Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Smell Bama.. they have done this shite before. Check their latest losing streak..

6 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

No idea what you mean

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Things are happening as we speak bout all I can say for the moment. Strange times 

If I said both sides are working on a buyout, would I be in the Ballpark? I understand if u don't want to answer that...

3 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

This makes me so mad! 

and all the ppl liking the post.

likes.thumb.png.15232da109372572af235f84f1d49ddc.png

• Thanks 1

Such a disaster. 

This whole thing makes no sense. You have people like Lee saying that stuff, but then you have 6th year seniors coming back for more. Sounds like a lot of these younger guys weren’t all about the abrasive attitude Harsin probably displays and the older guys get it. 

Either way, Harsin was slowly killing the program, so whatever happens, we were likely bound for a long fall to the bottom of the league anyway. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

This SMELLS... this SMELLS big time... as for Allen Greene.. very simple view.. most of the programs are at the top of their classifications. Football is on the rise.. I smell Turds!!

Why would any rival school want Harsin gone? Kinda like we all hated to see Shula fired.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Beyond that, Mark Murphy over at 247 also hinted at some abusive treatment of admin staff, players and coaches in a post last night.

Good insights and thanks for the information you're providing.  Former AU o lineman Will Adams transferred to Boise and played for Harsin there.  He did a podcast shortly after the hire where he gave very positive reviews for Harsin as a coach and person. Confirmed that he was very demanding but never implied abusive. The abuse allegations raises a couple of questions with me. Usually coaches who are abusive to players and staff do it no matter where they coach so why is this the first any of us have heard of that being in his nature after a pretty lengthy coaching career? Also, we’ve lost a lot of players to the portal but a lot of very smart and reputable players chose to come back to AU for a 5th or 6th year. Why would they do that for an abusive coach? And most of his staff and support staff moved across country with him and appear very loyal. Why would they do that to work for an abusive coach? I’m not directing these questions at you, just raising them rhetorically. This whole situation is just terrible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Actually no; he was referring to his awful coaching, handling of assistant coaches, recruiting etc…

I’m willing to believe any of it at this point. For the first half of the year I thought he got an A for his assistants, and we looked far better coached and prepared than we have in a long time. But since the Ole Miss game he has gotten a D in coaching and an F in everything else

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woodford said:

When can Allen Greene leave?

Be careful because this could be a misguided emotion. Although AG is an easy target via football it could be a plot to get someone to replace him that doesn't mesh well with CBP. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

and all the ppl liking the post.

likes.thumb.png.15232da109372572af235f84f1d49ddc.png

Again change and adaptability which can still yield the same goals u want to achieve. The hard azz approach has been equated to previous years past. What worked for some 20 years ago u can’t do it now. Even the military has changed the way basic training is done.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well Google isn't really anyone's friend, let's be real but I've long since uncovered the dirt --

ridiculous we can't talk about anything whatsoever here at the moment in my opinion 

There is a fine line between discussing a rumor and posting links to possibly involved people’s social media, etc.

At this point its just rumors and there is no need to drag someone through the mud and possibly do damage to their reputation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If this happens and we don't get High Freeze, I'll be disappointed.

Bruce got his 2nd chance here and Hugh would work too if he truly has cleaned things up as it appears he has.

So fire for infidelity and replace him with a guy who was fired for infidelity....The media would crucify us.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Be careful because this could be a misguided emotion. Although AG is an easy target via football it could be a plot to get someone to replace him that doesn't mess well with CBP. 

No I’ve wanted him gone for a while now. He doesn’t want to be at Auburn. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

This makes me so mad! 

Me too!  I just hate that a young man spends one semester in college and still can't write well at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Probably, although I am also just directing those who have access to go look so we don't end up like the previous deleted thread with bad rumors that can really ruin reputations.

You mean like earlier this year? 

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If I said both sides are working on a buyout, would I be in the Ballpark? I understand if u don't want to answer that...

Think of hell Freezing over

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So fire for infidelity and replace him with a guy who was fired for infidelity....The media would crucify us.

Neither were or being fired for infidelity nor was petrino fired for that. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Gen Burgess had a unbelievable career! Made many good people great and average people good etc..

Yeah he did, that's why I wanted him for AU President.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Hey, I wanted to hire him before this mess.

Optics may not be great, but winning cures everything. He would win.