87 said:

1) I wasn't going to break down every individual players comments. What I said is what I read. The players that left, and have commented, said "in general" that Harsin is a demanding hardass and didn't try and get to know them on a personal level. The players "in general" staying have said that they wanted a good coach to make them better, and they think Harsin is that guy. If you see it different, I don't know why unless it's an errant comment from a single player that I missed in this whole cluster****.

2) Corn, the WRs were dropping balls that hit them dead in the hands and got marginally better after he left. I have no inside info on what went down there but at least they started catching the ball somewhat. That's an area where you have to give the HC the latitude to make a change if he deems it necessary. The HC and every other coach's job depends on success and if he sees it as a problem area then cut bait. Corn may be an awesome coach but in this instance, HC saw a reason to fire him. I don't see a HC doing that lightly so giving the benefit of doubt to Harsin for sure.

3) The only thing that remotely approached someone calling Harsin racist was the comment from Smoke saying he's from the north and I'm from the south and from the hood and Harsin didn't "get" him, and Lee Hunter saying Harsin treated him like a dog. Those could be construed as insinuating racism for someone trying to twist it into the conversation. There are different type of motivations and coaches, some use carrots and sticks, do what I say and get a carrot, don't and get the stick. I contend the disgruntled guys didn't want to work or listen to get the carrot and didn't' like the stick. And on side note, you don't have to play football to be tough, there are tons of life experiences that require physical and mental toughness, especially if you aren't a gifted athlete.

You took stuff and twisted it or missed the thought. Either way I'm not going to try to get stuff back straight just to argue it so ok. 

Side note: I know this but in this case it's people questioning toughness in football which most not only would not say to the guys in person once again most of these guys come from situations much tougher than most on here could dream. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You took stuff and twisted it or missed the thought. Either way I'm not going to try to get stuff back straight just to argue it so ok. 

Side note: I know this but in this case it's people questioning toughness in football which most not only would not say to the guys in person once again most of these guys come from situations much tougher than most on here could dream. 

Regarding your side note:  When someone calls a football player soft, it doesn’t mean they are weak or couldn’t kick the guys ass.  Soft means doesn’t want to work hard, doesn't accept rules and discipline, doesn’t take care of the little things, doesn’t show commitment to the overall process, doesn’t get IT. Of course Smoke is an athletic hard nosed freak of a DB that can lay any guy out, but he doesn’t get IT. Don’t you agree?  Another sample, Tom Brady is not soft. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Regarding your side note:  When someone calls a football player soft, it doesn’t mean they are weak or couldn’t kick the guys ass.  Soft means doesn’t want to work hard, doesn't accept rules and discipline, doesn’t take care of the little things, doesn’t show commitment to the overall process, doesn’t get IT. Of course Smoke is an athletic hard nosed freak of a DB that can lay any guy out, but he doesn’t get IT. Don’t you agree?  Another sample, Tom Brady is not soft. 

This just goes to show no one actually listened to what the players have actually said.  None of them mentioned the work was too hard, the rules weren't acceptable, didn't want to commit to the team, etc.

It was 100% about relationships outside of football.

Y'all want to preach family then stick your nose up at kids that say they need help, guidance, and support.  Which is what the complaints were about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

No I don't agree. I don't agree actual soft peoplecalling athletes soft because they are jealous. What do you know of smoke to come to a conclusion he doesn't take care of the little things? Just because you aren't a hall of famer doesn't mean you are soft.

Once again it's just saying stuff. If it's cool to do that to a player then it's cool to do it to a coach

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bo should have been your example.  As a legacy and 5* QB. Multi year stater, feel like getting a tea deal was kinda weak.

weak tea?

• Haha 1

It's borderline stupid.....Bruce Pearl isn't a hard nose tough coach. I wonder why his team's are usually so good?

Just because these kids expressed their coach didn't try to connect to them people took the soft stuff and ran with it. It's sad really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No I don't agree. I don't agree actual soft peoplecalling athletes soft because they are jealous. What do you know of smoke to come to a conclusion he doesn't take care of the little things? Just because you aren't a hall of famer doesn't mean you are soft.

