Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

Got it. Thank you good sir. That's what I've been curious about all weekend. Is there actual evidence that would amount to cause out separate from the alleged affair.

Supposedly there could be. Hence the investigation.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Carolina panthers Coach Rhule.

From New York and an NFL coach. Our fans will HATE part one. Carolina's taking him back, so to jump he'd have leverage and will likely want full control, which our boosters will hate 

19 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I've pretty much refrained from adding anything to this thread and all the rumors and speculation, hoping none of it was true. After the past season I'm not a big Harsin fan but I was willing to give him at least one more year. But after the recruiting results I wasn't sure anymore. I have been waiting to hear from my source before saying much. Lot's here have sources but I only have one really good one because of where he/she works at AU. I'm not going to say where so take it FWIW. I have been waiting to hear from him/her and finally did about an hour ago. So here goes with what I was told.

1. Harsin is gone with announcement in 2-3 days. Only waiting for a little more results from the so-called Gogue investigation.

2. The rumor about an affair of some kind is unfortunately true. She is/was an assistant to Coach Mason. Connect those dots. I hate it.

3. Nothing to say yet about Greene but he is out of the loop right now.

4. Hold your hat. The two top candidates being discussed to replace Harsin at this moment are Steele and Rhule.

I wish so much for the school I love that all this was just a bad dream and I would wake up in the morning and it was.

Thanks, that's quite an update. Much appreciated.  I actually take #2 as good news. As messed up as this is, that is the best way out for everybody at this point. (except maybe Harsin's wife). Of Rhule and Steele, I can live with Rhule. Really hope it's not Steele. Mainly because that's a lot of baggage that comes with him.

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

No Rhule doesn’t fit the criteria. 

Look of a guy with an SEC background/experience. I don’t know names I don’t know “top 2” or whatever. But I know it’s not Kevin Steele. 

If u don't know names and don't know top 2...  how do u know its not steele

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

No Rhule doesn’t fit the criteria. 

Look of a guy with an SEC background/experience. I don’t know names I don’t know “top 2” or whatever. But I know it’s not Kevin Steele. 

I hope your source is better than mine that Steele isn't even a candidate. I don't know much about Rhule.

Honestly Steele probably only coming up because it fits with the narrative when Harsin was hired. 

31 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Jay Gogue, Auburn's President, along with Gen Burgess are investigating complaints that have been made, not on a website or in an article, but by people at Auburn.  They didn't just grab an idea from the air and go with it.

Finally! At least one other person realizes this!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I refuse to believe all of this is to get Kevin Effing Steele as Head Coach as the desired outcome of this inevitable coaching search @zeroforwinger. They saw the reaction last year. If they really go down that route and avenue then they are the most tone deaf power broker's at a major school. It would be a collosal disaster and fans would be furious and speak out via their wallets. Our PTB and money guys are dysfunctional but man I would hope they aren't this dumb!!!

We are getting freeze . Join the dark side brother 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I hope your source is better than mine that Steele isn't even a candidate. I don't know much about Rhule.

I understand why both names are being floated. Steele because of what happened before, and people do feel like he can get a solid staff in, he can recruit, and the NIL changes a lot and fixes a lot. But it’s just horrible on paper to pull the trigger on this.

Rhules been looking for an out since halfway through the season. His names been linked to Penn State, Michigan, any big job being open. Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Probably not. 

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Finally! At least one other person realizes this!

Realizing and knowing are two different things. Some of us are just trying to get information. If it's this damned obvious, please. Share with us cretins. We can't help it if we're not as smart. We're actually trying over here.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I'd love Fickell from Cincy. No way he'd take the job unless it was like a stupid salary.

You ain’t getting Fickell with a Brinks. He turned down ND.

26 minutes ago, AUx said:

You are so astute to pick up on that. Bet it went over most people's head! 🤣

Coming from you: that is a great big thank you!

Living in an age where most care more about how “they feel” or what “they want” to believe, versus dealing with facts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Realizing and knowing are two different things. Some of us are just trying to get information. If it's this damned obvious, please. Share with us cretins. We can't help it if we're not as smart. We're actually trying over here.....

It has nothing to do with intelligence but a lot to do with common sense. Acting AU president separating fact from fiction using a retired Army intelligence lieutenant general and athletic director Alan Greene to do the so-called investigating. There are also high-ranking Auburn attorneys involved. They are not doing this because the BOT made something up and ordered them to make it real! That is just nonsensical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fam be excited!!! Coaching search Auburn is the best AU when it comes to the hut hut program these days! If we aren't going to win on the field we can at least have fun off if!!! As long as it doesn't end with kevin Steele as the next head coach it should be a non stop action packed thrill ride!!! Buckle up bay baaaaaaay LFG!!!! Woooooo!!!!

Exactly. I live for coaching search on this forum. Gotta dust off the Ron Paul gif and hit up Lil Mook. There’s nothing more Auburn than tons of positive speculation, followed by a less the stellar hire, followed by everyone being pissed, and finally everyone talking themselves into believing that the hire “is” actually the best hire we could have made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I refuse to believe all of this is to get Kevin Effing Steele as Head Coach as the desired outcome of this inevitable coaching search @zeroforwinger. They saw the reaction last year. If they really go down that route and avenue then they are the most tone deaf power broker's at a major school. It would be a collosal disaster and fans would be furious and speak out via their wallets. Our PTB and money guys are dysfunctional but man I would hope they aren't this dumb!!!

It'd probably be the death of Auburn football for the 2020s. I see a ton of folks that don't want Harsin fired without cause. Now, imagine those people get the guy no one wanted 16 months ago 

• Haha 1

Wonder how Harsin is feeling knowing that the man that once ran the Defense Intelligence Agency is looking into what is going on in his program? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

Rhule's been looking for an out since halfway through the season. His names been linked to Penn State, Michigan, any big job being open. Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Probably not. 

Competent things like that never happen to Auburn. Get ready to watch Muschamp scream at a bunch of walk-ons for 2022.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Competent things like that never happen to Auburn. Get ready to watch Muschamp scream at a bunch of walk-ons for 2022.

Lol. What’s ironic is Muschamp is the reason why Napier didn’t want to come to Auburn. 

Rhule could happen…… but I’m not saying absolute NO or YES on a coach exception for Steele. I’ll only eat shoes for a month if it happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, AU-24 said:

It has nothing to do with intelligence but a lot to do with common sense. Acting AU president separating fact from fiction using a retired Army intelligence lieutenant general and athletic director Alan Greene to do the so-called investigating. There are also high-ranking Auburn attorneys involved. They are not doing this because the BOT made something up and ordered them to make it real! That is just nonsensical.

For goodness sakes I have no idea wth you are talking about and I don't give a crap who made what up, but if someone accuses a man of infedelity then he better be right. And if he is correct, I have no problem with the consequences. But if you know something, tell it. I don't know anything. Just trying to find out.

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't either. He had some pretty nice success at Baylor, but he didn't recruit well according to the rankings. 

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Lol. What’s ironic is Muschamp is the reason why Napier didn’t want to come to Auburn. 

Rhule could happen…… but I’m not saying absolute NO or YES on a coach exception for Steele. I’ll only eat shoes for a month if it happens. 

What did Muschamp have to do with his not wanting to come here? That's an interesting tidbit.