Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Screenshot_20220205-194655.png

Lol; He sure did hire and fire enough assistant coaches for not being able to do it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

778C0EB4-2E4B-455C-A7F1-4D9DCEAE0BB3.thumb.jpeg.3407b623932677ae9022f7a1074505b3.jpegDB1A99A4-33F6-4C18-9223-476B87EBADF6.thumb.jpeg.fe756e4383dd323567ce15d68cc4fd1c.jpeg

Ok that is DEFINITELY coming from Harsin.

Couldn’t hire assistants?  Can we talk about the guy he was wanting to hire that was under NCAA investigation and was just forced to resign from his current job that AU compliance thankfully stopped him from hiring??? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Couldn’t hire assistants?  Can we talk about the guy he was wanting to hire that was under NCAA investigation and was just forced to resign from his current job that AU compliance thankfully stopped him from hiring??? 

I can see why there was a hold up..

• Haha 1

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

I can see why there was a hold up..

Well its not lost on me that the person Harsin ran to when he wanted his side told was Pete Freaking Thamel.  

He was probably frothing at the mouth to write another great hit piece on Auburn. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So. Are we ever going to find out who started these rumors? 

This investigation by the university doesn’t appear to have anything to do with affair rumors.  

I think that is just crap from message boards

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It also sounds like BOT are preventing us from being successful. First by being cheap and hiring the 4th option and not sharing information on budget. Lame

If I gave someone power to hire coaches and he hires, and fires and I have to pay all these buyouts and then he tries to hire someone who is under investigation and then the one he does hires doesn't show up for work and then resigns.

Think about it.. I would hold up funds too

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Well, it really is sad if the HC cannot receive salary parameters needed to hire essential Staff Personnel. That sounds so very JABA. That would indeed be a pitiful situation and hard to be successful in any form. 
This on top of everything else, if true, would be dreadfully difficult to understand. JMO

Pretty easy to understand. Yellow Fellow and his possee want Harsin to ride out of town at sundown

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Well its not lost on me that the person Harsin ran to when he wanted his side told was Pete Freaking Thamel.  

He was probably frothing at the mouth to write another great hit piece on Auburn. 

I agree,very unusual for a sitting coach to call the media and air his side of the story. Especially if he is on vacay

Edited by NWALA Tiger

4 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

This investigation by the university doesn’t appear to have anything to do with affair rumors.  

I think that is just crap from message boards

I figured. But they’re investigating something. And if it’s the boosters desperately looking for a way to get him fired for cause, that’s terrifying. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

If I gave someone power to hire coaches and he hires, and fires and I have to pay all these buyouts and then he tries to hire someone who is under investigation and then the one he does hires doesn't show up for work and then resigns.

AU HR working termination letters and employment contracts over the last 12 months ...

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Just now, Randman5000 said:

It also sounds like BOT are preventing us from being successful. F irst by being cheap and hiring the 4th option and not sharing information on budget. Lame

Doesn’t really seem like they are going cheap with Harsin’s staff….we were paying Mike Bobo $1.3M and anyone paying attention should have known we were getting the shaft in that deal.   

I’ve watched enough SEC football in my life to know that when Bobo left UGA they celebrated, and after he completely flopped at CSU he finished off Muschamp at USC.  

I mean our Dline coach was making $700K a year and wrap your mind around this….we are paying $700k to Will Friend and he is terrible.  At least Eason proved his worth but Friend is awful. 

Auburn paid Williams $600k to coach 4 games before Harsin fired him FOR WHAT?  We still don’t really know.  If you don’t think Williams is doing his best hey maybe you keep him on staff and have your analyst assist with the WRs then let him go at the end of the season if you still aren’t happy. 

Just being real but some of these guys are freaking overpaid for the crap they put on the field and their s***ty recruiting.  Like do they have naked pics of our BOT or something?

So yeah, if I was shucking out my hard earned money to pay for this you damn well bet I might be asking some questions or holding the purse strings with how this has all gone down. 

These guys are businessmen and so far the return on Harsin and his staff has been a net negative for Auburn so of course, they aren’t going to be as easily giving the second or third time on the assistant coaching carousel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree,very unusual for a sitting coach to call the media and air his side of the story. Especially if he is on vacay

After what Thamel did to Auburn during the Cam stuff, Harsin should be fired for cause just for running his mouth to him.

Its like Harsin said hey…let me find the most putrid, low life reporter who hates Auburn more than anyone and THAT is who I am going to air all my grievances to.  But yes, I’m an Auburn man and the ONLY person for this job. 

Sorry I have had some wine and I’m wound up now. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Doesn’t really seem like they are going cheap with Harsin’s staff….we were paying Mike Bobo $1.3M and anyone paying attention should have known we were getting the shaft in that deal.   

I’ve watched enough SEC football in my life to know that when Bobo left UGA they celebrated, and after he completely flopped at CSU he finished off Muschamp at USC.  

I mean our Dline coach was making $700K a year and wrap your mind around this….we are paying $700k to Will Friend and he is terrible.  At least Eason proved his worth but Friend is awful. 

Auburn paid Williams $600k to coach 4 games before Harsin fired him FOR WHAT?  We still don’t really know.  If you don’t think Williams is doing his best hey maybe you keep him on staff and have your analyst assist with the WRs then let him go at the end of the season if you still aren’t happy. 