Once again it's just saying stuff. If it's cool to do that to a player then it's cool to do it to a coach

I don’t disagree with you. But you just kept bringing physical traits up and not mental. Smoke was his own worst enemy at times on the field. If you review Smokes ply on the field without bias, his physical strengths outweighed his mental strengths  

I actually agree in your support for the athletes, and think it goes for both sides of the Harsin debate if I have read your posts correctly. Remember, Harsin has more support from the athletes than non-support.  

It’s weird, people bitched and bitched about Bo, and were happy to see him leave. But now he left because of Harsin. And Bo was not soft!  

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's borderline stupid.....Bruce Pearl isn't a hard nose tough coach. I wonder why his team's are usually so good?

Just because these kids expressed their coach didn't try to connect to them people took the soft stuff and ran with it. It's sad really. 

It's probably a combination of some kind. Harsin is a cold, disconnected guy and the players probably got a little spoiled under the Gus regime. It's the players themselves calling the ones who left soft. Idk that I'd fully agree but I don't think it's all one way or the other. 

5 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

I don’t disagree with you. But you just kept bringing physical traits up and not mental. Smoke was his own worst enemy at times on the field. If you review Smokes ply on the field without bias, his physical strengths outweighed his mental strengths  

I actually agree in your support for the athletes, and think it goes for both sides of the Harsin debate if I have read your posts correctly. Remember, Harsin has more support from the athletes than non-support.  

It’s weird, people bitched and bitched about Bo, and were happy to see him leave. But now he left because of Harsin. And Bo was not soft!  

Because a decent human shouldn't really be comparing another's mental capacity or mental toughness on what they perceived a mistake was made on the field. 

But even if they do they certainly shouldn't feel they are tougher because they FEEL that they could do better, which we wouldn't ever know because they weren't good enough to even attempt it. You don't know smoke. You don't know his mental make up. And there is really no logic on earth to come to a conclusion Bo is tough but smoke is not.....no metric. Not mistakes, production, nothing. 

Btw even Tom Brady wouldn't claim to be tougher than a safety that loves to play in the box. 

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Cool. Post the other part about his lack of recruiting from the same article. 

Oh oh.....that's going to make him upset

Just now, Taco said:

Cool. Post the other part about his lack of recruiting from the same article. 

It's part of the problem. Is a player going to pick a school that the head coach doesn't have enough assistants or position coaches? No, it all trickles down. 

• Like 1

Oh oh.....that's going to make him upset

I’ll personally fork up the money for him to hire his OC of choice if he spent more than 1 day at Central Phenix High School recruiting if he ever comes back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn06 said:

It's part of the problem. Is a player going to pick a school that the head coach doesn't have enough assistants or position coaches? No, it all trickles down. 

A player won’t have a choice to pick us if the damn program isn’t there 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Btw even Tom Brady wouldn't claim to be tougher than a safety that loves to play in the box. 

Haha, he’d show him 7 rings and his wife and tell him to STFU. We are not discussing the same point, so I’ll move on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

😂 Nah I'm good but glad you are concerned 👌 

Oh it was personal. Well that's what I was saying in the first place. Thanks for the confirmation👌🏿

I just don't think or at least don't remember having an interaction before that 😂

Oh it was personal. Well that's what I was saying in the first place. Thanks for the confirmation👌🏿

I just don't think or at least don't remember having an interaction before that 😂

Your post is confusing, what do you mean thats what you were saying in the first place?

Having interaction before what?

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Haha, he’d show him 7 rings and his wife and tell him to STFU. We are not discussing the same point, so I’ll move on. 

Lol. Actually he wouldn't because he understands that he's dealing with another person. And I doubt a safety with his own rings and own wife would care about that response even if Brady did do something like that. 

As far as the point we probably aren't because there's nobody on here that can read a person's mental capacity but watching them play football. 

But cool let's move on

Just now, autiger88 said:

Your post is confusing, what do you mean thats what you were saying in the first place?

Having interaction before what?

He asked you the same thing I did but with him you just responded with an article. With me you responded with an insult and emoji. You had animosity for some reason

Lol. Actually he wouldn't because he understands that he's dealing with another person. And I doubt a safety with his own rings and own wife would care about that response even if Brady did do something like that. 

As far as the point we probably aren't because there's nobody on here that can read a person's mental capacity but watching them play football. 

But cool let's move on

By the way, mental capacity was in reference to decision making, attitude, player acumen, response to adversity, football knowledge. So don’t make it out as something it is not. 

• Haha 1