Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

My sources are telling me that who ever brought up the vaccination topic is onto something, Yella Fella has been consulting with Dr. Fauci and "the science" says they're may be a link between Harsin not getting the Jab and Bo's broken ankle. Damnable if true.

Easy! Even though that’s hilarious, you can’t use the “V” word in here

8 hours ago, mdp5150 said:

If they are trying to fire him “with cause” then they have to wait to give him due process. We won’t hear anything until later in the week. 

Lol he's not in a criminal or civil case

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

FYI - due process is also the term in HR whereby the person to be separated has a chance to explain. Not absolutely required unless you’re under a CBA or state law/precedent requires. But it’s prudent in complex circumstances to avoid unjust termination claims later. Where Auburn is running high risk. It is not ‘simplistically’ a jurisprudence context. See, some stuff is just a little more nuanced outside TV.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He’s a government employee, who could potentially be losing property (his job) and is required to have a hearing of some kind before losing that property, or we’d be violating his due process rights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is this the same person? The one from Boise or a different one?

I’m assuming it is, but I thought she worked in a more direct capacity for Harsin. 

One thing that may be correct:  It is known Harsin is all business and does not necessarily want to build relationships with the players or their families.  What we may be seeing with this split in the team, is that those who support him only need a coach that is all business.  They have good family lives at home so they do not need this.  Those that come from a single parent or no good family lives at home may be the ones against him.  They need a father-figure and Harsin doesn't care to be that, nor his wife.  I don't think Harsin wants any of his coaches to be this either.

One thing that was mentioned with Hudson is he had attitude issues dating back to his high school days.  Apparently Mason wanted to help him and mentor him but Harsin wanted no part of that and kicked Hudson off the team without Mason's input.  This may be part of the reason Mason left.

You can be all business but still be a father figure to some of these kids that desperately need it.  McClain is a great example of this and how coaches helped mold him into the young man he is today.  Had serious attitude issues but the coaches helped him.

This is probably why a lot of these guys are going to UCF because they need that family.  Gus and especially Kristi could be that for them so these players could break out of that mold and get out of their hometown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

One thing that may be correct:  It is known Harsin is all business and does not necessarily want to build relationships with the players or their families.  What we may be seeing with this split in the team, is that those who support him only need a coach that is all business.  They have good family lives at home so they do not need this.  Those that come from a single parent or no good family lives at home may be the ones against him.  They need a father-figure and Harsin doesn't care to be that, nor his wife.  I don't think Harsin wants any of his coaches to be this either.

One thing that was mentioned with Hudson is he had attitude issues dating back to his high school days.  Apparently Mason wanted to help him and mentor him but Harsin wanted no part of that and kicked Hudson off the team without Mason's input.  This may be part of the reason Mason left.

You can be all business but still be a father figure to some of these kids that desperately need it.  McClain is a great example of this and how coaches helped mold him into the young man he is today.  Had serious attitude issues but the coaches helped him.

This is probably why a lot of these guys are going to UCF because they need that family.  Gus and especially Kristi could be that for them so these players could break out of that mold and get out of their hometown.

You couldn't go a day without mentioning your hero Gus, huh?

28 minutes ago, AUx said:

FYI - due process is also the term in HR whereby the person to be separated has a chance to explain. Not absolutely required unless you’re under a CBA or state law/precedent requires. But it’s prudent in complex circumstances to avoid unjust termination claims later. Where Auburn is running high risk. It is not ‘simplistically’ a jurisprudence context. See, some stuff is just a little more nuanced outside TV.

He's going to be told why he was fired.  He can then sue if he feels like he was terminated unfairly.  This isn't a legal matter...yet

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are you talking about?  That is uncalled for.  I haven't been on that bus since he left.  And what I said was true.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Would you agree with his overall point if it wasn't for that last sentence?  Ignoring the Gus apologist side.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Would you agree with his overall point if it wasn't for that last sentence?  Ignoring the Gus apologist side.

No. I don't think it has anything to do with family. I think it has to do with comfortability and people go to where they are more comfortable than anything. 

Gus is an extreme, CBH is an extreme. Like most transfers, I think they will find the grass is not any greener on the other side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

No. I don't think it has anything to do with family. I think it has to do with comfortability and people go to where they are more comfortable than anything. 

There is more to what I am alluding to that you probably are not aware of that has been discussed on the other side.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was trying to take away the transfer aspect too.

Just the whole relationship aspect of it.  I mean, we sell "family", but I doubt it's supposed to be a dysfunctional family that doesn't talk, listen, or support ppl.

Maybe we can find tons of kids that don't need any structure and be successful that way.  idk.

Just now, abw0004 said:

There is more to what I am alluding to that you probably are not aware of that has been discussed on the other side.

It's such a damn weird flex how much you mention the donor board.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yeah I don't need to pay for info. My point is Gus is the other extreme to CBH. Neither to me is particularly good. A true family member can do both. Hold you accountable and still treat you like you feel valued. One of the "insiders" whom you guys tend to always defer to said as much prior to Gus leaving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I was trying to take away the transfer aspect too.

Just the whole relationship aspect of it.  I mean, we sell "family", but I doubt it's supposed to be a dysfunctional family that doesn't talk, listen, or support ppl.

Maybe we can find tons of kids that don't need any structure and be successful that way.  idk.

But it was supposedly dysfunctional with Gus here too. So why would I agree with his estimation of Gus?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's such a damn weird flex how much you mention the donor board.  

Oh I admit I do that a lot.  The donor side and setting up the donation system is my brainchild, which is why.  I am proud of it.  I helped another non-Auburn forum do the same thing so I helped Red with how it was done over there.  Without it, we may have had to sell the forum or introduce ads, which no one wants.  So if I can help encourage others to donate to keep the forum free of ads I want to do my part.  I hope that makes sense of why I do what I do.  All good intentions.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Those that come from a single parent or no good family lives at home may be the ones against him. 

I don't like when this assumption is made. I can't speak on the structure and dynamics of these kids' lives off of the field. 

Maybe they just wanted to feel like their coach actually cared about their productivity outside of Auburn football. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

After 3 years, Gus didn't seem to have an impact on Smoke...

2 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I don't like when this assumption is made. I can't speak on the structure and dynamics of these kids' lives off of the field. 

Maybe they just wanted to feel like their coach actually cared about their productivity outside of Auburn football. 

I am speaking of players that have come out and said as much.  McClain is a current player, Marlon Davidson is another who said Kristi is who really helped turn him around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GAAubie said:

After 3 years, Gus didn't seem to have an impact on Smoke...

I am unsure of what you mean with Smoke.  Are you referring to on the field, or off?

This story is moving fast. Now my impeccable sources are telling me it's definitely going to be Chiz. He hasn't been idle. He's worked up a whole new playbook. 

He's going to use four of those available scholarships as part of a parole board hearing to bring back Mike McNeil, Shaun Kitchens, Antonio Goodwin and Dakota Mosley. They'll be an updated version of Knute Rockne's offense, "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" The NCAA is talking about giving the fellows 9 extra years of eligibility for their years in Atmore Prison.

They have another series of plays similar to the Shotgun. It's called Michael Dyer's Gun or the 9mm.

• Facepalm 2