Just being real but some of these guys are freaking overpaid for the crap they put on the field and their s***ty recruiting.  Like do they have naked pics of our BOT or something?

So yeah, if I was shucking out my hard earned money to pay for this you damn well bet I might be asking some questions or holding the purse strings with how this has all gone down. 

These guys are businessmen and so far the return on Harsin and his staff has been a net negative for Auburn so of course, they aren’t going to be as easily giving the second or third time on the assistant coaching carousel. 

Cheap by hiring the fourth option for HC. 

1 hour ago, gman87 said:

maybe he just needs more time to get to know the guys considering he didn't recruit any of them and has only been here a year. 

Well, the thing the multi-million dollar coach has to do is extend himself out there and do the extra leg work to get to know them. Saban, Gus, whatever coaches that are known for being "player coaches" don't get to that status by not talking to kids' parents, shirking commemorative events, and not having a compassionate side. Those all just being potential examples one could reach out. 

The consistent theme with the Harsin reports is that he fails to turn off the hard ass side when he's off the field (at least since getting to Auburn).

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just an off the wall question.... are their posters on here with more than 1 screen name?

I'm sure the IP addresses would alert the mods. I don't know, but there are some nuts here. People have lost their sanity.  This stuff has always been around Auburn, since Dye resigned. Bowden, Tuberville, Chizik, Malzahn, and now Harsin. I'm sure a lot of the problems were real, but this reeks of Jetgate to me. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I hope the BoT is vividly exposed and fails, but Harsin is doing a pretty piss poor job in utilizing money so far and certainly a non inspiring job in the staff continuity he has led to this point. 

Now, that's just me assuming the handcuffing has came as of late, which is my interpretation. I don't have a reason to believe he was handcuffed from the jump with the money doled out to Bobo, Derek, etc. I think the BoT should not be intrusive as we all do, but I can't tell anyone to spend money just to lead a revolving door of hires and fires. 

• Like 2

Harsin has to get him a "boom" going, and gum. A visor would be good. And, learn to say, "Aw shucks". Just kidding. This program was built on sand, for a few years, and Harsin is pouring concrete. That's my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Harsin has to get him a "boom" going, and gum. A visor would be good. And, learn to say, "Aw shucks". Just kidding. This program was built on sand, for a few years, and Harsin is pouring concrete. That's my opinion. 

Maybe.  But he's got some learning to do if he wants to be successful down here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The ESPN article seems to spit some hard truth. Anyone who thinks the leadership, boosters, structural organization, whatever you want to call it, at Auburn is good is crazy. It's bigger than Harsin. They can get "their man" and as soon as things go south some type of drama will conveniently come out 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

But at Auburn he had the Fanatics that actually believed he has a NFL talent level, and passed a bunch of blame to others as you mentioned. He won't get that anywhere else.

I never heard BO pass blame to anyone, but then again he may have and I may have missed it. However, what I said about the situation at AU was 100% true.

Bo is an Auburn man, an Auburn Graduate, who fulfilled his dream and obligation to AU. After that, he did what he thought was best for himself and his future. Same thing as any of the fanatics who criticized him would do if they had his level of talent and thought it would enhance their prospects in the NFL. 

It is very easy for those working 9-5 jobs, those without the possible potential for an NFL career to make millions, to fault Bo for leaving their beloved AU (like they would stick with AU and pass up the opportunity to make millions to stay at their 9-5 job)

I don't know if Bo made the correct decision or if he will ever make it in the NFL, but I respect his right to make whatever decision he deems best for himself and, in my eyes, he is no less of an Auburn man for doing so. He has already done more for AU than the 99% of the people that criticize him for his choice and otherwise show no appreciation for what he gave to AU (yeah, I know AU also gave Bo a lot as well, but nothing any one of dozens of other schools who recruited him would have given him).

Edited by rockfordpi
clairify

6 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

I never heard BO pass blame to anyone, but then again he may have and I may have missed it. However, what I said about the situation at AU was 100% true.

Bo is an Auburn man, an Auburn Graduate, who fulfilled his dream and obligation to AU. After that, he did what he thought was best for himself and his future. Same thing as any of the fanatics who criticized him would do if they had his level of talent and thought it would enhance their prospects in the NFL. 

It is very easy for those working 9-5 jobs, those without the possible potential for an NFL career to make millions, to fault Bo for leaving their beloved AU (like they would stick with AU and pass up the opportunity to make millions to stay at their 9-5 job)

I don't know if Bo made the correct decision or if he will ever make it in the NFL, but I respect his right to make whatever decision he deems best for himself and, in my eyes, he is no less of an Auburn man for doing so. He has already done more for AU than the 99% of the people that criticize him for his choice and otherwise show no appreciation for what he gave to AU (yeah, I know AU also gave Bo a lot as well, but nothing any one of dozens of other schools who recruited him would have given him).

Sure seemed to me like he was passing on blame to others when he'd undress his teammates and even his OC on the sidelines at games. To the point that even tight lipped Harsin publicly said he told him to check it. Agree with the rest of what you said though. He and other players should do what's best for them. 

• Like 2